The perfect jeans for your body!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
ahhh...the never-ending quest for a perfect pair of jeans ... ones that aren't too tight, don't gap at the waist, don't drag on the floor to trip you, don't look like high-waters, don't bag at the butt, don't cut off circulation when you sit down...etc., etc., etc.

I'm still looking but so far I've had reasonable success with jeans by Victoria's Secret (although length is an issue here), Lucky jeans (a bit pricey for denim),Coldwater Creek (my current favorites), and believe it or not, the Lee jeans at Walmart (I know, I know...:hangingheadinshame: ... but they fit as long as I can find the small size)..

Whoever cracks this code and comes up with a perfect pair of jeans is guaranteed multi-millionaire status and the adulation of women everywhere...

:coffee:
I third American Eagle jeans. They've started selling super-long lengths online and they're perfect for really tall girls. :smile: Also, Gap recently reworked their denim collection. Again, super-tall lengths available online, and the fit is great. I like their Perfect Boot jeans because the rise is high enough to not flash your butt crack if your shirt isn't long enough - I call them my grown up jeans. :lmao: And from what I hear, even their lower rises are higher in the back to eliminate that issue.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I like their Perfect Boot jeans because the rise is high enough to not flash your butt crack if your shirt isn't long enough - I call them my grown up jeans. :lmao: And from what I hear, even their lower rises are higher in the back to eliminate that issue.

I'll have to look at Gap jeans next time I'm at the store. I used to love them, then hated them.

Too many *woman* try to shop the juniors section and their jeans will fit you differently. At some point you have to say goodbye to girl's clothes and graduate up. :lol:

sockgirl77

I'll have to look at Gap jeans next time I'm at the store. I used to love them, then hated them.

Too many *woman* try to shop the juniors section and their jeans will fit you differently. At some point you have to say goodbye to girl's clothes and graduate up. :lol:

I learned that lesson a few years ago. I also learned to stop paying attention to the sizes on the tags. They're rarely correct. I got a pair of Aeropostale jeans from a nice assed forumite that fit me the best that I've ever seen. Sucks because I can't seem to find them in the store or online. :ohwell:

daydreamer

Don't change from AE! I love how the :whistle: looks in them. :banana::hot:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

:lol: That's how I was with GAP jeans too. Loved them and their dress pants when I was younger and then something changed and I hated them. Express did something different to their jeans. I have a couple pairs that are 8 years old and some that are 6 months old and they both fit well but the new ones needed a couple warm washes/runs in the dryer to fit well. I have two pairs of Refuge jeans that I got somewhere in the mall a while ago that are juniors sizes, same brand and size but different styles but one fits WAY better than the other. I like AE and Express for the overall consistancy. I can go get 4 pairs of the same size but different style and they all fit comperably. I need a damn half size is my problem, one size is super tight and the next size up fits well but after a couple hours they're on the loose side.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:lol: That's how I was with GAP jeans too. Loved them and their dress pants

I LOVE Gap's dress pants. I have several pair and they're all comfortable and the material is nice. The Limited has nice work slacks, too, and they always have sales at Annapolis Mall. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I LOVE Gap's dress pants. I have several pair and they're all comfortable and the material is nice. The Limited has nice work slacks, too, and they always have sales at Annapolis Mall. :yay:

I like limited too. NY&Co and Express are what I have the most of and like both a good deal. I wish that they'd make dress pants slightly lower waisted. Even the lower rise ones are a little high.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Glad I came across this thread. I'll have to check out AE. I got a pair of jeans from NY a month or so ago and LOVE them. I waited if that f-ing stupid line for them too. 2 people in front of me and it took the girl 20 minutes to check them out. I was SO pissed, but I really like the jeans.

Most times I run in to the problem of the jean not being long enough, I need at least a 34in. Then to find the correct waist is a pain, they must think all tall girls are "big boned".

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Most times I run in to the problem of the jean not being long enough, I need at least a 34in. Then to find the correct waist is a pain, they must think all tall girls are "big boned".
:howdy: I used to have the same problem, but I need at least a 36 inseam. The good news is that more and more stores are starting to sell extended inseam sizes online. The Buckle is a great resource for longer jeans, and a lot of them go by waist size, not some arbitrary number.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
:lol: That's how I was with GAP jeans too. Loved them and their dress pants when I was younger and then something changed and I hated them. Express did something different to their jeans. I have a couple pairs that are 8 years old and some that are 6 months old and they both fit well but the new ones needed a couple warm washes/runs in the dryer to fit well. I have two pairs of Refuge jeans that I got somewhere in the mall a while ago that are juniors sizes, same brand and size but different styles but one fits WAY better than the other. I like AE and Express for the overall consistancy. I can go get 4 pairs of the same size but different style and they all fit comperably. I need a damn half size is my problem, one size is super tight and the next size up fits well but after a couple hours they're on the loose side.

:yeahthat:

and there is nothing worse than having them fit perfectly in the morning and then two hours later you're walking around hitching them up every 10 minutes!!!!

sockgirl77

My biggest problem is that most petites are too short for me now but I walk all over regular length jeans. I'm 5'2".

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
My biggest problem is that most petites are too short for me now but I walk all over regular length jeans. I'm 5'2".

That's one of my main problems, too. I've found that inseam length varies widely from brand to brand and category to category (regular, petite, etc.). I finally got a pair that fit perfectly and discovered that I need inseams of 30". Try to shop by inseam length, it's much easier.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
:yeahthat:

and there is nothing worse than having them fit perfectly in the morning and then two hours later you're walking around hitching them up every 10 minutes!!!!

oh yeah! i hate that. after a few hours they sag in the crotch because I have a big butt and have to buy bigger sizes to fit it..:killingme always fits in the butt but not on the waist.

The AE jeans fit well but feel thin to me..prolly because I usually wear levis.

sockgirl77

That's one of my main problems, too. I've found that inseam length varies widely from brand to brand and category to category (regular, petite, etc.). I finally got a pair that fit perfectly and discovered that I need inseams of 30". Try to shop by inseam length, it's much easier.

And where do they sell women's jeans by inseam length around here?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
oh yeah! i hate that. after a few hours they sag in the crotch because I have a big butt and have to buy bigger sizes to fit it..:killingme always fits in the butt but not on the waist.

The AE jeans fit well but feel thin to me..prolly because I usually wear levis.

Ugh, that's what happened recently when I purchased some new jeans. Am I the only one that likes Old Navy jeans? Sweetheart cut for me in petite. So I'll just have to wait until my body goes back to normal.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
And where do they sell women's jeans by inseam length around here?

Inseam length is usually included somewhere on the labels. I shop a lot online so I always check the clothing descriptions for the inseam length. I know that the Regular length in the Lee jeans at Walmart (yeah I know but damn it, they fit!) is 30 inches so they're perfect for me. Depends on where & how you shop.