This is why I don't like doctors

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

terbear1225 said:
come on larry, that was weak. I know you can do better than that :razz:

...humor is a risky, up and down kind of affair. One never knows quite how well one may come off. For instance, had you just left the dentist and were still kinda gassy and had a Wild Tukey in one hand, that might have been funny as hell.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now this, my friends, is how it's supposed to be!

I was getting ready for my 10:30 dentist appt at Dr. Barley's office in Ltown, when the lovely Julie (his scheduler) called me and let me know that they had an emergency walk-in and were running behind. Could I come in later this afternoon or would I like to reschedule? Seems she didn't want me sitting around for an hour cooling my heels.

I'm liking this guy better and better :yay:

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Now this, my friends, is how it's supposed to be!

I was getting ready for my 10:30 dentist appt at Dr. Barley's office in Ltown, when the lovely Julie (his scheduler) called me and let me know that they had an emergency walk-in and were running behind. Could I come in later this afternoon or would I like to reschedule? Seems she didn't want me sitting around for an hour cooling my heels.

I'm liking this guy better and better :yay:
And you don't sit in the office long when you have your appt. You'll like Doc Barley.

SoMDGirl42

I went to the dentist this morning. 8 o'clock appointment. Didn't even finish signing my name when the girl told me to come back. I was in the chair with the numbing stuff on the stick stuck in my mouth within 30 secs. Doc came in and shot me up with novacaine. Had one small filling drilled out and replaced and was back in my truck by 8:30. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
I had a 1:00 appt at Neibauer in Great Mills for an exam before a filling replacement. I get there at 10 til to fill out paperwork (I *was* a first time patient). Sat sat sat and they finally called me into the examination room.

Great looking place, all new and nicely decorated, spanking clean and the receptionists were very friendly. So far so good.

At 1:45, a dental assistant (not the dentist) came in to find out why I was there (even though I'd already told them when I made the appt, and also told the other assistant who took me back). I told her that I wasn't going to have time for the appt today, since I'd already been there for 45 minutes and had to get back to work.

Walked out, will not reschedule.

I find the arrogance of doctors and their lack of respect for their patients' time annoying. I realize they overbook because of cancellations, but that's not my problem, nor should it be. I don't set appts with my clients, then keep them cooling their heels for an hour, therefore I don't appreciate it when it's done to me.

</rant>
I had the opposite experince at that place. I've been there three times now, and I've been in the chair before my actual appointment time each time.

They've been polite and accurate with insurance and billing, which is a great improvement over my last dentist.

I had two crowns done, and the dentist herself called me the next day to make sure everything was okay.

I don't know what happened the day you went in, but I know five other patients of theirs and they've never had problems. I guess sometimes s**t happens, and you were the unfortunate recipient of the s**t.