The stupid "Black in America" thing.....

craberta

I will be honest, I am racist against non-Americans. I don't care what color my American counterparts are, but non- Americans, I don't trust them and always asume they think they are better than us. They think they are superior to us, and I don't trust them.

cataicky

Maybe it's just that no one likes getting attacked so people are just going on the defense?
That's what I chalk it up to.

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
I will be honest, I am racist against non-Americans. I don't care what color my American counterparts are, but non- Americans, I don't trust them and always asume they think they are better than us. They think they are superior to us, and I don't trust them.

I actually feel like a lot more people feel this way, however I have never heard anyone actually admit it...

Its good to see someone actually being honest.

frozenrain

Can you give any examples.....
Most people from the U.K think that America is the best thing since sliced bread.

Also how does one know if someone is giving you a nasty glare because of your skin colour?. They might just look mean at everyone.My husband is black.When I go shopping I do not know if someone stares in a mean way it is because of that or my children are mixed race.I wonder why people talk to me more when I shop alone than when I am with my husband or children. Maybe it is a racist reason or maybe people are just more open to talking to someone on their own .It may be less intimidating for them.so I do not know.

When I met my husband I did not think about colour.I just thought that he was very much a gentleman.
I have had people shout at me in public when I was pregnant.Two black African men(African accent) shouting how horrible it was for me to be with a black man.
I have been called a 'white 'this and that by a black woman.So I know not one race is guilty of racism alone.
My children are my flesh and blood I do not think of them as white nor black just beautiful children.....
I grew up surrounded by people of all races.I loved it .I loved learning about their cultures and language. Dressing up in traditional clothes eating gorgeous food,Jamaican curries,Indian food lovingly served up.
Maybe one day people will not be able to believe there was racism.That we could judge one another simply because of a biological skin process. Just the way we can not believe Victorian ladies swallowed tape worms to keep thin.Sadly that day might be a long day coming....

T

toppick08

I actually feel like a lot more people feel this way, however I have never heard anyone actually admit it...

Its good to see someone actually being honest.

George Wallace was honest too..........sorry the Kennedy's just milked the Black race for all it was worth.......and kept them in slavery.

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
:killingme.............you're funny.............:huggy:

How are you doing with everything?

Hanging in there, you know, slow motion.....

My brother being killed a few weeks ago, his best friend died at the same time, and then one of my buddies from DC got killed in a motorcycle accident too, man, july 2008 was the worst month of my pathetic little life.... Thank god it's over....

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I commend you on that :buddies: not very many "white" people take these kid of jobs (especially when it involves majority black students). Our students give all the teachers a hard time, regardless of race, LOL. I’ve been called every name but my real name but guess that’s the nature of the job. A lot of these kids don’t trust anyone. Once respect is demanded their attitudes and behavior change (at least in school). You come to realize these kids are the same as any other child but some of them have been through things I couldn’t even image.

I don’t have very many white children in my school but I could only imagine if I did… My gawd would I be in trouble. I do not like whole white / black in especially among kids.

You've got to be kidding! There are several "white" people who take on those "kind" of jobs!

Hanging in there, you know, slow motion.....

My brother being killed a few weeks ago, his best friend died at the same time, and then one of my buddies from DC got killed in a motorcycle accident too, man, july 2008 was the worst month of my life.... Thank god it's over....

:fixed:..............:frown:

Yea, I was talking about you having lost your brother. Wow, July really was a terrible month for you and your family. I don't know what to say other than I'm just so sorry for your loss(es).

ice-man

If your racist against non americans then you are racist to your ancestors. The only true americans are the Native Americans or what dumb a-- columbus called indians.

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
One: I have been black, in America long before CNN ( Clinton News Network ) decided to take an interest in it, and make a national story out of it. I don't need to watch TV to expierience what I have lived everyday for 35 years. I think it's all because of this Obama Bull$hi.., and not because anyone really gives a damn. Much like the people on this thread, and on this post.

When I first started reading the forums here on SOMD, I argued with a lot of you and realized that no matter what I typed, I just wouldn't win. So now, I pretty much have adopted the same attitudes that I have been shown throughout the years, and sit back, do my thing, and to hell with the rest.

If you don't care, why should I?

I started out with, " I walk through the mall with baggy jeans a baseball cap on backwards and a .45 tucked in my pants, with a shirt over it. Next to it in a pocket, I keep a gold shield, cause I have been a cop for over 13 years. The way I am received in the area by white people makes my skin crawl". I wish that you could have seen some of the most pathetic, pi$$ poor excuses that I received for peoples' actions.

People, justifying your horrible actions towards other human beings makes you just as ignorant and stupid as you preceive them to be. I am shocked to learn that most people haven't learned or understood this yet. Alot of people I chat with on here, and some of the posts that I received were from people who realized that that wasn't good, said it was just the way they were raised, and would make an effort ( for themselves ) to work on it. Because they realized that if they didn't start to change themselves, they would never have an impact on the world. For those people, I commend them.
( for the record, I always dressed like that out of uniform. Just the way I felt comfortable )

I severely dislike Barrack Obama. I disagree with every word that comes out of the man's mouth. I am black, and will not vote for him, come november, and neither will my wife. ( so she says, but she has never given me a reason to doubt her ) I may not know everything, but I do know this, when Obama gets elected president, and it will happen, there are going to be alot of white people in southern maryland with their bottom lips poked out, and their shoulders slumped, scratching their heads and saying to themselves, " how did we let a black man become president?" I won't be happy, but I'll be proud. And there are going to be alot of changes made in this country.

To all the racists, bigots and haters out there I say this, your parents failed. Your community failed. They didn't raise a nice, upstanding, ( possible ) christian individual. Instead they raised a monster attempting to judge a person by the color of their skin, and the actions of a select few, rather than improving on their own lives, and improving their own outlook on society.

To everyone else, I applaud you. The world is diverse and different. WE KNOW, there are white people abusing the system, as much as there are black people taking drugs and robbing liquor stores. We know that Washington is full of white people, who have done nothing, and continue to do nothing for our entire country, as much as there are black people filling the inner cities and walking around under the overpasses with their hands out. All nationalities have sterotypes and misnomers associated with them. But we look past them. We understand that if the world is going to get better, we have to start HERE with us, and then move forward.

Hopefully things will get better people. Under Obama, I don't see it. But I have been wrong before. I don't live in SOMD anymore, but it still feels like home to me. I wish you all the best, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the tornadoes decide to jump over that part of the world for the rest of the year. :howdy:

:howdy:I'm somewhat racist, but only cause its fun... If racism sucked, I wouldn't do it.:killingme
I would seriously lack in entertainment otherwise