The Stanley Cups Playoffs

Kerad

mv_princess said:
Oh they should. Unless of course they fall apart. But they seem to have their stuff together, and seem to really work as a team this year. I am suprised to see the Red Wings make it this far, I would like to see them go all the way too.

The Red Wings? Ugh. The only enjoyment I get out of the Red Wings is when they get bounced from the playoffs. But then again, they're always in the playoffs...so that tells you something. I thought the salary cap would kill that team, but nope...they're still there.

If I were forced to bet big money on it, I'd pick the Finals matchup to be the Sabres-Ducks. I know that's not exactly going out on a limb, but... :shrug:

LordStanley

I know nothing
donbarzini said:
When I woke up to go to work this morning @2:30, I thought they were showing a replay of Vancouver/Dallas. I fell asleep watching that game and it was STILL on when I got up. 4OT's!!!!!

Oh yeah.... Now thats playoff hockey.

Still not good enough to beat the Flyers/Pens 5OT battle. :whistle:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Kerad said:
The Red Wings? Ugh. The only enjoyment I get out of the Red Wings is when they get bounced from the playoffs. But then again, they're always in the playoffs...so that tells you something. I thought the salary cap would kill that team, but nope...they're still there.

If I were forced to bet big money on it, I'd pick the Finals matchup to be the Sabres-Ducks. I know that's not exactly going out on a limb, but... :shrug:
Sounds like a good match up to me.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:

Ok so part of your proficy has come true. I caught parts of it before and after our game today. 3-3 when I saw Crosby's goal. 4-3

Listened to the last few minutes on Sirius on the way home.

Well see what happens sunday

Kerad

LordStanley said:
Ok so part of your proficy has come true. I caught parts of it before and after our game today. 3-3 when I saw Crosby's goal. 4-3

Listened to the last few minutes on Sirius on the way home.

Well see what happens sunday

Yeah, the Penguins got the job done yesterday....huge. They did their best to give the game away in the 2nd, but Fleury would have none of it. The biggest game of his life, by far. The Ottawa fans were too busy sing-songing his name to notice he was the best player on the ice at the time. Also, the PK units have been stellar. :yay:

They have the momentum coming into tonight's game, and the Igloo is going to be an insane asylum. Hopefully they'll play their game for all 3 periods, and take control of this thing.

Kerad

:mad:

oh well... :shrug: Shows what I know. :ohwell:

Looks like we're going to settle in for a good one.
:duel:

Let's Go Pens!

:smile:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
:mad:

oh well... :shrug: Shows what I know. :ohwell:

Looks like we're going to settle in for a good one.
:duel:

Let's Go Pens!

:smile:

I think it will go to 7 games. I'll let you know by game 6 who I think will win the series :lmao:

Peter Forsberg

Hey Cindy Crosby welcome to the NHL playoffs. One bit of advice if you don't like the rough stuff don't stand infront of the other teams net.

Kerad

Peter Forsberg said:
Hey Cindy Crosby welcome to the NHL playoffs. One bit of advice if you don't like the rough stuff don't stand infront of the other teams net.

:rolleyes:

I'm not aware of many players who enjoy crosschecks to the face. But don't worry about Sidney...he seems to be doing just fine.

Kerad

HUGE game tonight. While I'm not in panic mode yet, I sure would feel better if the Penguins would remember to play hockey in the 2nd periods of games. They have yet to play 3 solid periods in any of the games thus far. They better get on it tonight...

FOCUS.

Attachments

• Crosby 2.jpg
    Crosby 2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
HUGE game tonight. While I'm not in panic mode yet, I sure would feel better if the Penguins would remember to play hockey in the 2nd periods of games. They have yet to play 3 solid periods in any of the games thus far. They better get on it tonight...

FOCUS.

Is be in panic mode, being down 3-1.....

Kerad

LordStanley said:
Is be in panic mode, being down 3-1.....

"Concerned" is the word. I'm not one to panic until the elimination game is getting ugly. Thing is, they played their best game of the series last night. It was there on a platter for them...0-5 on the PP. This after going 0-4 the game before.

:banghead:

Meanwhile, Ottawa has been very consistent with their play. They're due for a bad game...Thursday would be a good time for that.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
"Concerned" is the word. I'm not one to panic until the elimination game is getting ugly. Thing is, they played their best game of the series last night. It was there on a platter for them...0-5 on the PP. This after going 0-4 the game before.

:banghead:

Meanwhile, Ottawa has been very consistent with their play. They're due for a bad game...Thursday would be a good time for that.

:whistle:

Flyers saved some tee time for a Sat morning game. Ask Crosby if he wants to attend...

Kerad

LordStanley said:
:whistle:

Flyers saved some tee time for a Sat morning game. Ask Crosby if he wants to attend...

:lmao:

He'll probably need a week just to chill on the couch.

Not much to say, except the Senators played a near perfect series...they never had a bad game. Their PK and defense gets series MVP honors. The Penguins had their chances, and really didn't play all that badly, except for the first game, which I expected. The one thing I wasn't concerned about at all, the PP, was what cost them this series.

It's okay. Sure, I would've preferred them to beat the Sens. but they had a great year....far exceeding the expectations anyone had for them. Their time is coming.

Okay...now....hmmmm. Go....Rangers? Sure, why not? Half their team is made up of ex-Penguins.

Fore!

Kerad

Holy Frak!

Did any of you Puckers just watch the Rangers-Sabres Game 5?!?!?

What a game!!!
0-0 until about 3:30 to go...and then it gets all "hockey".

Tough game. Game 6 Sunday, 2 pm, NBC.

And...Jagr's hurt.

:popcorn:
:cheers:

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
Holy Frak!

Did any of you Puckers just watch the Rangers-Sabres Game 5?!?!?

What a game!!!
0-0 until about 3:30 to go...and then it gets all "hockey".

Tough game. Game 6 Sunday, 2 pm, NBC.

And...Jagr's hurt.

:popcorn:
:cheers:

yup, i was here watching the game..... Thought the rangers had it.

Cant believe the sabers tied it with 7.5 left in the game. :faint:

Wheres MV Princess?? I bet she wasnt even watching the game! Slacker :lmao:

this series is going to be a good one

Kerad

LordStanley said:

Yep. Once Straka scored that goal...it was "game over".

Nope. Not exactly.

Speaking of Straka...notice the "big" goal scorers for the Rangers. Straka, Jagr, Rosival.

Common thread?

All Ex-Penguins.

LET'S Go PEN-GERS!

:killingme

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
LordStanley said:

You are right, sadly I wasn't able to watch the game. But I was listening. I had to go pick someone up from the airport last night. I think they are just trying to give me a heart attack.

donbarzini

mv_princess said:
You are right, sadly I wasn't able to watch the game. But I was listening. I had to go pick someone up from the airport last night. I think they are just trying to give me a heart attack.

Nah, they're just trying to keep other teams' fans interested.