This is a real question about toilet paper

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still have some but I would rather have some on hand than to worry about trying to get some later. Plus it seems like one of us daily has tummy troubles lately so that burns through more TP than normal.
I usually have a bit f a stockpile and no one uses the upstairs bathroom, so I took the extra from there. 🤷
I haven't!

I would like an extra roll of P towels, tho. (Just in case!) :lol

I still have 2-3 rolls in the closet.
I am down to my last roll of paper towels so once gone, I have several kitchen hand towels that can be used to clean up messes and washed when needed. I just find it helps my heart to not go near the paper products aisle anymore.
I have a ton of those, too.

black dog

Free America
I was at Aldis north of me on sunday, the shelfs were full. And yes even the paper isle. A few folks wearing latex gloves.... lol...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I usually have a bit f a stockpile and no one uses the upstairs bathroom, so I took the extra from there. 🤷

I still have 2-3 rolls in the closet.

I have a ton of those, too.
I only buy stuff when I ran low so I was caught behind the curve when the hoarding happened. I will buy a few extras of some stuff once things go back to normal and put them downstairs for any "just in case" scenarios that may happen in the future.

SamSpade

Ok - this will sound weird but I always fold TP into a large square (indiscriminate of actual sheet size) but usually has no more than eight, maybe ten squares, if that. I didn't realize until I had kids that a lot of people just bunch it up and hope for the best.

SamSpade

I was at Aldis north of me on sunday, the shelfs were full. And yes even the paper isle. A few folks wearing latex gloves.... lol...

That's because Aldi's - and Harris Teeter - are smart. They restrict how much you can buy at one time.

WHY is it smart? Think of it this way - you can shop at a dozen stores around the area - and chances are, you will buy ALL of your stuff there, if you can. And on your list is TP. Which store will you CERTAINLY go to - the one you know MIGHT have it, or the others you're pretty sure WON'T have it (because it's always sold out)?

It's kind of the "put the milk in the back of the store" idea. You go there for milk - you leave with a few more things. If that store is OUT of milk - you shop somewhere ELSE - and buy a few more things - THERE.

It makes sense to restrict purchase of a commodity that keeps people coming into your store. Aldi's is OFTEN out of lots of stuff, especially produce.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I only buy stuff when I ran low so I was caught behind the curve when the hoarding happened. I will buy a few extras of some stuff once things go back to normal and put them downstairs for any "just in case" scenarios that may happen in the future.
That is one thing that I do NOT want to run out of. I buy the supersize, even when shopping for one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Ok - this will sound weird but I always fold TP into a large square (indiscriminate of actual sheet size) but usually has no more than eight, maybe ten squares, if that. I didn't realize until I had kids that a lot of people just bunch it up and hope for the best.
Seems to me we've had this discussion before some years back.....whether someone was a 'wadder' or a 'folder'.

SamSpade

Seems to me we've had this discussion before some years back.....whether someone was a 'wadder' or a 'folder'.

Either wasn't me or I'm just getting old - which is also likely. I don't remember that.
I didn't know ANYONE else "folded". But it just seems more - sanitary.