throbbing index fingernail area

J

jp2854

how do you get your finger where your fingernail is to stop throbbing after it being hurt. I can tell you this I think our fingers have a pulse or something in them as where the white part of your finger nail is keeps going pink dark pink then back to white. That is where I got injured.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
how do you get your finger where your fingernail is to stop throbbing after it being hurt. I can tell you this I think our fingers have a pulse or something in them as where the white part of your finger nail is keeps going pink dark pink then back to white. That is where I got injured.

Why do you do this to yourself, you know what kind of answers you'll get. Call a doctor, last time I checked this was somd.com, not webmd.

belvak

Happy Camper
Why do you do this to yourself, you know what kind of answers you'll get. Call a doctor, last time I checked this was somd.com, not webmd.

:yeahthat: In the meantime, like any injury, you could put ice on it and elevate it to keep the swelling down. As for the throbbing, you hurt it, it has nerves and blood vessels going through it, so it will hurt and throb!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:yeahthat: In the meantime, like any injury, you could put ice on it and elevate it to keep the swelling down. As for the throbbing, you hurt it, it has nerves and blood vessels going through it, so it will hurt and throb!

I was going to suggest a meat cleaver or hack saw, but I guess you're idea would be less traumatic. :killingme

I was going to suggest a meat cleaver or hack saw, but I guess you're idea would be less traumatic. :killingme

Actually, a drill thru the nail to relieve the pressure. When you're in the field, you heat a steel nail red hot and push it thru until the trapped blood squirts out.

J

jp2854

thanks belvak. atleast you aren't making stupida$$ comments like some of them are doing which aren't the least bit funny. yah i guess my finger is going to hurt for a while. i am getting ready to get off here and go ice my finger for the 2nd time today and prop my hand up for a bit to see if i can get it to stop its driving me crazy.

Cowgirl

Actually, a drill thru the nail to relieve the pressure. When you're in the field, you heat a steel nail red hot and push it thru until the trapped blood squirts out.

She didn't indicate that she had a hematoma. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:buddies: The trauma still may come if the injury is severe enough to make the nail fall off. :lol:

My youngest slammed his finger in the front door and his nail turned black but didn't fall off until months later. It was the grossest thing I've seen in awhile.

Nanny Pam

thanks belvak. atleast you aren't making stupida$$ comments like some of them are doing which aren't the least bit funny. yah i guess my finger is going to hurt for a while. i am getting ready to get off here and go ice my finger for the 2nd time today and prop my hand up for a bit to see if i can get it to stop its driving me crazy.

That would be a short drive.

Yep, I have done this. The relief was immediate. Just through the nail, no further.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

You really should know by now when you post, what kind of answers you're going to get.