Tiger is...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, he's just Tiger:

Tiger May be Disciplined for Club Kick at Masters | EURweb

Tiger Woods’ grand debacle at the Masters may not be over. The golfer is now subject to discipline by the PGA Tour for kicking his golf club in anger on the 16th hole.

After a bad miss with a 4-iron into the par-5 15th hole on Friday, Woods hit a poor tee shot with a 9-iron on the par-3 16th. He let the club fall from his hands, then turned in anger and kicked it some 15 yards.

The tantrum received plenty of attention at Augusta National, and it prompted CBS Sports analyst Nick Faldo to say that Woods had ”lost his game … and lost his mind.”

”I apologize if I offend anybody by that but I’ve hit some bad shots. It’s certainly frustrating at times not to hit the ball where you need to hit it,” he said. ”I certainly heard that people didn’t like me kicking the club. But I didn’t like it, either. I hit it right in the bunker. Didn’t feel good on my toe, either.”

You know, Mickelson shanked his tee shot into the stands on the 4th hole, then made two more bad decisions ending with a tiple bogey, costing him the tournament. Not one hint of an emotional outburst.

I've said it before, not only has Tiger lost his mind, he is a disgrace to the game. Time and time again he proves it with his childish antics.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Poor Tiger. He has a huge bullseye on his back and can't do anything without the chattering classes tsking and clucking. Big deal, he kicked his club. Instead of apologizing, Tiger should have told them all to GFT.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Poor Tiger. He has a huge bullseye on his back and can't do anything without the chattering classes tsking and clucking. Big deal, he kicked his club. Instead of apologizing, Tiger should have told them all to GFT.

As for the reason the PGA sees a need to discipline him. Of course you realize, this isn't the first time. He apparently didn't learn his lesson from this; where he could have seriously hurt someone.

The guy has quickly becoming a menace to the sport. He was hailed as the sport's savior. He was touting as having the highest level of discipline. Now he has some of the sport's greats not liking him very much:

Tom Watson is speaking out against Tiger Woods's antics | GOLF.com

Tiger could have been the greatest golfer the sport has ever seen. But he has become a mental wreck. If you have any appreciation for golf - the rules, the etiquette, the respect for others – then you’d reject this kind of behavior at the highest level of the sport.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tiger could have been the greatest golfer the sport has ever seen.

Tiger IS the greatest golfer the sport has seen, or at least pretty close.

I feel sorry for him. He was so young when he hit the big time. Then his dad died and the wheels started coming off. Perhaps he should take up football or basketball - then he can do whatever he pleases, even shooting people and engaging in animal abuse, and his fans will still love him.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
He said he hurt his big toe kicking the club.

What else do you want? Until he comes into your house and does something to you, relax. Pretty sure he has paid all his dues, infact since he just won his first game in what two years? Pretty sure he knows life sucks.

And you can't tell me you have never thrown anything out of pure frustration when you know you can do something right/well and can't get it together.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He said he hurt his big toe kicking the club.

What else do you want? Until he comes into your house and does something to you, relax. Pretty sure he has paid all his dues, infact since he just won his first game in what two years? Pretty sure he knows life sucks.

And you can't tell me you have never thrown anything out of pure frustration when you know you can do something right/well and can't get it together.

If I wanted to watch someone get clocked in the head by someone else's stick I'll put hockey on. If I want to watch someone spit all over the place I'll put on baseball. If I want to watch someone lash out at fans I'll put on the WWF. If I want to watch a gentleman's sport - one where the players are expected to respect the course, the fans, other players, and the rules - I'll watch golf.

Either respect the game or do something else.

DaisyDuke

Well, he's just Tiger:

You know, Mickelson shanked his tee shot into the stands on the 4th hole, then made two more bad decisions ending with a tiple bogey, costing him the tournament. Not one hint of an emotional outburst.
I've said it before, not only has Tiger lost his mind, he is a disgrace to the game. Time and time again he proves it with his childish antics.

I know I'm the minority here, but Tiger annoys the hell out of me.

thurley42

HY;FR
Well, he's just Tiger:

Oh give me a break....he's the ONLY thing that has brought golf to the level it is today, and the ONLY reason you have golfers like McIlroy, Fowler, Mayhan, and yes Bubba. Because of Tiger Woods golf has been modernized and brought to countless people who would have never thought twice about it because it was for old men with goofy pants.

Should he have kicked his club? Probably not, but to call Tiger a disgrace is just sophmoric.

DaisyDuke

Oh give me a break....he's the ONLY thing that has brought golf to the level it is today, and the ONLY reason you have golfers like McIlroy, Fowler, Mayhan, and yes Bubba. Because of Tiger Woods golf has been modernized and brought to countless people who would have never thought twice about it because it was for old men with goofy pants.

Should he have kicked his club? Probably not, but to call Tiger a disgrace is just sophmoric.

He's still annoying as hell. :razz:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Tiger IS the greatest golfer the sport has seen, or at least pretty close.

I feel sorry for him. He was so young when he hit the big time. Then his dad died and the wheels started coming off. Perhaps he should take up football or basketball - then he can do whatever he pleases, even shooting people and engaging in animal abuse, and his fans will still love him.

Poor baby. Why do you or anyone feel SORRY for him? It is what he and his dad strove for. They got what they asked for. He's been paid. Do you feel sorry for all athletes/celebrities that strive for their goals all their lives, succeed at their tasks, then screw up, and expect pity parties?

No way. They have put themselves into the positions they are in. They wanted the spotlight, and they got it. If they make fools of themselves, embarrass themselves or their trade, bad on them, not those that heckle or ridicule them for their actions.

In HS or college golf, if you even intentionally drop your club after a shot, much less kick it, it is an automatic DQ.

Once Eldridge grows up, maybe he will get deserved respect, not just adulation or idolization which is only what boorish athletes or celebrities attain from brain-dead followers.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I feel sorry for him. He was so young when he hit the big time.

Try to look at this without letting your motherly instincts influence you.

Perhaps he should take up football or basketball - then he can do whatever he pleases, even shooting people and engaging in animal abuse, and his fans will still love him.

So because it's okay for footbal and basketball stars it should be acceptable everywhere? Where do you draw the line?

Not to diminish anything Tiger did for the sport, but his past acheivements do not win him a free pass to act like a baby.

thurley42

HY;FR
Poor baby. Why do you or anyone feel SORRY for him? It is what he and his dad strove for. They got what they asked for. He's been paid. Do you feel sorry for all athletes/celebrities that strive for their goals all their lives, succeed at their tasks, then screw up, and expect pity parties?

No way. They have put themselves into the positions they are in. They wanted the spotlight, and they got it. If they make fools of themselves, embarrass themselves or their trade, bad on them, not those that heckle or ridicule them for their actions.

In HS or college golf, if you even intentionally drop your club after a shot, much less kick it, it is an automatic DQ.

Once Eldridge grows up, maybe he will get deserved respect, not just adulation or idolization which is only what boorish athletes or celebrities attain from brain-dead followers.

Just curious, how old are you?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
If I wanted to watch someone get clocked in the head by someone else's stick I'll put hockey on. If I want to watch someone spit all over the place I'll put on baseball. If I want to watch someone lash out at fans I'll put on the WWF. If I want to watch a gentleman's sport - one where the players are expected to respect the course, the fans, other players, and the rules - I'll watch golf.

Either respect the game or do something else.
And they wonder why they don't have the fan base.

People watch for Tiger. No matter what you say, those numbers are high because of HIM.

Again so what? Is he less of a man because he kicked the club? Are the clubs feelings hurt? Do we need to bring him to court now for assult??

A gentlemans sport, sure, a boring gentlemans sport. But when Tiger plays people are at the edge of their seats waiting for him. When the rest play your "gentleman way" they are a sleep.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Oh for god's sake, he kicked a club in frustration. It's not like he shot anyone or grabbed his crotch at the crowd.

Yes, he should get whatever penalty you get for fits of mild temper - like they get in football for taunting and excessive celebration :)rolleyes:) but let's don't get too carried away vilifying him for something so petty.

thurley42

HY;FR
And they wonder why they don't have the fan base.

People watch for Tiger. No matter what you say, those numbers are high because of HIM.

Again so what? Is he less of a man because he kicked the club? Are the clubs feelings hurt? Do we need to bring him to court now for assult??

A gentlemans sport, sure, a boring gentlemans sport. But when Tiger plays people are at the edge of their seats waiting for him. When the rest play your "gentleman way" they are a sleep.

This whole thing was the Monday morning topic of discussion here at our own office Sportscenter......I agree, he needs to adhere to the rules and shouldn't get special treatment. If you kick the club, you get a fine..pay it and be on the way...but it's a breath of fresh air from the uptight golfers...He lets it all out there..

Phil didn't throw a club? I honestly don't know anyone, that likes Phil. We all bash Phil, he's a bore.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
There was a golfer just a few years back, that BROKE his golf club over his knee.

BROKE IT!!!

I saw no press conference calling for him to say sorry, No uproar about him not being enough of a gentleman. In fact to be honest I am not sure anything really happened to him. No fines, no sorrys, no nothings.

Yet Tiger kicks his club and the whole sport is going to hell and hand basket.

Amazing

PsyOps

Pixelated

And every time he throws his club or cussing someone or something, or takes a huge gouge out of the ground when he slams his club down I say "Give me a break".

What’s sophomoric is throwing your club into the gallery possibly injuring someone (and not even apologizing for it). What’s sophomoric is time and time again damaging greens and tee boxes from slamming his club into the ground. What’s sophomoric is yelling at the gallery for so much as making a peep when he lines up to hit.

It doesn’t much matter what Tiger did for the sport, it’s quickly becoming what he’s doing TO the sport now. And it will be about who he was when he went out. He is nothing more than a spoiled brat throwing tantrums on the course at almost every turn. If he could get his act together this could change that. He is fast losing respect across the PGA and I think it’s a shame.

This isn’t about him kicking his club in the Masters. It’s about a string of childish incidents that only puts him in the forefront for being remembered as that guy that – once again – lost his temper on the course, rather than being remembered as that guy that actually respected the game. Tell me what sort of message is he sending our youth?