Thinking of mailing in your ballot? Yeah, rethink that.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Those boxes marked "local mail"? Yeah, they were getting dumped with all outgoing mail when I was still working.
Concur. I was talking with the California attendant, and he said the outside boxes, one local, one for other, are all dumped together because people never separate them right and they have to all be sorted out anyway.

Bare-ya-cuda

I used to work for the USPS many years ago - I know that sometimes, they have a process which makes no damned sense - and you find your letter first going to a large processing center far away, just so it can be sent back to another place, close by. I recall in some regions, large parcels ALL went to the big facilities in that region - even if it was just going across town.

I know I've seen this with Amazon packages - watched my package go from town to town, when if my package took the most sensible direct route, it would be faster.
Difference between Amazon and USPS is that Amazon isn’t operating in the red. That would be a good way to start to get the USPS on track is to look an efficiency. I bet a lot of dead weight could be cut from the postal service.

DaSDGuy

Really? Federal law and COMAR require retention for 22 months. The town of Leonardtown's Charter requires ballots be held for only 6 months.
Town of Leonardtown is not relevant. Leonardtown Elections office is a Maryland state office. State Board of Elections has been given jurisdiction by COMAR that allows exceeding COMAR minimums.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Town of Leonardtown is not relevant. Leonardtown Elections office is a Maryland state office. State Board of Elections has been given jurisdiction by COMAR that allows exceeding COMAR minimums.
If you say so. What is the logic of holding counted ballots that long?

LJ1999

My husband and I both work at printing companies. We do numerous mailings. We need to get mail trays from the Post Office. You would not believe the amount of "forgotten" mail that is left in mail tubs at the Post Office. We would never do a mail in ballot.

SamSpade

Difference between Amazon and USPS is that Amazon isn’t operating in the red. That would be a good way to start to get the USPS on track is to look an efficiency. I bet a lot of dead weight could be cut from the postal service.
I used to ask stuff like this - why do they fare so poorly against other delivery services.

And a lot of it is - because they HAVE TO DELIVER TO EVERYONE. There has to be a post office near people - whereas UPS or FedEx is under no compulsion to have facilities nearby. They basically HAVE TO deliver what you mail. FedEx, UPS - they don't deliver letters or postcards, unless you're dumb enough to pay the extra bucks to put it in the folders they sell. You can send pretty much any letter sized envelope to anywhere for the same price - the cost of a stamp.

Private industry can afford to determine who they deliver to or who doesn't get covered. Government has no such freedom.

SamSpade

My husband and I both work at printing companies. We do numerous mailings. We need to get mail trays from the Post Office. You would not believe the amount of "forgotten" mail that is left in mail tubs at the Post Office. We would never do a mail in ballot.
I've often said, if you trust snail mail so much, would you EVER pay a large bill in CASH - through the mail?

Hijinx

How long did it take snail mail to find out who was washing checks and reusing them.

If you really want to know the problem look at the DEI stats.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I try not to use USPS for anything. If I order something online and they offer carriers other than USPS, I'll pay the price. I recently ordered a driveshaft for a small outboard. I received an empty package the first time. They sent another. The shaft was the wrong one, my fault, so I sent it back. Damned if it didn't find its way out of the packaging just like the first one arrived to me. We each took extra care to wrap the ends with cardboard and foam, but the shaft poked through and was lost. 😠 USPS would only refund the purchase price, but not the cost of shipping. WTF?!

DaSDGuy

Accountability for what? The fed and state say 22 months, why is St. Mary's Board of Elections different by 62 months? By chance, do you hold the storage contract?
No, Elections office holds them themselves. But thanks for thinking like a democrat. Its been fun.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
No, Elections office holds them themselves. But thanks for thinking like a democrat. Its been fun.
That would be you - no facts or proof to what you claim. Nor do you offer any reason why they would maintain the ballots for so long when by law they are only required to be held for 22 months.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The MD BOE website says our ballots have been sent out, but they have not appeared on the USPS Informed Delivery Dashboard yet.

StmarysCity79

Abandoned by the regime?

LOLOL. All the governors have said they have gotten everything they have asked for and been in constant communication with the White House.

How can you believe such stupidity?

And then repost it.

I swear MAGA"S hate this country more than anyone else.

All the do is talk about how awful it is.

Patriots my as*

Last edited:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Abandoned by the regime?

LOLOL. All the governors have said they have gotten everything they have asked for and been in constant communication with the White House.

How can you believe such stupidity?

And then repost it.

I swear MAGA"S hate this country more than anyone else.

All the do is talk about how awful it is.

Patriots my as*
Your pretense rings hollow, Comrade.