the power

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SMECO’s linemen are IBEW, and they are very dedicated and hard-working employees. However, we have crews from other electric cooperatives and other contracting crews who are not members of the union. We also have SMECO management personnel who are helping us to assess the damage and guide our outside crews in the field who are non-union. Both union and non-union are indistinguishable — they all performing 16–18-hour shifts, working side by side as hard as they can to restore power to all of Southern Maryland. We are all working as one team to get the lights back on for our customer-members.

Thanks for the clarification.

This is the answer I was hoping for, as we all hope that during emergencies any and all assets and abilities can be brought to bear with a single goal in mind.

I don't think we need to distinguish nor give seperate credit to union or non-union as they are all doing a great job for us.

ginwoman

We are so fortunate that the last few days haven't been real hot and humid. Imagine how miserable the workers would have been (as if they aren't miserable enough) plus how hot all of our houses would have been.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We are so fortunate that the last few days haven't been real hot and humid. Imagine how miserable the workers would have been (as if they aren't miserable enough) plus how hot all of our houses would have been.

they're working hard no doubt, but I thinking counting the money Is making them a lot less miserable.. I'm sure most are "miserable" with a huge smile on their faces.. 8 hours of overtime a day for a few weeks would make me REAL "MISERABLE"