Tiger King

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Havent seen this but read about it from several sources.

It sounds like a Jerry Springer Episode with Large Dangerous Animals.

What's it about - where do I find it?
It is on Netflix. Don't worry about a description of what it is about. The first episode starts of really :twitch: and you have no clue where it is going by 2nd episode you get the gist and will be glued. Just start watching.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tiger King sounds stupid to me and I can't imagine that's something I'd be interested in.

We're watching Ozark. Two episodes in, I'm liking it.
That's a great show. I haven't started S3 yet. Been binging This Is Us at the moment.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
It is on Netflix. Don't worry about a description of what it is about. The first episode starts of really :twitch: and you have no clue where it is going by 2nd episode you get the gist and will be glued. Just start watching.
Thanks - I think I will! I need a new diversion. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only problem I have with Ozark so far is that they're supposed to be at Lake of the Ozarks, which is portrayed as some backwoods redneck gooberville but is in actuality a major tourist resort area. The wife only seeing shanties and crapholes when she's looking for a house is inaccurate.

I'm guessing the people who made this show have never actually been to Lake of the Ozarks, and I don't like it when they do that.

The only problem I have with Ozark so far is that they're supposed to be at Lake of the Ozarks, which is portrayed as some backwoods redneck gooberville but is in actuality a major tourist resort area. The wife only seeing shanties and crapholes when she's looking for a house is inaccurate.

I'm guessing the people who made this show have never actually been to Lake of the Ozarks, and I don't like it when they do that.
I assumed that was all they were shown because they had limited funds. I also assumed they picked a run down backwoods area because that is what they needed to do what they had to do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I assumed that was all they were shown because they had limited funds. I also assumed they picked a run down backwoods area because that is what they needed to do what they had to do.

Then they should have chosen a real rundown backwoods area. God knows there are enough of them. I'm thinking they were spitballing and figured, Missouri right? There's nothing there that we in Hollywood know about outside of St. Louis.

They also made a joke about Branson, which is another not-backwoods not-rural area, but a major tourist and entertainment attraction.

I'm suspending my scorn so that I can enjoy the story.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Anyone commenting on Ozark had better utilize the Spoiler feature or there'll be hell to pay. TIA

Chris0nllyn

Love that show.

They did it on purpose. They are Angle Investors and looking to find a place in the dumps and away from the touristy areas.

UglyBear

Might I suggest "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime? I had to binge it, at the expense of sleep hours.

Short description: the anti-Star Trek. Where Star Trek was all high-minded and idealistic, The Expanse is brutal in is reality.
Basically, the equivalent of latish European Age of Discovery in space. Yes, we humans made it to space and colonized the Moon, Mars, and asteroids; but we are still the same hairless homicidal apes that we have always been, and will not miss a chance to screw over others for a tiny advantage.