The polls

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See question 11. This poll has him ahead by 8 points.

If you recall, they all had Hillary winning in a landslide.

So question for you:

Are you for Biden, or just against Trump? As in, are you really excited at the prospect of a Biden presidency?

SkylarkTempest

So question for you:

Are you for Biden, or just against Trump? As in, are you really excited at the prospect of a Biden presidency?

I've been for Biden since 2004 when he articulated a coherent plan for "post-war" Iraq that, in my opinion, would have averted the sectarian violence that erupted in the aftermath. But I am also for any statesman or stateswoman. Run Romney and I'll gladly vote for him. Run Haley and I'll gladly vote for her.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I personally believe Biden is going to lose because of the “stay at homes”.
The AAs and the Bernie bro’s are not going to go to the polls. Maybe that is why the big push for mail ins.....

SkylarkTempest

That's an oversimplification. The RCP average had Hillary at 46.8% and Trump at 43.6% nationally. The final tally was 48.2% and 46.1%, respectively. Trump's victory was a result of 0.06% of the people who cast votes in that election. Because of our mostly winner-takes-all system at the state level, a small statistical variance can cause this kind of result. Even fivethirtyeight.com had Hillary at a 75% chance to win. That's a 1-in-4 chance that Trump will win, which is not small. The polls were accurate, but polls are statistical instruments. The result was less likely, but definitely statistically possible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been for Biden since 2004

So there's one. I don't think I've heard anyone else admit that they are actually voting FOR Joe Biden. I know several people who were FOR Kamala Harris, or Mayor Pete, or Bernie Sanders, but you are the first person I've heard/seen say they are FOR Biden. Most are just "anyone but Trump".

Reactions: BOP

gemma_rae

Mail in voting is a Win-Win for the dims now matter how you slice it. If Jerkin' Joe even makes it to November, the dims will do anything and everything to steal the election. Win. If they can't steal it and Trump get's another term they will use mail in voting as their new excuse to claim Trump is an illegitimate president. Win

Now, If the dims still have the House this will be the new investigation and impeachment hoax. Win

I guess it's more of a Win-Win-Win actually.

I've said before that the dims don't even care about this election, they would much rather obstruct Trump than lead.

SkylarkTempest

Are you serious? Even in 2008, 2012, and 2016?

You do know he was VP in 2008 & 2012 right?

I think you took me too literally, but I also may have not been clear enough. The question was about support for Biden. I first noticed Biden in 2004. I saw him on some program where he was talking about a plan to partition Iraq (or rather, un-partition it) in an effort to mitigate the growing sectarian tensions that arose in the absence of Saddam's authoritarian rule. In 2008, I was an early supporter of Biden for president but knew he had no chance of winning. Obviously, I could not support Biden for president in the 2008 and 2012 general election because he was not running. My use of the word "for" in my statement meant that I have generally supported him as a politician because many of his views are aligned with my values and he is an effective legislator. I always thought he would make a good president, and still do.

gemma_rae

I think you took me too literally, but I also may have not been clear enough. The question was about support for Biden. I first noticed Biden in 2004. I saw him on some program where he was talking about a plan to partition Iraq (or rather, un-partition it) in an effort to mitigate the growing sectarian tensions that arose in the absence of Saddam's authoritarian rule. In 2008, I was an early supporter of Biden for president but knew he had no chance of winning. Obviously, I could not support Biden for president in the 2008 and 2012 general election because he was not running. My use of the word "for" in my statement meant that I have generally supported him as a politician because many of his views are aligned with my values and he is an effective legislator. I always thought he would make a good president, and still do.
No reservations about his apparently declining cognitive powers?

gemma_rae

Probably not... He's still sharper than most democrats! :yay:
Yeah, but can he cut the top off my beer can?

gemma_rae

Get snot slinging shitfaced piss your pants drunk. If you dumb it down a bit from there you'll fit in just fine.
I'm skeered. I thought I had a bad case of borborygmus the other night but it turned out to be my liver crying. I have to have mercy on her for a little while.

Another oppurtinity missed. :le sigh:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
My answer to the OP's question is: yes. Of those who vote for Biden some will be FOR Biden, but I suspect many (most?) will be FOR not Trump.

I don't think this election is Trump's for the taking. However, I do take comfort in the polls being all over the place. Meaning, given ALL the crap Trump has had to deal with throughout his presidency he's doing remarkably well. Unprecedentedly well, even.

I think Trump wins in November, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't. And it will be America's loss if that happens (i.e., Trump loses).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP