The party

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Barbra -

How big are the image files themselves? Is there any way you can reduce them? I don't mean how large they appear, but how big they are, in bytes. Most of the time with jpg's and gif's you can substantially reduce their size if they are viewed on the web, because monitors can only render so much of the image anyway.

Or perhaps what you might do is create a page of thumbnails with links to the larger pics. That way, if someone wants to see a pic, they don't see all of them all at once - just the ones they want to see. This will reduce the transfer rate, because right now, everybody gets every picture right away.

Of course, as interest in the party wanes, the hits will go down.

SxyPrincess

Question--

Who *looked* totally different or *acted* not like you would have thought? Was there any "one" person who stood out the most to you?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I already knew quite a few people already, so no surprise there. I think maybe RFM, zyrne, and Missi didn't look like what I'd pictured, but honestly, the biggest surprise to me was....YOU.

I knew what you looked like, but I guess I expected someone to be brash, loud, boisterous - maybe even a little *rude*. YOU surprised me, frankly. You were pleasant, cordial and polite. Not what I expected.

SxyPrincess

:lol: Well, Frank--I'm glad I "surprised" you! :D Maybe if I would have stayed well into the wee hours and had a few more drinks in me, you would have seen the "other" side. :lol:

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Frank

I'm scared to ask this, buuuut! What did you picture me looking like? And be nice, pleeease!:kiss: :lmao:

The last time I saw you sxy was in high school and you had brown hair! But you look good with blonde!;) That was different seeing!

And yes Frank was not what I expected. But you are the best!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Nothing particular comes to mind - just that the name "missi" conjures an image in my mind of tiny, timid, petite and quiet. You know, glasses, short brown hair, too quiet to say anything.

I have to admit, my batting average on guessing what people look like without clues is about zero.

For example, when I first met DeeJay and Larry last summer - they took me completely by surprise. (DeeJay of course, said I was *exactly* as she pictured). Ken is the only person who was exactly as I pictured.

SxyPrincess

Thanks, Missi! It was good to see you after so many years. I totally recognized you when I saw you.

I'm still trying to think about who shocked me the most. I had seen pics of several people so only a few faces were a surprise.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Rundown

Because I love a good analysis!

SxyPrincess and Pixie: The biggest surprise. For all the trash talk, they were actually quite reserved. No revealing clothes, no wild behavior - just two nice cute gals.

Cariblue: Another surprise. I figured her for a granola munching LL Bean kinda gal. What we got was a very outgoing, friendly, sleek babe sipig Mint Juleps. Back home we'd describe her as "piss elegant", which is a supreme compliment.

Missi: figured her for a harried young mother with wild children. She's actually a smiling happy person with very well-behaved cutie pie boys.

Everyone else was about what I expected. Sharon is as funny in real life as she is in here - great sense of humor. Zyrne is quiet but friendly - same with RFM. Frank, Christy, Steve and Ken I already knew. I had pictured RoseRed as a heavy brunette - she's actually a petite blonde. BchBuns and Tater - just the same as they are in here, fun, friendly, both are a blast and someone you'd definitely want at your party. Didn't talk to Barbra much but she seemed very nice.

Who am I missing?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol:

I never really had a chance to chat with you. My daughter had me quite busy. Next time I may have to leave her at home.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: The Rundown

Originally posted by vraiblonde

I had pictured RoseRed as a heavy brunette - she's actually a petite blonde.
:roflmao:
Well, I hope I was an OK surprise!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
vrai,

I had the same mental image of Rose. Maybe it's all those old 50's and 60's shows, where "Rosie" is always this big, burly woman. Or maybe - Roseanne. Or Rosie the riveter.

So I was a bit surprised. She's slim and adorable.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Well frank that person you thought I was going to look like was me about 4 years ago (basically before kids). I'm only 5 feet and my real hair color is brown and I'm supposed to wear glasses, but I don't!!! I wa shy before kids, but kids kinda bring a person out! And before kids I was tiny, only weighing in at 110 pounds and a size 5!!! Yeah the good ol days! But I go to gym now, and one day I will be my cute self again! So really you hit a home run!!!

Thanks vari for saying my kids are cute! I know!!! :p (just jokeing!!)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bch, she's probably talking about me :shocked: :lol:

Everyone's usually a lot nicer in person - you have to be more polite to real people than nameless, faceless strangers. When someone's being a bonehead in the forums you can say, "You're being a bonehead" instead of "Isn't that an interesting point of view?" That's the whole point of online forums - you can say what you think instead of what's polite. Except for some of us who say what we think all the time. That's why I ran away when anyone started talking politics or social woes at the party.
:lol:

S

Sticks

HI, I checked out the pics on Barbara's web page. Looks like I missed a cool party. Kids looked like they were lovin the pool. I wanted to come but at the last minute something happened and I couldn't make it.
Later,
John