The swamp sends up a weather balloon about bringing back the military draft

WingsOfGold

Draft SHOULD be brought back, boot should also be toughened like it once was. DI's/CC's should have the authority to kick some ass and use abusive language, weed out the crunts that genuinely cannot hack it.
Not many in the army have an IQ above 50 IMO BUT

PeoplesElbow

Draft SHOULD be brought back, boot should also be toughened like it once was. DI's/CC's should have the authority to kick some ass and use abusive language, weed out the crunts that genuinely cannot hack it.

Always kills me the people that claim they defended the constitution disagree with its principals so much.

black dog

Free America

So you haven't been to MCRD Parris Island lately have you?

WingsOfGold

So you haven't been to MCRD Parris Island lately have you?
Obviously not but jars are also too stupid to know creel and unusual punishment.
I suspect even their requirements aren't what they were before leftist have taken over the asylum.

PeoplesElbow

Actually the country's READINESS trumps your hurt feelings, cowardliness and youthful selfish life. Mine as well.
Sorry to disappoint you but it has nothing to do with any of that. Go yell at a cloud or something.

What exactly screams good idea about having someone that doesn't want to be there handle explosives, pack parachutes, or even prepare food for the military?

WingsOfGold

Sorry to disappoint you but it has nothing to do with any of that. Go yell at a cloud or something.

What exactly screams good idea about having someone that doesn't want to be there handle explosives, pack parachutes, or even prepare food for the military?
Retards are usually weeded out in boot................ WITH consequences. I apologize for your hurt feelings but some things are more important than just you.
No point in me yelling at a cloud but I may take a shiit in the woods instead.

PeoplesElbow

Retards are usually weeded out in boot................ WITH consequences. I apologize for your hurt feelings but some things are more important than just you.
No point in me yelling at a cloud but I may take a shiit in the woods instead.
Not sure why you think I have hurt feelings, I'll be 50 years old soon. I tried to enlist in 92 when I got out of HS to be declared medically unfit and then tried to get commissioned in 97 while in grad school to be rejected for the same reasons.

The draft is simply a poor idea, it also is anti American.

I do have to admit my feelings were pretty hurt the first time, the 2nd time was a crapshoot, the recruiter told me I had a 50/50 shot.

WingsOfGold

Not sure why you think I have hurt feelings, I'll be 50 years old soon. I tried to enlist in 92 when I got out of HS to be declared medically unfit and then tried to get commissioned in 97 while in grad school to be rejected for the same reasons.

The draft is simply a poor idea, it also is anti American.
Fine but having an armed forces is required by the constitution and needs of the country.
The Constitution grants to Congress the power to raise and support armies and a navy, to suppress insurrections, and repel invasion among other military-related governmental roles.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I do have to admit my feelings were pretty hurt the first time, the 2nd time was a crapshoot, the recruiter told me I had a 50/50 shot.
My friend Tom was medically released just 2 days after he was commissioned in 1982.
CO told him, basically, that if there was a shooting war going on, they would have kept him.
Pre-commissioning physical results, weak eyesight in the left eye.
He spent 25 years as a cop in New Jersey, retired as a Lieutenant.

PeoplesElbow

My friend Tom was medically released just 2 days after he was commissioned in 1982.
CO told him, basically, that if there was a shooting war going on, they would have kept him.
Pre-commissioning physical results, weak eyesight in the left eye.
He spent 25 years as a cop in New Jersey, retired as a Lieutenant.
I'm legally blind in one eye, diabetes, and have a 6 inch long scar on my torso from an operation I had when I was a day old- that is what seemed to put them off the most when I explained it.

PeoplesElbow

Fine but having an armed forces is required by the constitution and needs of the country.
The Constitution grants to Congress the power to raise and support armies and a navy, to suppress insurrections, and repel invasion among other military-related governmental roles.
Absolutely, but it doesn't mean they can do it any way they wish. You may not know, but in game of thrones one faction was called the unsullied, kids were taken turned into slaves, castrated and turned into the finest fighting force. Do you think that would be an ok way to do it?

black dog

Free America

So it didn't work for, the American Revolution, the Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam?

WingsOfGold

Absolutely, but it doesn't mean they can do it any way they wish. You may not know, but in game of thrones one faction was called the unsullied, kids were taken turned into slaves, castrated and turned into the finest fighting force. Do you think that would be an ok way to do it?
LOLOL I have no idea what game of thrones is nor do I care. That being said rather watch football even if trash games with trash teams are on until later tonight. Just being careful not to burn my sauce. :rolleyes:

PeoplesElbow

So it didn't work for, the American Revolution, the Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam?
The civil war was the first national draft. Do you really think it worked for Korea and Vietnam?

I've heard many stories from my grandfather about things done by people that didn't want to be there. He told me there were a lot of officers shot in the back of the head. Wars aren't won with those people, not any more at least.

black dog

Free America
The civil war was the first national draft. Do you really think it worked for Korea and Vietnam?

I've heard many stories from my grandfather about things done by people that didn't want to be there. He told me there were a lot of officers shot in the back of the head. Wars aren't won with those people, not any more at least.
Sorry, some States had Drafts during The Revolutionary war, As I recall we didn't have a formal Fed Government until what 1787.
It really matters not State or Fed Government, we have used conscription a lot more than a fully volunteer armed services.