Thinking back to 1978 or 79....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Being at school from a pickup truck with a shotgun mounted in the back window, while carrying a Case Pocket Knife, Pulling the pack of Marlboros in my shirt pocket out to put the deck of cards we were playing poker with at the cafeteria table, head outside to the designated smoking area.

Vs. Now.

Helicopters, Swat Teams....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Being at school from a pickup truck with a shotgun mounted in the back window, while carrying a Case Pocket Knife, Pulling the pack of Marlboros in my shirt pocket out to put the deck of cards we were playing poker with at the cafeteria table, head outside to the designated smoking area.

Vs. Now.

And when the English teacher drank the worm and passed out at the party! :lol:

Clem72

Vs. Now.

Pocket knife and cigarettes were common at the schools I attended. But I don't remember anyone having guns on premises or in their vehicles. Of course I lived in the city so there wasn't much opportunity to hunt.

Grumpy

Vs. Now.

Having lunch in the senior parking lot and having a few beers from the cooler in my trunk..:)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Bought my first brand new car, Subaru BRAT 4x4 with a fiberglass cap over the bed. Total cost out the door - $5500.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Finishing up lunch quickly so my buddy and I could share a joint and chill before vocational class.

Looking back, maybe that's why it never occurred to us to shoot up the school.

How Old Birthday GIF by Paddington Bear

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Gotta be more to why they do it.

I'd bet on just pure ####ing evil.
My theory is that most school shooters start out as the victim, then when the whole system turns it back on them, including their parents, they either commit suicide or become the perpetrator by seeking revenge.

Personally, I can't even begin to imagine the torment kids have to endure in schools these days. Imagine being a white male child against an entire school system full of loons. Yeah 'F' that

stgislander

PREMO Member
My theory is that most school shooters start out as the victim, then when the whole system turns it back on them, including their parents, they either commit suicide or become the perpetrator by seeking revenge.

Personally, I can't even begin to imagine the torment kids have to endure in schools these days. Imagine being a white male child against an entire school system full of loons. Yeah 'F' that
I think I need to add that to my list of code words.

GregV814

Geeeeeezus...78-79 I was married, had my first house, neighbor tried to kill my cat, sold my 69 Corvette.....

THought Joni Mitchell was a hippie and was too philosophical and junk...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Gotta be more to why they do it.

I'd bet on just pure ####ing evil.
A friend of mine took a sawed off shotgun and blew off the side of the cement trash can holders. Put it back in his locker and walked away. This was right outside the Dean's office. One week suspension. And this was in California! :lmao:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:silverspooner:
:lol: Nah, not at all. Already 6 years out of HS, on my 3rd career, making good money as a recreational attendant/lifeguard. I had just blown up the motor in my POS '64 Grand Cherokee and needed a ride.

PeoplesElbow

Vs. Now.

Damn I thought we were the same age, you're old.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
78 - 79 was my senior year in college.

2 February 78, Anita and I started dating. 11 July 78, we got engaged.
Spring of 78, we first started playing the Traveller SFRPG.

The Summer of 78 we saw Jackson Brown and then George Benson a few weeks later at an outdoor music theater.
Saw the Moody Blues on the Octave tour, Kansas - the Point of Know Return, Kinks -Misfits, BÖC - a concert recorded for Some Enchanted Evening, Black Sabbath - Never Say Die, Outlaws, Playin' to Win...lot of good music those 2 years.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Vs. Now.

Did you ever sit down in "the" circle in the smoking area during 4th lunch in '77-'78? I was a regular...