Three Days of Rain - Seabreeze Tiki Bar - Sat. July 31

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh yeah - I only need a headcount for dinner so I can reserve a table inside.

The band is outside on the TIKI DECK...no reserved seating. There are some picnic tables and there are seats built into the deck all around the tiki stage/band area and the Tiki bar area

Bann

PREMO Member
What a nice evening. Thanks @Bann for pulling it together.
Yes, thanks Bann. Glad we didn't get thrown out for dancing on the tables :lmao:
Right?!! :bann:

Except with TDR, dancing on the tables is just about a requirement! :jet:

I really wasn't planning on staying ALL night, but after you guys left, I was hanging out with the other friends who came out, ran into a couple of school friends I hadn't seen in years, met a couple of new people. I ended up staying until TDR stopped playing - and I'm gonna pay for it today! :yawn:

Lots of fun, though, and I love dancing, so...

Next TDR gig is August 14th at Mamma Lucia's in CB (again) I'll be going to that, too, since it's in my neighborhood and they are a guaranteed good time. (y)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Right?!! :bann:

Except with TDR, dancing on the tables is just about a requirement! :jet:

I really wasn't planning on staying ALL night, but after you guys left, I was hanging out with the other friends who came out, ran into a couple of school friends I hadn't seen in years, met a couple of new people. I ended up staying until TDR stopped playing - and I'm gonna pay for it today! :yawn:

Lots of fun, though, and I love dancing, so...

Next TDR gig is August 14th at Mamma Lucia's in CB (again) I'll be going to that, too, since it's in my neighborhood and they are a guaranteed good time. (y)
I'm glad y'all had a good time. My boy ended up down there helping a buddy celebrate his bday. My boy is a younger version of me, but with tats. I'm sorry I didn't come out, but property taxes have me living miserly. :nomoney:

Bann

PREMO Member
I di
I'm glad y'all had a good time. My boy ended up down there helping a buddy celebrate his bday. My boy is a younger version of me, but with tats. I'm sorry I didn't come out, but property taxes have me living miserly. :nomoney:
I didn't see anyone who looked like ya! :lol: Maybe next time! Dinner was okay - food was good -but it seems like every restaurant is slammed these days! NextJen and I walked in 5 mins before our reservation for 6pm. We barely made it out in time for the band to start at 8!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I di
I didn't see anyone who looked like ya! :lol: Maybe next time! Dinner was okay - food was good -but it seems like every restaurant is slammed these days! NextJen and I walked in 5 mins before our reservation for 6pm. We barely made it out in time for the band to start at 8!

My husband had read the menu beforehand and mentioned that since he knows I don't like seafood, that perhaps I would like a steak or hamburger. Most people will tell you not to order a steak at a seafood joint. So I had my mind set on a juicy hamburger. They didn't have any burgers (and that was also Bann's first choice) so I got buffalo wings. They were good enough but I still have a hankering for a hamburger.
Heading to NY tomorrow and up there, they call hamburgers "ground rounds" and I will be sure to get at least one big juicy one (they put most places to shame) and also some GREAT buffalo wings.
The place was busy and I was happy to see so many people supporting (what I assume) is a locally owned business.

Bann

PREMO Member
My husband had read the menu beforehand and mentioned that since he knows I don't like seafood, that perhaps I would like a steak or hamburger. Most people will tell you not to order a steak at a seafood joint. So I had my mind set on a juicy hamburger. They didn't have any burgers (and that was also Bann's first choice) so I got buffalo wings. They were good enough but I still have a hankering for a hamburger.
Heading to NY tomorrow and up there, they call hamburgers "ground rounds" and I will be sure to get at least one big juicy one (they put most places to shame) and also some GREAT buffalo wings.
The place was busy and I was happy to see so many people supporting (what I assume) is a locally owned business.
:yay: :yay:
Most definitely! My steak & cheese 2nd choice was good -but I had to scarf it as it was the last to arrive. (home made coleslaw is awesome there and who can go wrong with tater tots?!) Good thing I was starving! I tipped our gal a bunch since she was working on overdrive and impressed me by never writing 1 thing down and memorized 5 people's orders like that! :lmao:

mitzi

It's been in the same family for years. It's the neighborhood "go to" also. I used to go all the time when I lived in Sandgates. I could always get a ride home :otter:.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That description was a bit misleading to say the least. He looks like I did at his age, then I matured into a Chuck Norris stunt double (for long shots), and settled into a Burl Ives wanna be with longer hair. Sorry to hear that the service wasn't the best.

My husband had read the menu beforehand and mentioned that since he knows I don't like seafood, that perhaps I would like a steak or hamburger.
I'm sorry I missed out. It's always interesting meeting someone who can't talk about their work.:biggrin: You usually meet some very normal and genuinely good people.

It's been in the same family for years. It's the neighborhood "go to" also. I used to go all the time when I lived in Sandgates. I could always get a ride home :otter:.
I used to need a designated driver, now I've become one. It sure makes it easier to get up the next day when you drink bottled water. Sandgates has always been a great neighborhood bar. I always went for the seafood and cold beer. Not necessarily in that order. :lol:

They have cream of crab and Maryland crab soup. I did a bowl of half n half and it was rather good.
You can't go wrong! :lmao: :yay:

mitzi

I used to need a designated driver, now I've become one. It sure makes it easier to get up the next day when you drink bottled water. Sandgates has always been a great neighborhood bar. I always went for the seafood and cold beer. Not necessarily in that order. :lol:

Yes, both of them. The marina was good place too but never seemed to be able to stay open. Seemed only the locals went there because nobody else knew it was there.

Bann

PREMO Member
Dang - we used to live down in Sandgates when my parents first moved us here in 1974!

I realized last night talking to a couple of people that, cumulatively, I've lived in St. Mary's County (well, southern MD) longer than any other place in my life. I've been to the Seabreeze a lot since I've been back in the area (2005) It's my old stomping grounds and I ran into a lot of folks the last two times I've been there. Before, I never had the opportunity to do that, due to the company I was keeping. :lmao:

Bann

PREMO Member
That description was a bit misleading to say the least. He looks like I did at his age, then I matured into a Chuck Norris stunt double (for long shots), and settled into a Burl Ives wanna be with longer hair. Sorry to hear that the service wasn't the best.

I'm sorry I missed out. It's always interesting meeting someone who can't talk about their work.:biggrin: You usually meet some very normal and genuinely good people.

You can't go wrong! :lmao::yay:
OH, the service was fine - they were just really swamped!

mitzi

Dang - we used to live down in Sandgates when my parents first moved us here in 1974!

I realized last night talking to a couple of people that, cumulatively, I've lived in St. Mary's County (well, southern MD) longer than any other place in my life. I've been to the Seabreeze a lot since I've been back in the area (2005) It's my old stomping grounds and I ran into a lot of folks the last two times I've been there. Before, I never had the opportunity to do that, due to the company I was keeping. :lmao:

I always had a good time there.