the Ruddy Duck

Are you going to have a fire burning pizza oven? I think somd could really use a good pizza place. Nothing says good pizza like a perfectly blistered thin crust.

:lmao: Even if it's not fire, a good pizza oven is a must, not those "put it in on the wire rack on one end and it pops out the other end 10 feet away". Just not the same. Gotta be baked on stone.

ohstate

:lmao: Even if it's not fire, a good pizza oven is a must, not those "put it in on the wire rack on one end and it pops out the other end 10 feet away". Just not the same. Gotta be baked on stone.

Wood fired >>>> just baked on stone >>>> anything else.

carlosruddyduck

Are you going to have a fire burning pizza oven? I think somd could really use a good pizza place. Nothing says good pizza like a perfectly blistered thin crust.

We will have a Stone Hearth oven from Woodstone. It's the best pizza oven in the market today. Check: Commercial Cooking Equipment, Wood and Gas Pizza Ovens
Also check this one:
NEWS at QUALITY STREET: Chef Carlos from the Ruddy Duck
I'll be in Quality Street in Leonardtown making pizzas, calzones and foccacias in June.
Carlos

ohstate

We will have a Stone Hearth oven from Woodstone. It's the best pizza oven in the market today. Check: Commercial Cooking Equipment, Wood and Gas Pizza Ovens
Also check this one:
NEWS at QUALITY STREET: Chef Carlos from the Ruddy Duck
I'll be in Quality Street in Leonardtown making pizzas, calzones and foccacias in June.
Carlos

That looks like the one they have at one of my favorite neighborhood pizza places in Alexandria. Good pizza from that thing. Now, for toppings, you need some quality ingredients. Anyway, good news on the oven! Thanks.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Hi everybody!!!

I'm Carlos with Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill.

I saw your postings in this forum and wanted to jump in to say hi.

Yes we are a Brewery but also a Restaurant.

We will bring to Southern Maryland not only hand Crafted beers and a full service bar, but a unique menu including Gourmet pizzas, pastas, local seafood, and grilled stakes and meats; at a very reasonal price.

For those that prefer wine we will have an extensive list of international wines.

Unfortunately we are not open yet. We are looking at end of August now. The addition of the brewery makes it quite complicated since special permits, tough local regulations and brewing beer itself take time.

Cheers:cheers:

Carlos
The Ruddy Duck Brewery and Grille, Solomons Maryland

Now you're speaking my language :cheers:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Hi everybody!!!

Just wanted you to know that RDB&G is not a chain. It’s 100% local Southern Maryland!!!!
We will try, as much as possible, to use our local produce, meats and sea food.

We will bring to Southern Maryland not only hand Crafted beers and a full service bar, but a unique menu including Gourmet pizzas, pastas, local seafood, and grilled stakes and meats; at a very reasonal price.

For those that prefer wine we will have an extensive list of international wines.

Unfortunately we are not open yet. We are looking at end of August now. The addition of the brewery makes it quite complicated since special permits, tough local regulations and brewing beer itself take time.

We are going to make a big effort to improve service and waiting time in this area.

We will also have live entertainment, brewery tours, a beer mug club, beer festivals, special dinners (paring food and beers) and lots more.

In the next couple of weeks our new website will be up and running. You can still go to our current web site and register for a free beer.
Over 600 people have registered already!!!
I’m looking forward to giving a lot of beer away, so we can celebrate our grand opening together!!!

Sorry for the mistakes and inconveniences. I agree, and told the web site designer, that when you register we shouldn’t be asking for gender!!!

Anyway just ask any questions or if you have some ideas of what you would like to see at Ruddy Duck, let me know.

Carlos

Well I can tell you this, if your service has any issues this forum will hear about it. Good luck with the business. Looking forward to enjoying a cold one or two or three...................:howdy:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
See you there Mike!!!
I'll get you a room at the Hilton so you can stay close by.
Carlos

Dear Carlos,

I am the Mike of whom they speak. You could quite possibly become my Deity. If your food is good and your beer is better, I will address you as "My Lord". :notworthy

If the beer is really good, I will own stock in your company. I will frequent your place and spread the word of "My Lord".

Now Carlos, I am not alone. There are others who appreciate a quality microbrew. You will meet "The Raspberry". He has plenty of money so expect huge tips. His taste in vehicle colors and beer isn't bad either. :yay: Please add all of my brews to his tab (unless he and I are there at the same time) then I will buy his nectar.

Southern MD has long needed a quality establishment of this nature as the chains and the dives wear quickly.

I look forward to meeting you and wish you sensational good luck and may your beers become renown!

Yours in hops,

Mike
:notworthy :notworthy

P.S. Please experiment with flavors.

Last edited:
T

toppick08

Dear Carlos,

I am the Mike of whom they speak. You could quite possibly become my Deity. If your food is good and your beer is better, I will address you as "My Lord". :notworthy

If the beer is really good, I will own stock in your company. I will frequent your place and spread the word of "My Lord".

Now Carlos, I am not alone. There are others who appreciate a quality microbrew. You will meet "The Raspberry". He has plenty of money so expect huge tips. His taste in vehicle colors and beer isn't bad either. :yay: Please add all of my brews to his tab (unless he and I are there at the same time) then I will buy his nectar.

Southern MD has long needed a quality establishment of this nature as the chains and the dives wear quickly.

I look forward to meeting you and wish you sensational good luck and may your beers become renown!

Yours in hops,

Mike

:brownnose:

Dear Carlos,

Yours in hops,

Mike

you're buying first round right? :huggy:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
:confused: So, why then, are you toasting him with a beer ??

Because I wasn't home to dig up my wine smilie, I had to scoot out for a bit. I like to beer taste also. I am partial to dark, hoppy brews.

Attachments

• th_wine.gif
    th_wine.gif
    9 KB · Views: 352

carlosruddyduck

Hey Mike,

So you are the one that will spend an extended stay at the Hilton??

I'm looking forward to meeting you and the raspberry!!!

"Oh My Lord" raspberry wheat ale, we should call it.

I've been interviewing some excellent brewers with Gold and Silver medals from the BABF
and a couple of them fell in love with the area... So if they don't make an excellent beer I will.

The food, I know, will be great. I grew up in a mediterrenean environment and I have devoted my life to the science and good eating...

Carlos

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Dear Carlos,

Yours in hops,

Mike

I too shall follow and spread the good news of hops, malt and flavors divine.

Oh this definitely sounds like a massive forum gathering in the making...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Hi everybody!!!

Just wanted you to know that RDB&G is not a chain. It’s 100% local Southern Maryland!!!!
We will try, as much as possible, to use our local produce, meats and sea food.

We are going to make a big effort to improve service and waiting time in this area.

We will also have live entertainment, brewery tours, a beer mug club, beer festivals, special dinners (paring food and beers) and lots more.

In the next couple of weeks our new website will be up and running. You can still go to our current web site and register for a free beer.
Over 600 people have registered already!!!
I’m looking forward to giving a lot of beer away, so we can celebrate our grand opening together!!!

Sorry for the mistakes and inconveniences. I agree, and told the web site designer, that when you register we shouldn’t be asking for gender!!!

Anyway just ask any questions or if you have some ideas of what you would like to see at Ruddy Duck, let me know.

Carlos

:drool::otter::huggy::nomoney: