Thinning hair

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He posted hot on the heels of the other newbie who posted a scam link about thinning hair. They came from the same IP address, so I presumed they were related and zapped them both.
I didn't see the post with the link. Makes perfect sense now. :yay:

PeoplesElbow

Neutrogena TGel it helped my dad keep his hair during the radiation and chemo treatments. Smells like ass though.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My hair started falling out - like, a lot, way more than normal. The good news is I started with a ton of hair, so losing some wasn't the catastrophe it could have been but I still didn't like it.
I have been having the same issue, and like you, I have a LOT of hair so it's hasn't been an issue. I figured I need to stay on my multi-vitamins more regularly as that seems to help.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Might have been your COVID infection, lots out there about hair loss as a latent symptom

ahhh I had Covid the 2nd time in October so that may be my issue also hmmm.

Kinnakeet

My hair started falling out - like, a lot, way more than normal. The good news is I started with a ton of hair, so losing some wasn't the catastrophe it could have been but I still didn't like it.

The black girls have the solution to this - they face breakage and hair loss because their hair is fragile and the styles they do don't help matters. They said to use a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment specially formulated for black lady hair loss. And guess what? In just a week there's a noticeable difference. Now I shed like normal instead of big handfuls. Not sure about growth, but I'm definitely losing less hair.

Specifically I used this:

And this:

And this (plus the conditioner):

Apparently peppermint is the key. Castor oil was also mentioned as a hair grower - put a bit on your fingertips and massage it into your scalp.

So anyway, there you go for what it's worth. Everything was bought at Walgreen's, no specialty stores or online involved but you have to look in the black lady section of the hair aisle because the overlords don't want us white girls to know about these miracle products.
Did you start break dancing and get the urge to smoke weed all the while having reocuring thoughts of knocking off a 7-11?

wittykitty

im right there with ya. on another but related subject, how many days do women go without washing hair? my stylist says i shouldnt wash everyday. then i saw where u can do a hair detox. if i go more than 2 days, i look like i swam behind the exxon valdeze. besides redken which is expensive, what other dry shampoos are good
I totally get this!
My face and hair is VERY oily, plus it’s very fine and thin. My hair gets very weighed down my less than a days worth of natural oils. I have to wash my hair twice daily, no matter what opinion or recommendation I hear.

Last edited: