The Storm Is Coming!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like we've just seen the last of it. Headed down river now. Sure as hell is lightning on the tail end of it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Three Code Reds so far. Even the cat who hates me is in my lap now.
Lol! Yes, we had another Code Red about an hour ago. One strike was so close I jumped! It's about over for us, and the thunder and lightning are headed south.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my neighbors has a Weather Underground reporting unit.
They showed we got close to 2" on a prediction of 0.07".

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
68° this am. Windows open, attic fan sucking all that fresh, cool air thru the house.

Rain guage didn't register, so I've got it in the house for a good scrub and new batteries.

Can't walk thru the garden, so must'a got plenty rain.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My rain gauge is a cart to pull behind the lawn tractor. By the looks of it, we got over an inch here in the 7D. The morning air is deliciously cool and dry.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Multiple trees through multiple homes in Golden beach. Several structures collapsed.
A friend and I went to hear friends play at the Southern Trail Distillery last night - we left PF about 5:20 and got to ST just about 5:55. We drove right up Rt. 5 past Golden Beach Rd, etc. and saw all the darkness following us from behind along the river - but we got to ST in time to avoid any storms. (Band played inside!) But storm it did! WOW. The power flickered several times and we thought we would lose it, but it didn't go out.

We left about 8:15pm to go hear another musician friend play over here at Lord Calvert Bowling and as we came up on Golden Beach Road, there was a tree (planted in the median) which had fallen down onto the highway. It was cracked right in half. A police car was stationed there to maintain the traffic flow.

Once we got over to Lord Calvert, we saw that the parking log was completely empty- found out when I got home they had to cancel due to loss of power. I'm sure we didn't lose power at my house in PF, or Thing1 would have notified me as soon as it happened. He did tell me that bad weather was coming, because he gives me updates on the weather whenever I go anyplace anymore. :killingme

TPD

the poor dad
It really wasn't that bad here in middle town Dameron - I sat on the front porch till about 8:30 watching the storms roll thru - about 3 different ones from 7-9:30. Had a wind gust of no more than 30mph. One close lightning strike that scared the piss out of me as I was peeling and slicing peaches! Maybe one light flicker. I had a total of 1.69" of rain at my house and 1.09" of rain at the farm in Scotland. Overall very grateful for the much needed rain on my corn and soybeans and the cooler temps this morning. Got the windows open this morning until my wife complains that she's getting hot. Then I may open more and and turn on the whole house fan...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No damage or loss of power here. Sistard reported that her neighbors dead tree finally came down.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
No damage or loss of power here. Sistard reported that her neighbors dead tree finally came down.
I don't know why she didn't take that down when she had the one next to it taken down. It was far more dead than the one she did take down.

I always worried she'd get hit by a falling branch.

Got about .7" of rain here. 9am and still only 72* !! Not supposed to top out above 82.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't know why she didn't take that down when she had the one next to it taken down. It was far more dead than the one she did take down.

I always worried she'd get hit by a falling branch.

Got about .7" of rain here. 9am and still only 72* !! Not supposed to top out above 82.
I have no answer for that.