The reverse Veep thread...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I'm pretty much voting for McCain - I've said that since the Republican primaries were over - but if Barr picks up momentum, I would look his way. (my issues are #1-War on Terror, #2-SCOTUS, #3-Economy) I would feel better if he picked Romney, as I believe he has the businessman/economy experience to bring.

Obama: I agree things would be fun to watch if he picked Edwards because that would be a head scratcher. But - I also think that if he picked ANY woman besides Hillary, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and there is not enough popcorn to get us through November if that happens.

Bann

Didn't think "makes me wonder" translates into "won't vote for" or "unfit to be POTUS".

Truth is, he was my favorite up until I read this - and then I thought, that is kind of weird, in an LBJ hold the beagle by the ears kind of way.

LBJ_pulling_beagle_ears.jpg

EEk.

I agree that the dog story always had me wondering, too. I heard it early on in the primaries and thought - whoa - they're going to make a BIG deal out of this. I wouldn't do it, but I didn't think they really were being malicious. I guess when you h ave so many kids in the family, you run out of room?!

Bann

Basically, I think you'd like him. Smart guy - graduated HS at 16. BS at Brown. Rhodes Scholar. Son of Indian immigrant parents. As such - pro-immgration, ANTI illegal immigration. State university president. Brought Medicare in LA from bankruptcy, to in the black. Won his congressional seat with 78 percent of the vote, 88% percent in re-election. Won governorship with 54% of the vote, and won in almost every parish. Since being governor. he pushed his ethics reform in two weeks. Frankly, if anyone can clean up Louisiana politics, they get an A from anyone. Limbaugh calls him the next Reagan. Pretty solid conservative.

His drawback? Same as Obama's. Short resume. Big on talent, short list of accomplishments. Biggest difference is, however, he's about 8 years younger than Obama and seems to have accomplished more.

My dad's sentiment is - good guy, let him speak at the convention, throw him back and let him run in '12. He'll win.

:yay: