The worst

oldman

Lobster Land
16 years old and very naive about girls. Girl I sorta liked asked me to go to a yard party so I borrowed my brothers car for the evening. Got to the party after dark and couples were laying all over the yard on blankets. She took me to the back of the yard where we layed down. I didn't know what to say, what to do, did nothing except look at the stars. Needless to say she never asked me out again but I enjoyed the evening because I got to borrow my brothers car. It took me a few more years to realize I should have done things differently.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
In 2000 I was on the phone line trying to meet men. Telepersonals is what it was called. I was talking to a guy all night, didn't go to sleep and we had planned to meet that Friday or Saturday night. I can't remember who dude said he looked like (celebrity) but he ended up looking like Heavy D and MC Hammer rolled into one.

I lived in Capital Hts at the time and I think he lived in Alexandria. We agreed to meet at Fast Eddies Route 1 in Alexandria. I brought my best friend from JHS/HS my boy in DC and my aunt who is a yr older than I. We got there first went in paid a cover found out it was a rock band instead of just pool, decided it was getting too crowded and none of us was into rock or the band so we got our money back and left.

Told dude that we would try something else somewhere in downtown DC and to follow me since he drove his own vehicle and I had driven everyone (minus aunt) in mine. Once downtown we decided we would go to ESPN zone but parking was hard to find so somehow he went to go park and my boy and gf were telling me to ditch that cat lets go somewhere else.

I found the nerve to ditch him and we all went to IHOP on St Barnabas Rd and stayed there for the rest of the night. That dude was calling my cellphone all night I was ignoring it too. I felt a little bad but truth is he wasn't my type and misrepresented himself.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I like this one. I had just started living and working in D.C. years ago, recently out of school. I went on a date with a guy from the mail room in the building. Before we got to our destination, the cops pulled us over. He was arrested for unpaid parking tickets. I didn't know my way arround nor have transportation, so the cop was nice enough to give me a ride home. We (the cop and I) dated several times after that, but nothing became of it.

:whistle:

That IS a story. Man! :flowers:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I had one date with a girl that I met playing darts at Cadilac Jacks. In the middle of dinner at The Roost she started scratching and said the last guy she boffed gave her crabs. I didn't accept her offer to come in for a drink when I took her home.

I sprayed bug killer in my truck the next day.

Some people.... these days you can't even pay for that kind of honesty. :lmao:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
well, not a first date or blind date - but after several dates, he "forgot" to tell me he was married. what a moron

That happened to me too! Twice!! I had some overseas short tours and a lot of military guys leave their wives back in the states when they get these short/remote tours. Lying SOBs could have gotten both of us in serious trouble. One I dated for months before he broke the news. :burning:

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
Ever seen the movie "Along Came Polly"? My date had one of those moments in my bathroom. First date. She was locked in the bathroom for like 30 minutes trying to recify the problem on her own but the bad news was she had no background in plumbing.

The funny part is I ended up marrying her. We still laugh about that till this day.

SamSpade

I've had a lot of amusing things happen on dates, but in truth, I'm probably the subject of many stories rather than the recipient of bad dates. And some of the "disasters" turned out ok. Like the time a roommate and I went out on a double and started a fire - but didn't open the flue. We filled the house with such hot smoke, the candles on the mantle all melted and we were panicking, grabbing anything liquid to put out the fire - like milk from the refrigerator. The good thing was, my date was crazy about me anyway, and just chalked it up to one of the more memorable moments of our dating life.

And everyone and his brother knows about Christy's pool. What they might NOT know is that that single event actually convinced my wife that anyone that could do that without getting upset over it would probably do just fine with her.

On the other hand - while I had some great times dating on the Internet, there were disasters. Like the girl who had some kind of acromegaly going on - she looked like whatshisface from "Mask". Another who used a 10-15 year old picture, and just - didn't get a clue that I didn't want our lunch date to last until midnight. First time I just outright LIED to get out of a date. Two others - I don't know why they went out with me at all. They were clearly still angry about some OTHER guy, I might as well have not shown up at all - because all they could do was tell me how bad all men were.

R

RadioPatrol

Two others - I don't know why they went out with me at all. They were clearly still angry about some OTHER guy, I might as well have not shown up at all - because all they could do was tell me how bad all men were.

that is always so attractive in a blind date ............ :whistle:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
What is the WORST date you have ever been on. First date or blind date horror story....

:popcorn:

one was the guy whose pic was okay but he showed up with no teeth and about 15 years older from when the pic was taken.. Slurping a beer does not make for good convo :cheers:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
A guy who after several dates asked if he could cook for me. Well, I said yes. Any guy who will cook for me gets my vote. BUT he wanted to cook with vodka, drank half the bottle, passed out on my living room floor and peed his pants. No more dates and no more cooking.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Or...the one who I had ONE date with and seemed okay but when I got home I had emails asking for breakfast or lunch or dinner the next day. I ignored, hoping he was joking. Next day comes, I am busy and by the time I get home I have more email asking if I am okay and are "WE" okay...it was one day there was no WE yet. I sent off a dump email and that was that.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have so many I could write a book. :ohwell:

One of my favorites though is I went on a date with a guy who played for the Orioles. I was living in Calvert at the time and he drove down in his little sports car and meet me at an area restaurant.

There he proceeded to talk about himself in the third person, ordered everything off the menu (2 appetizers, a huge main course, extra sides, and dessert). He ate everything and didn't even share the appetizers with me. Then he stiffed me with the bill, because his wallet was in his car :rolleyes: and he just knew I would appreciate that wonderful opportunity of not only basking in his glorious presence but feeding his freeloading self as well. :rolleyes:

I was so excited that the date was over, I was practically overjoyed. Then in the parking lot on the way to our cars, he truly believed he was following me home to get some. :banghead: Not just No but HECK NO. I had gone to shake his hand and leave and wound up having to extracte myself from the egotistical octopus and run like heck to my car. He almost tried to rape me in the parking lot. Great date.

That's why I don't root for the Orioles. :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Few years ago there was a girl I really liked. I had arranged an entire evening, I was taking her out for her birthday. So we ate at this fancy place I had a horse carriage pick us up for a tour of DC. I didn't even get a kiss or even a thank you.