Three-way trade adds more insurance for the Skins

C

chess

Oz said:
Me thinks Portis is hurt a lot worse than anyone is letting on... :confused:

I think if he was you wouldnt see him out there in shorts and shirts running drills basically.... But thats coming from just my gut..

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
chess said:
I think if he was you wouldnt see him out there in shorts and shirts running drills basically.... But thats coming from just my gut..

I think the shoulder will be a problem all year. They have him in shorts and a sling - so the Vikings won't know if they will see him on opening day or not. Right now, I would guess not!

C

chess

Oz said:
I think the shoulder will be a problem all year. They have him in shorts and a sling - so the Vikings won't know if they will see him on opening day or not. Right now, I would guess not!

He wasnt wearing a sling yesterday or Monday..> Thats has been taken off.. Its known he will have pain through the year, but heck a couple cortizone shots and the money he makes will put him on the field ;) Portis has a heart, and will do whatever it takes to get on the field

BuddyLee

Football addict
BuddyLee said:
What was the stat? More touchdowns in the past three years than the whole Redskins offense combined in the last three years.
My bad. He's scored 27 in the past three years himself. The Skins as a team have scored 29 in the past three years.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Portis had shoulder problems last year. These problems were most noticeable in the Tampa and Seattle games. If you have a big, durable, RB spelling CP then I think we will go farther in the post season.

This thread is turning into something seen @ extremeskins.com. :lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Skins go 10-6 and NFCE champs. Colts in week 7 may be a gough game but that's why they play the game. We also need to stay up for Carolina and Jax. The question mark here is how well the offense picks up the new playbook. Hopefully with a platoon of RBs we can compensate if need be. I'd definitely LOVE to see us beat Dallas both times this season 4-0 baby!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
kom526 said:
Skins go 10-6 and NFCE champs. Colts in week 7 may be a gough game but that's why they play the game. We also need to stay up for Carolina and Jax. The question mark here is how well the offense picks up the new playbook. Hopefully with a platoon of RBs we can compensate if need be. I'd definitely LOVE to see us beat Dallas both times this season 4-0 baby!!
The Carolina and Jax games will be one's to watch. I'll be at the Jacksonville game and the Eagles game in December.:yahoo:

I think, in this division this year you could very well get a 10-6 record and still not win the division.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Lets break this down...

<TABLE id=tableborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR id=row1><TD>9/11</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Vikings</TD><TD>7pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>ESPN Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>9/17</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Cowboys</TD><TD>8:15pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>NBC Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>9/24</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Texans</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>10/1</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Jaguars</TD><TD>4:15pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>CBS Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>10/8</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Giants</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Loss</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>10/15</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Titans</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>CBS Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>10/22</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Colts</TD><TD>4:15pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>11/5</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Cowboys</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>11/12</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Eagles</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>11/19</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Buccaneers</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>11/26</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Panthers</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Too close to call</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>12/3</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Falcons</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>12/10</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Eagles</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>12/17</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Saints</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row1><TD>12/24</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">@ Rams</TD><TD>1pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>FOX Win</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=row2><TD>12/30</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Giants</TD><TD>8pm ET </TD><TD align=middle>NFL Network Win</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have 9 wins for sure. We split with the Giants but sweep the Eagles. Dallas is too close to call for me. All in all, there are about 6 'too close to call' games this season that will be worthy of every second of my attention.

Last edited:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
BuddyLee said:
I have 9 wins for sure. We split with the Giants but sweep the Eagles. Dallas is too close to call for me. All in all, there are about 6 'too close to call' games this season that will be worthy of every second of my attention.

As much as Larry hates to admit it, your list completely depends on how long Mark Brunell is driving the bus.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oz said:
As much as Larry hates to admit it, your list completely depends on how long Mark Brunell is driving the bus.
That's true, although I think one of our back-ups can 'bring it' for at least a game or more if need be.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm with you there...

Oz said:
Me thinks Portis is hurt a lot worse than anyone is letting on... :confused:

...seems to me, one year Riggo had a shoulder problem early on and it bothered him all year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

Oz said:

...I don't hate to admit it; if Mark stays healthy all year, we'll be in good shape, maybe even great. It's just highly unlikely.

To say that we'll suddenly not be able to win games with a healthy Collins or Campbell when we won like we did with a crippled Brunell at the end of last year is, to me, wrong.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
...I don't hate to admit it; if Mark stays healthy all year, we'll be in good shape, maybe even great. It's just highly unlikely.

To say that we'll suddenly not be able to win games with a healthy Collins or Campbell when we won like we did with a crippled Brunell at the end of last year is, to me, wrong.

I'll give you that! Chances sure are better with Collins and Campbell as backups! Although I'm not sure which one I want to see in the #2 slot but it might be Campbell. :cheers:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...seems to me, one year Riggo had a shoulder problem early on and it bothered him all year.

Supposedly alot of Brunnel's success last year was directly due to Portis's blocking(if I remember correctly)..A bum shoulder has to affect his ability to block, and probably is the reason they went after Duckett. Seems to me that they picked him up relatively cheap.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If only Mark BruNELL's...

Oz said:
I'll give you that! Chances sure are better with Collins and Campbell as backups! Although I'm not sure which one I want to see in the #2 slot but it might be Campbell. :cheers:

...kids and I were running the team...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's amazing...

otter said:
Supposedly alot of Brunnel's success last year was directly due to Portis's blocking(if I remember correctly)..A bum shoulder has to affect his ability to block, and probably is the reason they went after Duckett. Seems to me that they picked him up relatively cheap.

...how you'll give a 3rd rounder for a guy who may be no more than a back up when the season is looming and only get a 6th for a back up QB in the offseason.

Duckett sounds great, but, why did Atlanta let him go? If he's so proven, well, that always worries me. They coulda given up a pick for Lalie.