The NCAA Tournament

Wow!

I think retiredweaxman and Beta84 both deserve credit for getting one of the Final Four participants correct. That's better than anyone else on the planet did. Now to figure out whether I should root for Butler or VCU. I wish they were in different semis so I could root for both of them.

As disappointing as it is to me, Tilted, it seems those d**ned Yankee preppies from Orange County Community College :bigwhoop: are still in (though I've never cared much for Marquette, either.)

You jinxed them. :ohwell:

It's ashame too, with Duke, Florida State, Maryland, and especially Georgia Tech out of the way, they were sure to go all the way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wow!

I think retiredweaxman and Beta84 both deserve credit for getting one of the Final Four participants correct. That's better than anyone else on the planet did. Now to figure out whether I should root for Butler or VCU. I wish they were in different semis so I could root for both of them.

I think ESPN has two people left out of a million or so?

jrt_ms1995

You jinxed them. :ohwell:

It's ashame too, with Duke, Florida State, Maryland, and especially Georgia Tech out of the way, they were sure to go all the way.

Just applying some good'ol Moo U philosophy (heh, how'd I spell that right?); A-B-C, anybody but Carolina. :killingme

R

retiredweaxman

Wow!

TILTED - it is not too late to jump on the UCONN bandwagon. I grew up about 15 minutes or so from the campus and have done a lot of suffering with the Huskies thru the years (I hate DUKE and C LAETTNER not to mention GEORGE MASON in 2006).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
TILTED - it is not too late to jump on the UCONN bandwagon. I grew up about 15 minutes or so from the campus and have done a lot of suffering with the Huskies thru the years (I hate DUKE and C LAETTNER not to mention GEORGE MASON in 2006).

Suffering???

Since 1990, 21 years; Two time champs, 4 final fours, nine final eights (including two title years) 13 sweet 16's, 16 first round wins in that time, 17 appearances in 21 years. 7 conference tournament titles and 10 regular season conference titles?

Woe is you!

:wah: :lol:

R

retiredweaxman

Suffering???

Since 1990, 21 years; Two time champs, 4 final fours, nine final eights (including two title years) 13 sweet 16's, 16 first round wins in that time, 17 appearances in 21 years. 7 conference tournament titles and 10 regular season conference titles?

Woe is you!

:wah: :lol:

Valid points Larry...but I have been a fan since the Dee Rowe days of the 70s...the football team didn't do much until they went FBS 8-9 years ago (was 1-AA or FCS)...

I'm still holding out hope that Georgia Tech can pull this thing out on a last second Hail Mary buzzer beating shot. Besides, if I start rooting for UConn, they are sure to be trounced by VCU in the final - and you don't want that to happen.

Come on Lethal Weapon 3! You can do it!

(Two cool points for the first person to get the reference.)

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Can you tell who WE are rooting for?

Attachments

• uofk.jpg
    uofk.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
R

retiredweaxman

Way to go UCONN!!!!

UCONN/Butler in the final...who ya got???

I've had UCONN since the beginning and gotta stick with them.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Much as I hated the outcome of the UofK/UConn game, I'm still hella proud of my Cats for getting to the Final Four! We made it WAY farther than I thought (considering last year with Wall and Cousins we only made it to second round, THIS year making it as far as we did was just flat unbelievable)

That being said, I'm now rooting for the underdogs! GO BUTLER GO!