the power

Pete

Repete
Power just came back in Budds Creek after about an hour off. Thanks SMECO!
Generator rocked!! :yahoo:

I think I am going to invest in a generator. I will call you to come put in the connection. :yay:

I was thinking of finding one I can run with the PTO on my tractor. I would think that would be more powerful and cheaper than a gas.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Still have power for now here in Great Mills, had dinner early in anticipation of power outage..

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think I am going to invest in a generator. I will call you to come put in the connection. :yay:

I was thinking of finding one I can run with the PTO on my tractor. I would think that would be more powerful and cheaper than a gas.

My BIL is trying to talk me into a 17kw propane fired stand by unit. Funny, I don't recall winning the lottery.

Seriously though I was looking for generators last night (online) and found a 6500 watt Generac portable for 850. I never checked on the shipping costs though, maybe I should. :lol:

christy217

I live in Ben Oaks in Mechanicsville. The power went out here at a little after 2 pm, and we just got it back. The winds are pretty nasty, however, I am thankful no actual trees have fell on the house, just branches and other debris.

Is it just me, or is it taking forever for this day to be over with?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

PTO generators are an excellent option. All of our backup power for the milking barns and the rest of the farm was always from tractor PTO generators.

Pete

Repete
PTO generators are an excellent option. All of our backup power for the milking barns and the rest of the farm was always from tractor PTO generators.
We had a huge one when I grew up on the dairy farm. We used an 80 horse tractor though :lol: My John Deere has 24 hp at the PTO and has a 3 cyl diesel. I can run it at 540rpm and only use 1 gal per hour.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Is it just me, or is it taking forever for this day to be over with?

NO. Right there with you. I see all these reports of people losing/still without power, where it hasn't flickered here (Yet!) and going "well damn...."

(disclaimer: First hurricane here, I outran Isabel when we lived in VA Beach so kinda new to all of this..)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We had a huge one when I grew up on the dairy farm. We used an 80 horse tractor though :lol: My John Deere has 24 hp at the PTO and has a 3 cyl diesel. I can run it at 540rpm and only use 1 gal per hour.

We ran ours off of a 4020 JD..might have been close to 80 HP. I don't recall the generator output but I would guess it had to be in excess of 20 kw.

I've got a 770 JD now..about same as yours for power output. But with two truck-mounted gennies of 8 and 15 kw and two portables..I don't need one to put behind the tractor. Still a great idea though...considering what it would cost to buy a complete diesel genny of 10kw or so. I've seen some decent ones for around 3 or 4 grand.

Pete

Repete
We ran ours off of a 4020 JD..might have been close to 80 HP. I don't recall the generator output but I would guess it had to be in excess of 20 kw.

I've got a 770 JD now..about same as yours for power output. But with two truck-mounted gennies of 8 and 15 kw and two portables..I don't need one to put behind the tractor. Still a great idea though...considering what it would cost to buy a complete diesel genny of 10kw or so. I've seen some decent ones for around 3 or 4 grand.

That's what we used a 4020. I just found on online for $1300, 12Kw. Requires a 24 horse tractor.

I was in "electronics" as in little stuff. I suppose 12KW would run quite a bit.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's what we used a 4020. I just found on online for $1300, 12Kw. Requires a 24 horse tractor.

I was in "electronics" as in little stuff. I suppose 12KW would run quite a bit.

12Kw will run the average house..all of it. My 8Kw will almost do that. Have to be carefull about running a coffee pot or the electric range at the same time as the water heater ....

Pete

Repete
12Kw will run the average house..all of it. My 8Kw will almost do that. Have to be carefull about running a coffee pot or the electric range at the same time as the water heater ....

Sweet! That might be my next investment.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Still good here. Blips of brown out but no power loss so far.

With all these trees in our area, I'm surprised one hasn't fallen across a power line yet. Keep'n my fingers crossed. I'm surprised we still have power. I keep expecting it to go out at anytime. If it does go out, I know we're by high on the priorty list because if I don't have power, the school doesn't have power.