Thoughts On Recently-Read Books

Bonehead

For everyone....

On a separate note, how do "you" get your books and what do "you" do with them once finished?

Library or buy? If buy, hardback or paperback or digital ? (I like to buy, but my appetite exceeds my wallet. But if I'm not sure I try the library route first.... I prefer physical, but also have a substantial digital library.)

Once read, keep, sell, or donate? (For me, it depends. But I probably need to get rid of far more than I think I should.)

Does anyone mark up a book or dog-ear the pages? (I do the former (mostly non-fiction, though); I loathe the latter!)

--- End of line (MCP)
I use a Kindle and both the library and Amazon. I haven't been to the physical library in years.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hot Tip: Ollies in St. Marys' Square has some screaming good deals on books, with a lot of them non-fiction/history, which is my favorite. I've bought some excellent, although sometimes obscure, titles there. I stop in every three or four months to see what they've gotten in.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
For everyone....

On a separate note, how do "you" get your books and what do "you" do with them once finished?

Library or buy? If buy, hardback or paperback or digital ? (I like to buy, but my appetite exceeds my wallet. But if I'm not sure I try the library route first.... I prefer physical, but also have a substantial digital library.)

Once read, keep, sell, or donate? (For me, it depends. But I probably need to get rid of far more than I think I should.)

Does anyone mark up a book or dog-ear the pages? (I do the former (mostly non-fiction, though); I loathe the latter!)

--- End of line (MCP)
I typically read a lot of beach-read easy going novels so it's cheaper if I go the library route. There's a few authors I specifically follow and I only purchase those if it's part of a particular series I enjoy. I do have a kindle, although I only use it for travel it seems, as when I travel I read more and it takes up less space. I love it but I really prefer the feeling of the book in my hands.

Whenever I purge my books they get donated. I try to keep my favorites, and admittedly...any books that look really pretty on the shelf :blushing:

I absolutely dog-ear the pages, even the library ones and I'm so sorry :notworthy it's just a habit I cannot seem to drop.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I hope this will be a thread with a high level of literary quality. As such, please note the following:

Thanks, all, in advance.

--- End of line (MCP)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is there a thread already for thoughts on books? Didn't see one so here's one.
Forum:

Thread:

I am reading Mike Rowe's :hot: latest book "The Way I Heard It" I ordered months ago and have only managed to squeeze in reading time for a couple of chapters. :lol: Up after that is his mother Peggy Rowe's book "About Your Mother" and am going to order her new book "About Your Father and Other Celebrities I Have Known: Ruminations and Revelations from a Desperate Mother to Her Dirty Son" when it comes out in April. :yay:

Yooper

Forum:

Thread:
How did I miss those...? Must be the meds. Or the alcohol. Or the depression I'm feeling due to the stock market being at historic lows.... Nope, it's the meds.... And the alcohol.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

I am reading Mike Rowe's :hot: latest book "The Way I Heard It" I ordered months ago and have only managed to squeeze in reading time for a couple of chapters. :lol: Up after that is his mother Peggy Rowe's book "About Your Mother" and am going to order her new book "About Your Father and Other Celebrities I Have Known: Ruminations and Revelations from a Desperate Mother to Her Dirty Son" when it comes out in April. :yay:
Cool. Didn't know about the books. I'm getting started listening to his same-titled podcast. Thanks for the recommendations.

--- End of line (MCP)