Three Notch Road in the area of the Lone Star Restaurant

PrepH4U

Hurricanedan said:
You are not understand what i am trying to stay, if you touch a patient thats injured, you can injury the person more in the accident. you should not do that. Also if you dont have Fire/EMS training from Fire/EMS stations. you should not do that. I was on the scene of a call. and a person that was helping me while i was holding the person neck, because he had a neck injury, and the person that got there before he was holding the neck sideway, which messed up the person neck more and paralized him because of that. I got the person out of the way, and assisted till Fire/EMS got there.
So you would professionally recommend that after by-standers notice fuel leaking to just stand by and watch an accident victim possibly burn, so they don't cause any more injuries? :shrug:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were eating a Ledo's when it happened. We left Ledo's and went northbound just around the time that the first helicopter was arriving. They had not quite shut down the northbound lane yet for the helicopters. Looked pretty bad, but we could not see a whole lot.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
They took the baby out with the car seat...and then I saw a parametic later on carrying that baby wide out in the open and cold with her hands/face exposed. I guess the cold was the least of the babys worries but Mingiz and I were yelling cover that baby up..

the green van got the lest of it there was a white car that not look too bad..the van was turned over and the little car with the baby got the worst of it..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
PrepH4U said:
So you would professionally recommend that after by-standers notice fuel leaking to just stand by and watch an accident victim possibly burn, so they don't cause any more injuries? :shrug:

:yeahthat: That' what occured to me too. :yay:

If I saw that situation, my thoughts would be to get that kid to safety.

Hurricanedan

PrepH4U said:

Just to let you know, the gas was leaking from another vehicle, not the vehicle the child was in. And if you are trying to help a person in a MVA (which you should not) especially if there is visible blood on the person. you can get disease. Thats y fire/EMS personal have gloves on and gear on to pretect them from that.

You all never should do that unless you have training like me. I have had more than 10 years of Fire/EMS/Weather/Dispatch training. Also i just recieved the email of everything that happened at that accident, its 4 pages long

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
kwillia said:
Isn't that a 30 mph zone? Somebody had to have been flying to cause that mess, wouldn't you think...:eyebrow:

I don't think anyone does thirty on that road. I have found myself rolling in traffice with everyone doing 50 all the way to the gate 2 lite. Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Let me tell you the bystanders that got that baby out were paniced..there was ALOT of them like 10-12 standing (jumping and scrambling) around all over the car..the 4 or 5 it took to pull that door open were fighting with all their life..it was what they thought was best to de..they took the baby out WITH the seat..

Hurricanedan

Pasofever said:
Let me tell you the bystanders that got that baby out were paniced..there was ALOT of them like 10-12 standing (jumping and scrambling) around all over the car..the 4 or 5 it took to pull that door open were fighting with all their life..it was what they thought was best to de..they took the baby out WITH the seat..

They were fighting to get the door open huh. Well they should have waited for fire to do that. Which they could get hurt in doinng that, and making the Chief job a bit hard. having to request more Ambulances.

If you dont have training you should not do anything like that.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
This is the car the baby was in...passiger side back seat

untitled2good.jpg

If that were me, i would have more appreciative for someone getting my child to safety. Do you have any kids Dan? If you do, you need to think about what you would have wanted someone to do for your child. I would not be able to sit and watch my child possibly suffer more, if someone get the child out, even better..and if it was in the carseat, then that baby is fine.

M

Mousebaby

Hurricanedan said:
Just to let you know, the gas was leaking from another vehicle, not the vehicle the child was in. And if you are trying to help a person in a MVA (which you should not) especially if there is visible blood on the person. you can get disease. Thats y fire/EMS personal have gloves on and gear on to pretect them from that.

You all never should do that unless you have training like me. I have had more than 10 years of Fire/EMS/Weather/Dispatch training. Also i just recieved the email of everything that happened at that accident, its 4 pages long

We understand what your saying but in a situation like that your adrenaline is pumping and all you can think about is helping. They took the baby out in the seat they did use their heads for the most part. But if it was my child and I was in that accident I would be glad that someone removed my baby from that mess and got it away from the danger! You cannot sit there and judge people for being would be hero's. They did what they thought was right. And disease or not, if I see something that horrific I will help the injured if I can! People who care about other people don't care if they are putting themselves in danger. It's what is right to do, help one another! :wench:

SMC Dispatch

Everybody, to what Hurricanedan is saying about all that. He is correct. Authority of our Protcol you can get hurt in doing that stuff trying to help when you dont have protective gear on. Please dont do that. Unless you have the training.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hurricanedan said:
Those bystanders should have not moved that child out of the seat, they should have waited for the Fire/EMS to get there, they coul dhave injured that child more. Also there was gas leaking from the car, that gas could of exploded and injured those bystanders which could have made more people injured to take to the hospital.

The way this was posted, seemed to indicate the gas was coming from the car the baby was in.

Getting that baby away from gas fumes, and a possible, fire was my concern.

You understand where I'm coming from?

Hurricanedan said:
They were fighting to get the door open huh. Well they should have waited for fire to do that. Which they could get hurt in doinng that, and making the Chief job a bit hard. having to request more Ambulances.

If you dont have training you should not do anything like that.

I don't see how anyone could just stand helpless and just standing there watching without trying to help...we are all only human and it's called natural instincts.

PrepH4U

Hurricanedan said:

hmmm try another accident scene not this one -
Ok lets try this again, IF a baby or adult accident victim was in a car with the fuel leaking you are saying that unless the bystanders have ems training to just watch them burn? And under no circumstances should anyone touch them if there is blood?
Oh and please tell me why Maryland had the good samaritan law then? Was this to protect bystanders standing around doing nothing?

PrepH4U said:
Ok lets try this again, IF a baby or adult accident victim was in a car with the fuel leaking you are saying that unless the bystanders have ems training to just watch them burn? And under no circumstances should anyone touch them if there is blood?
Oh and please tell me why Maryland had the good samaritan law then? Was this to protect bystanders standing around doing nothing?

Exactly!!! :yay:

SMC Dispatch

PrepH4U said:

Everything Hurricanedan is saying is correct authority of our Protcol, and the good samartin law is correct to what you say. But its dangerous to do that. If you dont know what you are doing correct.

Azzy

Do you guys expect Hurricane Dan and SMC to tell you its ok to help people? They won't because IF they do, and someone takes their advice and blames them, it could be a lawsuit. I'm sure they aren't ALLOWED to just tell you guys it's ok. I think its wonderful that someone helped the baby and I'm sure I woulda done the same thing. Be proud of yourselves and don't worry that what you did was wrong. Anyone woulda done the same :huggy:

SMC Dispatch said:
Everything Hurricanedan is saying is correct authority of our Protcol, and the good samartin law is correct to what you say. But its dangerous to do that. If you dont know what you are doing correct.

I'm sure we all understand what you are saying to us, however, as i have said before, we are human, it's called natural instincts, unless you don't have a heart, I don't see how anyone could have just stood there watching all of this until help arrived.