Tim Tebow

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Jacksonville better draft Tebow tonight, first round. I'll be pist if he isn't a Jaguar by the end of the night.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Jacksonville better draft Tebow tonight, first round. I'll be pist if he isn't a Jaguar by the end of the night.

if the Jags are drafting Tebow tonight then you're in for a long night, because they'll probably need to trade down at least twice to get into the kind of position where it wouldn't be considered a major reach for Tebow. He's lower first round at best.

I hope he doesn't go to the Jags. He deserves a real team with a real QB he can learn from.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I think it would be a publicity move to try and sell more tickets... I do not think Tebow will be a terrible player, but I think Jax has bigger needs than QB @ the moment.

DipStick

I think it would be a publicity move to try and sell more tickets... I do not think Tebow will be a terrible player, but I think Jax has bigger needs than QB @ the moment.

They need to sell tickets. Tim Tebow would fill JMS for a couple years.

There's a lot of things the Jags need ... actually, let me list what they don't need: A new running-back.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

There's a lot of things the Jags need ... actually, let me list what they don't need: A new running-back.

Jax isn't a good place for sports honestly... There are just way too many people from different areas down there..

As for what they need, I don't think they are as bad off as you say.. They are a play making WR, and maybe a good DT away from being competitive... I don't see Tebow being the answer...

Either way, cheapish style owner who hasn't spent money by now to get names down there to fill seats, isn't going to start just because Tebow comes and you have maybe 1-2k more season ticket holders.

DipStick

Jax isn't a good place for sports honestly... There are just way too many people from different areas down there..

As for what they need, I don't think they are as bad off as you say.. They are a play making WR, and maybe a good DT away from being competitive... I don't see Tebow being the answer...

Either way, cheapish style owner who hasn't spent money by now to get names down there to fill seats, isn't going to start just because Tebow comes and you have maybe 1-2k more season ticket holders.

They should hold the games in Orlando instead of Jacksonville.

The five games I saw on television, Jags made mistake after mistake after mistake. The only time I saw the Jags play good ball was in that primetime thriller in Jacksonville against Indianapolis... now THAT was a good game. Would love to see the Jags play like that every week.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

The five games I saw on television, Jags made mistake after mistake after mistake. The only time I saw the Jags play good ball was in that primetime thriller in Jacksonville against Indianapolis... now THAT was a good game. Would love to see the Jags play like that every week.

Yeah, but they have basically been that way since they began... Signs of greatness, then 2-4 weeks of WTF was THAT!!! :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us

they'd sell some more tickets for awhile, but after a short while it would probably stop. then it'll stay like that unless he pans out as a top notch QB. either way, the Jags probably end up in LA soon enough.

Orlando? Orlando? You mean that city 1 hour away from Tampa, where another NFL team plays? There isn't a large enough population base. Jacksonville loses a bunch of people in Northern Florida to Dolphins, Bucs, Falcons, or other teams. They don't have much going for them.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Tebow would be a good fit for New England.

He won't be drafted by Jacksonville. I'd bet my left ass cheek on that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I still can't believe he went to Denver when they have Orton and Brady Quinn.

Think about what you are saying. :lol:

Quinn couldn't win the job in Cleveland. Cleveland. Add to that they now have Quinn. And decided to get Tebow.

Orton, while a solid pro, reminds me of Todd Collins, not John Elway. Talent wise, he's not on Cutlers level though he's certainly he's more steady. Plus Tebow is for 2-3 years from now and then the next 10-15, not right now.

The 'buzz' is that when Denver worked him out, that was it. Had to have him and all their machinations with the trades back and forth earlier in the draft was engineered to get in position to get him.

Tebow, in his interview right after being picked, in answer to his critics, his motion, his arm strength said that, as a Gator he did what he was asked to do and that is what he intends to do in Denver, whatever they ask.

Clearly, he has enough arm strength to play and top level arm strength hasn't done much for Cutler. Clearly, he is a superb athlete. And, as far as running right after he looks at his first check, Tim reminds me, very much, of a young, super athletic, run first kind of guy;

Donovan McNabb.

If there is such thing as a steal in the first round, I think Denver got it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think this was a bit of a reach.

I'd hate to admit it but the Cowboys got the steal of the draft in Dez Bryant.:cds:

We shall see about Tebow. Ain't like we're gonna forget his name.

And, Dez, yeah, I got a tighening in my stomach this AM when I heard about that! Not good!

:jameo:

Peter Forsberg

Think about what you are saying. :lol:

Quinn couldn't win the job in Cleveland. Cleveland. Add to that they now have Quinn. And decided to get Tebow.

Orton, while a solid pro, reminds me of Todd Collins, not John Elway. Talent wise, he's not on Cutlers level though he's certainly he's more steady. Plus Tebow is for 2-3 years from now and then the next 10-15, not right now.

The 'buzz' is that when Denver worked him out, that was it. Had to have him and all their machinations with the trades back and forth earlier in the draft was engineered to get in position to get him.

Tebow, in his interview right after being picked, in answer to his critics, his motion, his arm strength said that, as a Gator he did what he was asked to do and that is what he intends to do in Denver, whatever they ask.

Clearly, he has enough arm strength to play and top level arm strength hasn't done much for Cutler. Clearly, he is a superb athlete. And, as far as running right after he looks at his first check, Tim reminds me, very much, of a young, super athletic, run first kind of guy;

Donovan McNabb.

If there is such thing as a steal in the first round, I think Denver got it.
Great now you have 3 QB's and nobody to throw the ball to. :killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
I still can't believe he went to Denver when they have Orton and Brady Quinn.
They have who and who? You mean an average QB who is a lower tier starter? And a 1st round bust who was shipped out on the cheap? Wow that's some mega competition.

I'd hate to admit it but the Cowboys got the steal of the draft in Dez Bryant.:cds:
Agree on both accounts. I'm a Tebow fan but I wouldn't have been the one with the stones to take him in the 1st round.

Great now you have 3 QB's and nobody to throw the ball to. :killingme
Considering it's only the 1st round, they still have time to pick up more WRs and TEs, but they picked a stud WR right before Tebow that is essentially Brandon Marshall's replacement.

nuttshack

I am not sure WTF Denver is doing... It does not make sense! You trade a trouble maker who is a stud. I understand they can't control him.

You trade Jay Cutler last year why I have no idea. You trade for Brady Quinn who I think got the short end being drafted by the Browns. And now they draft Tebow???

I see the WILDCAT coming in Denver!!! Everyone say it with me WILDCAT!!!

As for the Cowboys when will they learn what character means??? Dez is a stud, but I think he is a time Bomb waiting to Happen!! Maybe the next TO!!!