the Ruddy Duck

carlosruddyduck

I plan on going tonight, hopefully they have the sound baffles up.

Hi,
Unfortunately the baffles are not up yet... The company is saying another two weeks...

Just to let you know we now have our Belgium Triple on Tap, it's delicious!!! 7.9% alc. vol.

We are out of the Dubbel but we have brewed a new batch that should be ready in a couple of weeks.

We are also now fermenting our first Imperial Stout!!! It will be about 9% alc. but it will take a month or so to age it, plus we are also dry hoping it...

Monday we'll be starting our first Lager (Helles) and Tuesday a Martzen for October Fest and next our Barley wine that should be ready for when it gets colder.

I'll let you know when the baffles are up. But don't forget that we also have our private dinning room that it's a lot quieter...

See you soon!!!

Carlos

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hi,
Unfortunately the baffles are not up yet... The company is saying another two weeks...

Just to let you know we now have our Belgium Triple on Tap, it's delicious!!! 7.9% alc. vol.

We are out of the Dubbel but we have brewed a new batch that should be ready in a couple of weeks.

We are also now fermenting our first Imperial Stout!!! It will be about 9% alc. but it will take a month or so to age it, plus we are also dry hoping it...

Monday we'll be starting our first Lager (Helles) and Tuesday a Martzen for October Fest and next our Barley wine that should be ready for when it gets colder.

I'll let you know when the baffles are up. But don't forget that we also have our private dinning room that it's a lot quieter...

See you soon!!!

Carlos

Your on Tap Dopple Bock, is the closest thing I've had yet to a German Alt beer. It was VERY good.

Hannen Alt was always my beer of choice, followed closely by a Werner Hefe Weizen, and of course the only thing in common between a German Hefe and a Hefe here is the name, at least until I see the wheat in the bottom of my glass, and have to swirl the bottle to get the sediment out of the bottom..

Your on Tap Dopple Bock, is the closest thing I've had yet to a German Alt beer. It was VERY good.

Hannen Alt was always my beer of choice, followed closely by a Werner Hefe Weizen, and of course the only thing in common between a German Hefe and a Hefe here is the name, at least until I see the wheat in the bottom of my glass, and have to swirl the bottle to get the sediment out of the bottom..

Mmm... chewy beer.

:twitch:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mmm... chewy beer.

:twitch:

the history of the Hefe..

Monks could drink during their days and weeks long fasts, but were not allowed to eat.. A hefe has about as much grain and nutrition as bread.

Some of the BEST beer in Germany can still be found at Monastaries, and a lot of them come with a can of "malt".. you pour a liter of beer into a stein and add a tablespoon or two of this malt to it so you can 'eat' your beer.

Best tasting beer in the world, and you don't have to go to dinner before or after.

the history of the Hefe..

Monks could drink during their days and weeks long fasts, but were not allowed to eat.. A hefe has about as much grain and nutrition as bread.

Some of the BEST beer in Germany can still be found at Monastaries, and a lot of them come with a can of "malt".. you pour a liter of beer into a stein and add a tablespoon or two of this malt to it so you can 'eat' your beer.

Best tasting beer in the world, and you don't have to go to dinner before or after.

Cool! I sipped on his Belgium Triple last time I went... I loved it. I want some now. :buddies:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Cool! I sipped on his Belgium Triple last time I went... I loved it. I want some now. :buddies:

I did the flight of six when we were there.. They were out of their in house Dopple, but their on tap Dopple was my favorite. Their hefe was still very good... But I think it was a Belgian Whit, not a German Hefe.

Beer choice was VERY good.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hi,

Carlos

Stopped in to fill my growler with this new brew, and you filled it for me, I was the man in the red shirt with very little hair:) Thanks, it was nice to meet you. Frosting a mug right now!!!!!:buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill

Hi everybody!!!

I'm Carlos with Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill.

I saw your postings in this forum and wanted to jump in to say hi.

Yes we are a Brewery but also a Restaurant.

Just wanted you to know that RDB&G is not a chain. It’s 100% local Southern Maryland!!!!
We will try, as much as possible, to use our local produce, meats and sea food.

We will bring to Southern Maryland not only hand Crafted beers and a full service bar, but a unique menu including Gourmet pizzas, pastas, local seafood, and grilled stakes and meats; at a very reasonal price.

For those that prefer wine we will have an extensive list of international wines.

Unfortunately we are not open yet. We are looking at end of August now. The addition of the brewery makes it quite complicated since special permits, tough local regulations and brewing beer itself take time.

We are going to make a big effort to improve service and waiting time in this area.

We will also have live entertainment, brewery tours, a beer mug club, beer festivals, special dinners (paring food and beers) and lots more.

In the next couple of weeks our new website will be up and running. You can still go to our current web site and register for a free beer.
Over 600 people have registered already!!!
I’m looking forward to giving a lot of beer away, so we can celebrate our grand opening together!!!

Sorry for the mistakes and inconveniences. I agree, and told the web site designer, that when you register we shouldn’t be asking for gender!!!

Anyway just ask any questions or if you have some ideas of what you would like to see at Ruddy Duck, let me know.

Cheers:cheers:

Carlos
The Ruddy Duck Brewery and Grille, Solomons Maryland
Happy 10 Year Anniversary!!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1262665077231187/

I need some onion rings! :lol:

John Z

if you will
I signed up for their club or email list or whatever it was called a year before they opened. I still haven't asked for my free pint of beer that supposedly came with this "membership". :-D