Third world grocery stores

Toxick

Splat
It has come to my attention that you all still have empty grocery stores shelves - is that true? Having a hard time finding toilet paper, etc?

In the grocery store I use (Safeway), all the items are stocked, and have been for quite some time. Including toilet paper (even the good brand-name ones) and most cleaning supplies. The only thing I can't get at Safeway is disinfectant counter-wipes. Although, I can get those in either 7-11 or the dollar store right nearby.

Toxick

Splat
Sugar piled up in one cart being pushed while she was pulling the cart piled up with flour.

Ain't gonna run out of cookies this time!!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
That pertickler employee has become a real morale problem. Not one of the people he manages have anything good to say about him. Not one..

And he's always runnin' down his immediate superwiser too.
I learned from my mentor at my previous job that employee happiness is highly overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: TPD

mitzi

Because people are still ****ing hoarding stuff. I was at the Dunkirk Giant last Thursday and ran into one woman who had cleared out the sugar and flour. Sugar piled up in one cart being pushed while she was pulling the cart piled up with flour.

Stocking up for Christmas baking I bet.

mitzi

Name brand TP or John Wayne TP well stocked in Giant? Their is plenty of "Daisy" brand TP at Food Lion. And you can find some Charmin TP at McKays if you are willing to pay $10.99 a 4-pk.

I haven't been able to find Angel Soft since March :(. I tried the generic brand at McKay's, it's terrible. Glad I only got a single roll, it's stashed for an emergency.

mitzi

Yes. Lysol wipes, and ANY TYPE of antibacterial wipes. Most disinfectants. The shelves are bare!

I've found spray bleach, hand soap, etc. at the small, local Pharmacy. It's hit or miss but I always check the shelves when I pick up prescriptions.

I haven't been able to find Angel Soft since March :(. I tried the generic brand at McKay's, it's terrible. Glad I only got a single roll, it's stashed for an emergency.
Leonardtown Food Lion usually has multi pack Angel Soft.

If we have pizza, it is usually my homemade pizza crust with pizza sauce made from our garden tomatoes. I was pissed when I couldn't find yeast!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've found spray bleach, hand soap, etc. at the small, local Pharmacy. It's hit or miss but I always check the shelves when I pick up prescriptions.
Bleach is plentiful, but no Lysol or generic wipes. I finally was able to order some on Amazon after all these months.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Kraft Fat Free 1000 Island salad dressing. Safeway has been out FOR 4 MONTHS!! :cds:

Weis and Giant never (rarely)carried it.

kalmd

There are so many oddball things that have never restocked. One is Uncle Ben's microwave pouch of Coconut Jasmine rice. I used to buy that regularly and have not seen is since March.