Thinking about having a...

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Chasey_Lane said:
That's what I keep telling K_Jo, but she insists on carrying her Cootch purse around. :ohwell:

awww I love K-Jo.....I have a few coach purses that an ex gave me....I dont use them and are in perfect shape....she is welcomed to them...once she sees the difference in the two comparing the knock off to the real ones she will never go back....

Nicole_in_somd said:
Noooo don't go the fake bag way....that sucks....people like myself pay for the real thing and to have people walking around with fakes take away from that. The real ones are really not that expensive....if you love the style why not pay for it....

FAKE's are gross....

I feel that fakes dilute the designer brands by allowing people the ability to carry the bag without buying the quality bags, the knock ofs are so apparent and degrading..... Quality and status comes with a price people who buy fakes or worse sell them are nothing but wanna-bes who want the perceived status of the bag without paying the price. Not to mention that you shouldn't buy knock-offs for the simple fact of someone's intellectual property (the design, at least) is at stake.

All you really need is one or two top designer bag and a few pairs or two of top designer shoes. For those who crave the real thing, it is possible to get them at a more reasonable price. Try Neiman Marcus, Saks and Scoop NYC when they are having their sales. Where I work and socialize these things carry weight for many reasons. So it is worth it to me.
Pssst... when I see peeps like you with your "real" purses, I always assume they are fakes so you are wasting your money. :ohwell:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
kwillia said:
Pssst... when I see peeps like you with your "real" purses, I always assume they are fakes so you are wasting your money. :ohwell:

Sweetie it does not matter whay you assume or not... it is the fact that I know the difference.

For people that cannot tell the difference in quality then it would not matter anyways....anyone with fashion sense and not only that it is Is it unethical to purchase faux handbags.

The thing about knock off bags is that anyone who owns a real one will be able to tell immediately that the fake is, well, fake.

The design of the labels usually looks "off," the colors (specifically with the LVs) are inaccurate, the stitching is uneven, and most damningly, the "leather" obviously isn't leather.

So if you're buying a bag specifically for the impressive label it makes no sense to buy the fake.

If you're buying it because you truly adore the style and can't find a similar, less-blatant knockoff anywhere else, well, more power to you.

Again, just buy a good quality as they are less likely to fall apart and you at least have a certain level of trustwothyness if there is any defects.

Last edited:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
kwillia said:
Me too. Not only a waste of money. What are you trying to prove, you can spend your money on useless things.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nicole_in_somd said:
awww I love K-Jo.....I have a few coach purses that an ex gave me....I dont use them and are in perfect shape....she is welcomed to them...once she sees the difference in the two comparing the knock off to the real ones she will never go back....
A purse it just a device to hold crap. It really shouldn't matter if it is real or fake, but whether or not the individual carrying it is happy with it. :smile:

Chasey_Lane said:
A purse it just a device to hold crap. It really shouldn't matter if it is real or fake, but whether or not the individual carrying it is happy with it. :smile:
That is EXACTLY what I told C_Jo when he was upset because K_Jo was making fun of his murse.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
mv_princess said:
Me too. Not only a waste of money. What are you trying to prove, you can spend your money on useless things.
Some people like shoes and purses, others are happy collecting Pampered Chef. Why do guys need 10 fishing reels? It's a personal choice, a want, and it doesn't make someone a bad person.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
Chasey_Lane said:
:yeahthat: Thank you. :huggy:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
mv_princess said:

What is uselss to some may not be to others....then you can flip and say why spend money on a fake??? I think my prior posts says it all.

If it ain't your thing then nothing I can or do will change that...but dont' hate me cause I like to qaulity designer handbags and prefer not to pose with a kncok off...

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Chasey_Lane said:
Some people like shoes and purses, others are happy collecting Pampered Chef. Why do guys need 10 fishing reels? It's a personal choice, a want, and it doesn't make someone a bad person.
This is true. But don't tell someone else they can't buy a fake. Just because you think it's wrong.

You want to buy the fake because you realize its not worth the money for a real one. Then go for it.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nicole_in_somd said:
What is uselss to some may not be to others....then you can flip and say why spend money on a fake??? I think my prior posts says it all.

If it ain't your thing then nothing I can or do will change that...but dont' hate me cause I like to qaulity designer handbags and prefer not to pose with a kncok off...
I bet you would only settle for a big ring too :ohwell:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Chasey_Lane said:

That is fine for someone that is not "into" the bag but it is not just a matter of fashion it is also a matter of ethics...simple as that...if it aint your thing it may be to others.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
mv_princess said:
This is true. But don't tell someone else they can't buy a fake. Just because you think it's wrong.

You want to buy the fake because you realize its not worth the money for a real one. Then go for it.
I didn't tell anyone they couldn't buy a fake purse. :confused:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
mv_princess said:

It is not just me telling someone that it is wrong because of a personal choice. It is a matter facto of certain laws. Which I clearly stated in my other posts.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nicole_in_somd said:
That is fine for someone that is not "into" the bag but it is not just a matter of fashion it is also a matter of ethics...simple as that...if it aint your thing it may be to others.
Ethics? because you want a fake?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nicole_in_somd said:
It is not just me telling someone that it is wrong because of a personal choice. It is a matter facto of certain laws. Which I clearly stated in my other posts.
Please just for me (*because I really don't know*) could you fine me the law that states it's against the law to buy a knock off anything