Tim Tebow

BuddyLee

Football addict
Know who would be a great value pick in the fourth round for the Skins?

Bruce Campbell.

Dude is a project, for sure but he does finish and is beastly at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMm7...eature=related

Well, if we are interested in Campbell we won't have to wait through tons of teams in the 4th.

Rams
Vikings (from Lions)
Buccs
Texans (from Chiefs)
Redskins

So, if you really like him start hoping these teams aren't interested in Campbell.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BuddyLee

Football addict
Rookie.... What did Marylands WR do last season? Just saying.
DHB has bust written all over him. It was no surprise the Raiduhs took him. Thomas has more potential I think.

BTW, the Broncos have Eddie Royal to throw to as well. He's not too shabby.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
With the 5th pick in the 4th round the Redskins select...

LB Perry Riley LSU

Is it me or does he sound like one of those guys we're used to saying of other teams; "How come we never get anyone like that in later rounds?"

That's 2 for 2; needed LT, needed LB's.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Not too shabby for 6th and 7th rounders.

Got a WR who will return punts and kick-off's

Got a Center and a tackle and blocking TE.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was wondering about the TE pick. Had me scratching my head a bit. However, they'll be using this guy as a fullback, pass catching TE and a blocking TE. I really hope this guy sticks as he's beastly.

Looks like he really enjoys blocking. Finds his man, gets on him and keeps his feet moving, drives. Finds someone to block in space without forgetting where the play is supposed to go.

Good hands in traffic.

Decent speed. A little bit of elusiveness.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think the steal of the draft was J.C to the Raiders for a 2012!!!!!! 4th rounder!!!!!! :jameo:

Steal for them?

Or us?

On a solid team Campbell would be fine as long as he doesn't have to win games. However, over three years, he never had a GREAT game let alone several. He didn't lead game winning TD drives, have a 400 yard game or a 4 or 5 TD game or make several big plays in a row at key times let alone over several games. He never beat a good team that was over looking us.

How many times have we seen him start a game on fire and in rhythm that ended in a field goal whereas better qb's have a couple drives a game where they are unstoppable and get TD's making it look easy?

Good qb's have good and even great games on bad teams. He's slow on reads and decision making and he's not very accurate. The system he's been in the last few years where he's throwing to wide open receivers 5 yards down field on 3rd and 15 would make anyone's completion percentage numbers look good.

He's never thrown slants well. His deep ball is not accurate. He doesn't hit TE's over the LB's and under the safeties, going right up the middle.

He is tough. He can move. I woulda been excited to see how he did under Shanahan. I hope he does well in Oakland. I will be shocked if he does.

Wildcat97

Steal for them?

Or us?

On a solid team Campbell would be fine as long as he doesn't have to win games. However, over three years, he never had a GREAT game let alone several. He didn't lead game winning TD drives, have a 400 yard game or a 4 or 5 TD game or make several big plays in a row at key times let alone over several games. He never beat a good team that was over looking us.

How many times have we seen him start a game on fire and in rhythm that ended in a field goal whereas better qb's have a couple drives a game where they are unstoppable and get TD's making it look easy?

Good qb's have good and even great games on bad teams. He's slow on reads and decision making and he's not very accurate. The system he's been in the last few years where he's throwing to wide open receivers 5 yards down field on 3rd and 15 would make anyone's completion percentage numbers look good.

He's never thrown slants well. His deep ball is not accurate. He doesn't hit TE's over the LB's and under the safeties, going right up the middle.

He is tough. He can move. I woulda been excited to see how he did under Shanahan. I hope he does well in Oakland. I will be shocked if he does.

I think the most important thing to remember about Campbell and the Redskins is that he never really had a "supporting cast." He has had to learn 9 different offenses and has had 10 different coordinators since he started in college! Couple that with the fact he NEVER had an O-line (w/ the Skins) that could protect him so he could get the ball off to sub-par recievers and you simply have a disaster in the making.

Yes, he was extremely tough and he can move (probably just to survive)! Hopefully in a few months, we won't be saying these same things about McNabb. True, he is a proven winner BUT he is now a Redskin and that could change things for him for the worse.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think the most important thing to remember about Campbell and the Redskins is that he never really had a "supporting cast."

Agreed. However, I can rattle off dozens and dozens of names of guys on bad teams who had great games over the years.

:buddies:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Steal for them?

Or us?

I believe for them... They brought in a guy, with starting expierence, better than what they have.

Campbell never had a true chance to be great here, honestly, he didn't. Games when he would keep us in games and lose them in the end, either INT, or incompletions, normally happened because he was blasted the play before, and he was probably seeing double/triple :lol:

I think Campbell is a great guy, tremendous heart, and I honestly don't believe there is a tougher QB in the NFL... Honestly, who has been tee'd off on like he has the past 2 years, got up and back in the huddle?

Is he a great QB though, no, probably won't ever be. But he was brought here to hand off twice, an throw a 5yrd in/out for a first down.. Or work off of play action... Problem was, we never had a reciever over 5'5 for him to throw to, so play action wasn't a very good option here :lol:

As for an accurate deep ball, when he got here, he had one of the prettiest deep balls in the game, he could throw them into the right spot/area, but he never had a reciever who could make a damn play on the ball, or win a jump ball situation.

I do think some things would have changed now that it seems our young bucks (DT, MK) will be getting on the field more under a competent man's offense... But, too late to see now.

I will follow him in Oakland, I WILL NOT root for Oakland, but I will root for JC and hope he does well, because I think he deserves a fresh start.

Only time will tell.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Skins are early -4 point Vegas underdogs in their home debut Sunday Night Football game against Dallas.