The Tiki bar has been sold

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by mizzle
IMO the tiki bar is not a dump, I like it the atmosphere and the people, I personally could care less what shape the bar is in, most people stand outside anyway. The drinks are expensive, but the same as everywhere else (except the Green Door).

Isn't it nice to be able to express your opinion?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by BadGirl
So once again I ask, what changes would you recommend?

I would recommend that at the very least, a sound system be put in so that background music plays. I think it would add a lot more to ambiance of the place, especially on less busy days.

The bathrooms could use some serious remodeling.

Maybe a kitchen so that they can serve basic bar food.

Everything else I'd leave the same... I guess... except maybe just making things nicer/newer.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Originally posted by mAlice
Do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion?
Of course I don't. As a matter of fact, I totally agree with you on this matter. I was really interested in the improvement possibilities for the property. You know.... what kind of direction it could move towards... that kind of thing. Geez - my comments weren't intended to start an argument.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth
I would recommend that at the very least, a sound system be put in so that background music plays. I think it would add a lot more to ambiance of the place, especially on less busy days.
They do have background music. If it is busy, you just can't hear it.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Originally posted by sleuth

The bathrooms could use some serious remodeling.

Maybe a kitchen so that they can serve basic bar food.

Everything else I'd leave the same... I guess... except maybe just making things nicer/newer.
Yeah! That's what I was looking for. Thanks, Sleuth, for actually making some constructive suggestions.

Not as if the new owners would actually incorporate them, but it would be cool if they did make even some basic improvements.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by RoseRed
They do have background music. If it is busy, you just can't hear it.

I can't hear it even when it's NOT busy. :shrug:

Maybe my hearing is going bad with my teef... :bawl: Or maybe they just don't turn it on...

If they have the space for it, I'd say find a place to put a dance floor, even if it's around the side of the building.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It is, but what changes would you like to see? In your opinion.... of course.

I'd start with the bathrooms. :barf: The bar needs to be moved back away from the road, they need fans for the customers as well as the bartenders. I'd have something to munch on besides popcorn.

If it were mine I'd tear the whole thing down and start from scratch.

mizzle

In the hizzle
Originally posted by mAlice
I'd start with the bathrooms. :barf: The bar needs to be moved back away from the road, they need fans for the customers as well as the bartenders. I'd have something to munch on besides popcorn.

If it were mine I'd tear the whole thing down and start from scratch.

OK.... the fans are a good idea.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
a cigar and martini bar would attract people with fatter wallets ...

darn, that would mean no more redneck mardi gras :frown:

mizzle

In the hizzle
Qoute MALICE: You don't mind the dirty, spider infested, toilets running over bathrooms then?

Not in the least......I go to the Green Door every weekend when the Tiki is closed, use the Green Door bathrooms and the next time you go to the tiki youll think it was the taj mahal. Besides Im a guy and usually drunk thier lucky if I use the bathroom.

D

dems4me

Qoute MALICE: You don't mind the dirty, spider infested, toilets running over bathrooms then?

Not in the least......I go to the Green Door every weekend when the Tiki is closed, use the Green Door bathrooms and the next time you go to the tiki youll think it was the taj mahal. Besides Im a guy and usually drunk thier lucky if I use the bathroom.

I'm considering going there one weekend to see why everyone likes this place... does tiki have a name so I can pull it up on mapquest?:confused:

Tequilla Sunset

If I owned the Tiki

It would be bigger. There would be a band there playing steel drums on Friday nights and Buffett impersonators or other acousticy music on Sat. Still quiet enough to talk, but some entertainment. There would be better bathrooms, not cemet and old wood either.. The doors would be bamboo to add ambience. The lighting would be tiki torch looking lights in there. Big fans would be all over, but set on low settings, enough to have just a few cross breezes around. There would be a kitchen area, to make simple appetizers, salads, and sandwiches. Maybe a pit for bbq too. The ceiling would be redone with bamboo, there would me palm trees planted out front. If you bought one of the signature drinks, you would get a free lei.
And all that is just for starters.