The NCAA Tournament

Beta84

They're out to get us
Sorry BETA - SD St plays in the same half of the west bracket as UCONN. There has to be someone from the other half to take them on in the elite 8. The choices would be:

Duke/Hampton, Michigan/Tennessee, Arizona/Memphis, Texas/Oakland

As you can see, I picked Duke and Tx in the other half of that bracket to face UCONN/Temple (who beats SD St in the weekend game) winner. I picked TX to beat Duke and Uconn to beat Temple...setting up UCONN vs TX for a berth in the final 4...as Uconn beat TX in TX this year during the regular season, it is not too much of a stretch to think they can do it again.
I'm aware of the bracket, thanks though! I was thinking Tennessee, Oakland, or Memphis would end up playing UConn in the Elite 8 and therefore wouldn't really be a challenge. That likely won't happen now though :lmao:

Vandy just lost to Richmond. I didn't see that happening but something told me to take the underdog in Richmond and I snagged it.:yahoo:
I picked Vandy because I was convinced they were a solid team (true) and wouldn't choke in yet another NCAA tourney (false). ANOTHER choke. That's two 5-12 upsets in a row for them. Oops. They had all the tools to make a run too.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Have I mentioned how glad I am I DIDN'T do a bracket this year? :killingme It would be a hot mess right about now....

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm at 95% right now. Not too shabby.

San Diego State scared me going into double overtime. I have them going all the way to the Championship game.

Severa

I'm at 95% right now. Not too shabby.

San Diego State scared me going into double overtime. I have them going all the way to the Championship game.

Hate to break it to you, but Butler knocked off #1 Pitt. THAT right there is going to eff up just about EVERYONE'S bracket...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hate to break it to you, but Butler knocked off #1 Pitt. THAT right there is going to eff up just about EVERYONE'S bracket...

Yeah, I had Pitt in the final four. However, I somehow moved up into 1st on my ladder with 98%.:lol:

The Masters.

I was thinking maybe The Open, if only because they show so much more of the golf - it seems like there's 15 hours of golf shown each round. The Masters is great viewing, and it usually manages to deliver some Sunday afternoon magic, but they don't show as much golf. I also think the different (and legendary) courses and the unpredictable effect of the weather make The Open pretty interesting.

There's nothing wrong with being a homer. I have UNC, Duke, Florida State, Maryland, and Georgia Tech in the Final Four - and I have UNC beating Duke in the championship game.

It looks like all 5 of my Final Four picks are still alive. :yahoo:

The end of that game was crazy, but that's the beauty of the NCAA's - they always seem to deliver crazy, and unexpectable versions of it at that.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The tournament has been crazy so far! Butler/Pitt, UNC/Washington, and Texas/Zona were especially insane endings. I don't remember another collection of games like that with fouls and weird shots and whatnot.

And the upsets! Pitt goes down? ND and Syracuse too? Hello Big Least! The Sweet 16 has 3 ACC teams, 2 SEC, 2 Big 10, 2 Big East, 1 Pac 10, 1 Big 12, and 5 mid major! 4 teams 10 seed or lower. That's bracket busting. Anyone whose Southwest bracket isn't mostly annihilated was on crack when making their picks. Luckily KU is still alive, which is most people's final 4 pick :lol:

My bracket isn't looking so hot...picked some 12 and 13 upsets, just the wrong ones! All of my final 4 teams are left, but the other 4 games for the Elite 8 my winners were eliminated when I made (or missed) upset picks. :doh:

It looks like all 5 of my Final Four picks are still alive. :yahoo:

so what team did Georgia Tech and Maryland morph into anyway? not sure i ever figured that out :lmao:

Last edited:
so what team did Georgia Tech and Maryland morph into anyway? not sure i ever figured that out :lmao:

They haven't been eliminated yet, ergo they are still alive. I dont have time right now to get lost in any other extraneous details regarding, or gratuitous explanations of, the matter.

Severa

Hooooooooooooooooly crap.....I love my Wildcats (University of Kentucky) but even I wasn't sure we'd squeak past Ohio State....

jrt_ms1995

As disappointing as it is to me, Tilted, it seems those d**ned Yankee preppies from Orange County Community College :bigwhoop: are still in (though I've never cared much for Marquette, either.)

Severa

For those of you who HAD brackets, they just got a little redder

[URL="http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310862305"
]VCU 71
KU 61[/URL]