This is why I don't like doctors

D

dems4me

MMDad said:
That's what I figured, but that's no fun.

Unfortunately, what you experienced is now normal. Get used to it, it isn't going to get any better.

Thats been my experience in all my appts this year. Some of them I think are happy when you walk out... they don't care, it lightens their load. I think it stinks though. Earlier this year while I was waiting in a lobby for an hour and 15 minuets, a lady that walked in after I did walked up to reception and asked her "excuse me, are you always this busy - is the wait always THIS bad?" Receptionist said it was average and they'd see her as soon as possible. After that lady hit the hour mark she went back up and demanded to know why their office does not think her time is just as valuable as their time. And kept going on about how her time was just as valuable. I thought it was pretty cool of someone to say something like that. Ever since that - I too think... hey... my time is JUST as valuable as your time. :yay:

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
I find the arrogance of doctors and their lack of respect for their patients' time annoying. I realize they overbook because of cancellations, but that's not my problem, nor should it be. I don't set appts with my clients, then keep them cooling their heels for an hour, therefore I don't appreciate it when it's done to me.

Just wait until we have (free!) Universal Health Care! Then everyone and their mother will be in the local HCS (Health Care Services) Building every single day for ailments such as stubbed toes, split-ends, gas, and cancer ... and all the people who couldn't get jobs at the DMV are the administering the appointments, walks-in, prescriptions and the Information Desk.

You'll take a number and sit in the main area with all the other sick pukers until they can be bothered to take care of you, and the phrase "I don't know what to tell you" will replace the hippocratic oath. We'll all be like a bunch of giant sweaty hogs standing at a trough waiting for the slop to come flowing down.

That's sure to be fun for one and all.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
Go to Frank Long in Leonardtown. He is DAYUM GOOD at what he does and he is THE ONLY person that works on you. You are the ONLY person in his waiting room when it's your time slot. He only schedules one person at a time and spends the entire slotted time with them.
Eeeeeewwwwwww. I think I'll skip that doctor, tyvm.

:biggrin:

terbear1225

itsbob said:
Try Dr Gainer on GMR. not the poshest digs for an office, but him and his staff are GREAT! Have never waited for more than 5 or ten minutes for my appointments.. and usually if I arrive early I'm out back early getting the preliminary work done while waiting for Dr Gainer.

:yeahthat:
I figured I didn't have to wait because I generally get appointments really early in the morning but it sounds like they do a pretty good job staying on schedule later in the day too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
my time is JUST as valuable as your time.
In fact, my time is MORE valuable than theirs because I'm paying THEM, not the other way around. When someone's paying me, I'll sit there as long as they need me to. But not when it's me writing the check.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
In fact, my time is MORE valuable than theirs because I'm paying THEM, not the other way around. When someone's paying me, I'll sit there as long as they need me to. But not when it's me writing the check.

Yep! :clap:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
I'm thinking if you had brought the rooster with you and sat it on your lap and stroked its head, they would have had you in and out very quickly, but that's JMHO.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BS Gal said:
I'm thinking if you had brought the rooster with you and sat it on your lap and stroked its head, they would have had you in and out very quickly, but that's JMHO.
Voodoo Rooster :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
terbear1225 said:
:yeahthat:
I figured I didn't have to wait because I generally get appointments really early in the morning but it sounds like they do a pretty good job staying on schedule later in the day too.
I try to do that, or be the first appt when the Dr gets back from lunch..

But they tend to try to make my appointments at those times without being asked, and my appt's never take as long as planned so he ends up a little ahead of schedule from the get go.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
Eeeeeewwwwwww. I think I'll skip that doctor, tyvm.

:biggrin:
You think her dentist is trying to fill the wrong cavity??

"But Dr., why does your dentist chair have stirrups??"

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
The cardiologist I saw last summer had the coolest office - big overstuffed leather couches and chairs.... Should've known it would be the wait from HELL!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
BS Gal said:

When I stroke my rooster while sitting in the waiting room they kick me out.