Those lovable pits.....

TCROW

I loathe bully breeds and don't want them around me, and I certainly don't want them near Apollo. Many of the RV parks we stay at have breed restrictions - they don't want the liability of some shithead dog attacking the campers.

Dummies can say "Oh, it's not the dog, it's owner" but that doesn't help when you or your child or your dog are being attacked and maimed/killed.

As per the usual, more argument based on emotion.

THE CHILDREEEEEN!!!!! NOOOOO!

black dog

Free America
As per the usual, more argument based on emotion.

THE CHILDREEEEEN!!!!! NOOOOO!

Who the **** do you think your kidding, only yourself.
If all bully breeds were eradicated, human deaths by dogs would be almost non-existent..

2017 analysis.
  • 39 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2017. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 74% (29) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population.3
  • During the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Two dog breeds, pit bulls (284) and rottweilers (45), contributed to 76% (329) of these deaths. 35 different dog breeds contributed to the remaining fatal dog maulings.
  • In 2017, the combination of pit bulls (29), their close cousins, American bulldogs (1) and mastiff-type guard dogs and war dogs (2) contributed to 82% (32) of all dog bite-related fatalities. Rottweilers inflicted 1 death, killing an 18-month old Phoenix boy.
  • German shepherds had the second highest death rate in 2017, inflicting 4 deaths, followed by mixed-breeds with 3 deaths and two breeds with 2 deaths, Labrador retrievers and mastiff-types, and 2 deaths involving unknown/unreleased breed data.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Who the **** do you think your kidding, only yourself.
If all bully breeds were eradicated, human deaths by dogs would be almost non-existent..

2017 analysis.
  • 39 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2017. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 74% (29) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population.3
  • During the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Two dog breeds, pit bulls (284) and rottweilers (45), contributed to 76% (329) of these deaths. 35 different dog breeds contributed to the remaining fatal dog maulings.
  • In 2017, the combination of pit bulls (29), their close cousins, American bulldogs (1) and mastiff-type guard dogs and war dogs (2) contributed to 82% (32) of all dog bite-related fatalities. Rottweilers inflicted 1 death, killing an 18-month old Phoenix boy.
  • German shepherds had the second highest death rate in 2017, inflicting 4 deaths, followed by mixed-breeds with 3 deaths and two breeds with 2 deaths, Labrador retrievers and mastiff-types, and 2 deaths involving unknown/unreleased breed data.
View attachment 136481
I'll stick with my GSDs.

PeoplesElbow

Dummies can say "Oh, it's not the dog, it's owner" but that doesn't help when you or your child or your dog are being attacked and maimed/killed.
Unless it is the owner doing the biting, its the dog.

The question is do these douche bags only own pits?

SamSpade

On principle, I'm not in favor of the argument expressed by this thread.
But I really can't argue with logic or data. It's not the owner, it is the breed.
There are species and breeds of animals all over that are far more likely to attack, and others that are generally docile.
A wild boar or a rhino will attack you as easily as look at you.

No one gets a Great Dane or Newfoundland or Saint Bernard to be a guard dog. They're big dogs, and probably can
be trained to fight, but they are gentle by nature. People have aggressive dogs because they know what they can do.
If it was just the owner and training and not the dog, where are all the cocker spaniel and poodle attacks?

Chris0nllyn

:lol: Some tough talkers in here.

The same group of people that laugh at the Brady Center's stats on gun violence use their equivalent for dog bite stats as their argument.

I don't think I've ever blocked anyone after just one post. Oh, well. First time for everything.
:lol: I did that last week. A new user, first post, all about cocaine. I put him on iggy imediately. By the time I refreshed the page, the post had already been deleted, I assume by one of the admins.

Chris0nllyn

If it was just the owner and training and not the dog, where are all the cocker spaniel and poodle attacks?

Why would a news station/site post a story about any other dog when putting "pit bull" in the name brings everyone clicking away and commenting on the site?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol: I did that last week. A new user, first post, all about cocaine. I put him on iggy imediately. By the time I refreshed the page, the post had already been deleted, I assume by one of the admins.
Who/what was this?

ginwoman

Suppose you can't find the owner? I had 2 pit bulls come up at night and attack my shepard mix laying on my deck. It was a helpless feeling seeing them trying to get your dog down. He was huge and fighting them. One was attacking and the other one was stalking in circles. It was a miracle 2 of them couldn't pull him down. The other miracle was somehow when I kept screaming his name and he managed to break loose enough to get to the door and I could grab his head and drag him in, terrified they were going to come after me. One hand grabbing my dog and the other hand holding an axe. I never saw them before and I never saw them again. My poor dog was so tore up and it took him weeks to heal. He wouldn't even go out to do his business unless I was with him. I guess they were the minority of the breed but I'll NEVER trust one around again.
That is so horrible! I cannot imagine!