THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING

SandieGarry

A number of years ago, I was traveling on 228 headed towards Waldorf. I had to stop at Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary to let the buses out. When traffic was allowed to proceed, I was sent a speeding ticket in the mail. It said that I was going over 60. No way, I was at a dead stop. I paid it instead of fighting it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wht
A number of years ago, I was traveling on 228 headed towards Waldorf. I had to stop at Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary to let the buses out. When traffic was allowed to proceed, I was sent a speeding ticket in the mail. It said that I was going over 60. No way, I was at a dead stop. I paid it instead of fighting it.

What were you driving?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

HemiHauler

The funny thing about these speed cameras is that the cops generally dislike them too as it removes the possibility of offering a “professional courtesy” when and off-duty cop is pulled over for speeding.

As always, “the chillren” are just being used as cover.

limblips

PREMO Member
The funny thing about these speed cameras is that the cops generally dislike them too as it removes the possibility of offering a “professional courtesy” when and off-duty cop is pulled over for speeding.

Yep, that is the reason. Just curious, how many cops have you talked to that told you they hate them? Maybe the LEOs on the forum will weigh in to validate your lie.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wonder who write the first comment...

Nope. I'm in Florida this week and not commenting all that much. These comments are what most folks who have read.more than articles like this want to know.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, that is the reason. Just curious, how many cops have you talked to that told you they hate them? Maybe the LEOs on the forum will weigh in to validate your lie.

So, I don't know about hate. I do know there have been cases where officers and other first responders were tagged for violations then refused to pay. Since it doesn't affect them in any negative way, and it means the county will have more money for them, they are probably in favor.

Of course, my take would be that they since "fixed it" so that no emergency vehicle ever ever gets a citation.

Will99

5 years ago we got notice of a civil lawsuit claiming my wife almost hit a pedestrian in a part of Baltimore we've never been.
When we got the papers, license plate was correct but color and model of her car were wrong.
She drives a blue Ford Focus, papers stated a black Ford Expedition, just a slight difference.
Sent the papers with a picture of her car to the AG's office for legal complaints and the bar Association's similar office.
Also a copy of our time cards from work showing her on base and me at Lowe's at the time.
Lawsuit went away, as I understand, lawyer was censured.

Last time we've been to Baltimore was June 2016 for my 1 year follow up with the cancer surgeon.
I call bullshit. An attorney is not going to be censured based on the information you’ve provided. Cool story bro.
About as simple as don't enforce the law for profit, yet here we are.
I could be wrong, but aren’t you one of the people often complaining about traffic enfor

Will99

I always hear about police and professional courtesy, but isn’t it true cops often give those who aren’t cops a warning? What type of courtesy is that?

Will99

Yep. My complaint is that 9am Sunday radar or laser work isn't really enhancing safety. You want to reduce crashes, get serious about going after cell phone drivers.
During the times you are talking is one of the highest call volumes. With the number of police officers on the street, what would be your solution to have a higher traffic enforcement during these peaks call hours? What do you believe the solution should be?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'd be happy if there was an increased presence of police on the road, either unmarked or marked. Make people start looking over their shoulder.