The Trails are Ready

fredsaid2

aright...just for you. But I do need my eyes so paleese do not poke them out:love:. What a fun day. Hey we all need to get a ride on the next time it snows, nothing like riding out playing in the snow and then have a big ole feast afterwards. Maybe Percy will have us over?? We rode there in the snow a couple of years ago. It was a breathtaking. I think that was the first time I decided to keep warm while riding by taking a blanket along and putting it over my lap, kept me so warm.

You can also use a quarter sheet and fasten it over your legs rather than under the saddle flaps. Helps keep the horse warm too.

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
This was me Sunday..with the treeless saddle the warmth rose right up to me..

Attachments

• 12920071258.jpg
    12920071258.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 12920071.jpg
    12920071.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 12920071261.jpg
    12920071261.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 63
  • 12920071267.jpg
    12920071267.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 12920071268.jpg
    12920071268.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 72
W

WhoCares

The only thing that hurts on me today is the side of my abs, and my knee which made connection with a tree.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Been there done that....:cussing::lmao: Luckily didn't catch any yesterday cause going fast down some of those spots were tight. Had to lift leg once as a precaution...missed :yahoo:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
As MGH said "thanks for all of you that came to the ride" It was nice to see so many show up with the threat of rain. Thank God for hubby bringing the fire :smoochy: That creamed crab soup was the BOMB. Oh, and BTW if you had the chili then you ate Bucky, my 12yo 8 point buck he got this year.:whistle:

Hey dangerous Dee, you have done a great job with River. That is one nice lookin well behaved 3yo. What a nice Rocky!

How about a ride here on 12/16 Sunday...I will start a thread in the Bin. If you are not in the bin, PM me.

mingiz

Horse Poor
As MGH said "thanks for all of you that came to the ride" It was nice to see so many show up with the threat of rain. Thank God for hubby bringing the fire :smoochy: That creamed crab soup was the BOMB. Oh, and BTW if you had the chili then you ate Bucky, my 12yo 8 point buck he got this year.:whistle:

Hey dangerous Dee, you have done a great job with River. That is one nice lookin well behaved 3yo. What a nice Rocky!

How about a ride here on 12/16 Sunday...I will start a thread in the Bin. If you are not in the bin, PM me.

Is that a NO HUNTING day??

smurfette

Thank you everyone who was at the ride yesterday. 40 riders...the biggest group of True Grit Riders in a long time. And the food was to die for:drool:
We stayed til 6:00pm sitting around the fire and chatting...eating...eating... just a great time. Thanks Mingiz & Paso for hosting the ride, ya'll did a great job! It was nice to meet Elliesmom, Barrelracer, and Clemintine:howdy:.

We had a great time!!! First trail ride in a long time, and first time out on this horse. I was really proud of her... she did great. Thanks to Quartermom for hauling us out. Her horse was a great babysitter!! Can't wait for the next ride. Everybody was nice. Seems like a great group of horse people!!

Finofan

We had a great time!!! First trail ride in a long time, and first time out on this horse. I was really proud of her... she did great. Thanks to Quartermom for hauling us out. Her horse was a great babysitter!! Can't wait for the next ride. Everybody was nice. Seems like a great group of horse people!!

Yeah Sue is nice....wait till you meet the rest of us..:killingme

Finofan

We were the last ones in, so I think some people had already left when we got back. The food was great.

Hell yeah...We were back in 1 hr 55 minutes..had 2 bowls of chili and some cookies before the next batch made it in..:killingme I never see Sue after a ride...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!

Thanks! So is the Palo 3 y/o that's FOR SALE :biggrin: just posted him in the classifieds, tried to pay but it wouldn't let me said it was a "duplicate" ad, guess they'll snag me. :rolleyes:

Giddy rode River bareback too and said his high wither was a coochie slicer :killingme

Paso....Bucky and bumpin, too funny. :lol: :yay:

W

WhoCares

Giddy rode River bareback too and said his high wither was a coochie slicer :killingme

Aww..poor River. He just has some filling out to do.

I wish I had the $$ to buy the palo, because I would love to ride him more. I am just holding off on buying horse #2 until post-grad school.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Thanks! So is the Palo 3 y/o that's FOR SALE :biggrin: just posted him in the classifieds, tried to pay but it wouldn't let me said it was a "duplicate" ad, guess they'll snag me. :rolleyes:

Paso....Bucky and bumpin, too funny. :lol: :yay:

Hey Happy,,
Give me a call at home when you get the chance.:howdy: