The Tiki bar has been sold

mizzle

In the hizzle
I know this is a common rumor but this time I heard it from a good source. I understand it went for the 3 million they were asking for, it will be ran next year by the same people but eventually a hotel and restaurant will be built on the property and still include the tiki bar in some way. Could be true or the same old rumor.

nomoney

Look at all the rain they got last night!!!!

Attachments

• solomons.jpg
    solomons.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 222

mizzle

In the hizzle
It will be the last opening under the original ownership. Who knows what it will be like when the construction starts.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by mizzle
I know this is a common rumor but this time I heard it from a good source. I understand it went for the 3 million they were asking for, it will be ran next year by the same people but eventually a hotel and restaurant will be built on the property and still include the tiki bar in some way. Could be true or the same old rumor.

Isn't this a good thing though :shrug: This way you can drink to your content :otter: and not have to worry about driving home :shrug: just get a hotel room and maybe a little :really:

:cool:

I was wondering -- where in Solomons is this place? I was thinking about going up there last Saturday -- now don't all pack your bags and flee the island at once... :lol:

Anyways, my question is -- can you pull up on a boat and tie it to a pier -- how far is it by boat from the closest boat ramp:confused:

D

dutch6

Re: Re: The Tiki bar has been sold

Originally posted by dems4me
Anyways, my question is -- can you pull up on a boat and tie it to a pier -- how far is it by boat from the closest boat ramp:confused:
Yes you can. It's maybe a mile. Best boat ramp is under the bridge on the Calvert side.

mizzle

In the hizzle
Once you enter the island, the tiki bar is about 1/8 mile on your right as soon as you make a sharp left hand turn, there is a boat launch directly below the solomons bridge (costs $). There is also the clarks landing launch and the forrest landing launch which would only take you 5 min. to get to the tiki, if you find a good spot you could literally take 20 steps and be at the tiki.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by mizzle
Once you enter the island, the tiki bar is about 1/8 mile on your right as soon as you make a sharp left hand turn, there is a boat launch directly below the solomons bridge (costs $). There is also the clarks landing launch and the forrest landing launch which would only take you 5 min. to get to the tiki, if you find a good spot you could literally take 20 steps and be at the tiki.

What's the size of waves up there? I've got a little runaround boat and would't want to capsize or anything :confused:

J

justhangn

What's the size of waves up there? I've got a little runaround boat and would't want to capsize or anything :confused:

You better take the train down, the waves are 6 foot and 15 knot head winds on a good day. :ohwell:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch

Dunno. :shrug: Maybe nomo could post a picture of them for you.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I talked with the owner last week, so the rumor seems to have a bit of truth to it. Yes, I heard the Tiki was under contract. The story is that it is 3 local guys are investors in the sale, but who really knows? It will be interesting to see what happens. If they go for a new liquor lisc, they have to serve a certain amout of the gross receipts in the form of food. I don't know if they could combine it with the restaurant or not to get to that goal. I think the percentage is 50%, but I'm not sure. John never wanted to sell, so that's interesting too.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
really :confused:

:frown:

It's like a calm lake down here on most days.. I take a SMALL 16.5 ft catalina sail boat out here all the time.. where I can reach the water with my hand while still steering the boat.. See people at Tiki with Dinghies, Rowboats, Jetskis.. and multi million dollar yachts.. so take a trip.. enjoy yourself.. and stop in and say hi.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by itsbob
It's like a calm lake down here on most days.. I take a SMALL 16.5 ft catalina sail boat out here all the time.. where I can reach the water with my hand while still steering the boat.. See people at Tiki with Dinghies, Rowboats, Jetskis.. and multi million dollar yachts.. so take a trip.. enjoy yourself.. and stop in and say hi.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Originally posted by BadGirl
I talked with the owner last week, so the rumor seems to have a bit of truth to it. Yes, I heard the Tiki was under contract. The story is that it is 3 local guys are investors in the sale, but who really knows? It will be interesting to see what happens. If they go for a new liquor lisc, they have to serve a certain amout of the gross receipts in the form of food. I don't know if they could combine it with the restaurant or not to get to that goal. I think the percentage is 50%, but I'm not sure. John never wanted to sell, so that's interesting too.

Just wish I was the realtor on THAT deal.. that would have been one HELL of a commision check!!