(tire screech)

glhs837

Power with Control
I was interested in a book of short stories by some dead science fiction person, so I downloaded a sample from Amazon. In the forward, written by the author's son, he didn't get past the first two pages before he took a swipe at Republicans.

Delete.

I hate when I'm enjoying a book or a movie or whatever and for no apparent reason a nasty political comment is inserted. It's a full stop and the enjoyment ends. And it's usually an unnecessary non sequitur, the author just stuck it in there.

It's annoying.

You might like "The Bright Shore" https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/42967630-a-bright-shore

BOP

I was interested in a book of short stories by some dead science fiction person, so I downloaded a sample from Amazon. In the forward, written by the author's son, he didn't get past the first two pages before he took a swipe at Republicans.

Delete.

I hate when I'm enjoying a book or a movie or whatever and for no apparent reason a nasty political comment is inserted. It's a full stop and the enjoyment ends. And it's usually an unnecessary non sequitur, the author just stuck it in there.

It's annoying.
I've seen that in a few books by younger authors. I really hate it when it's a good book and I've been drawn in by the author.

BOP

That's when they lose me. I'm watching for entertainment, not to be indoctrinated by their bullshit.
I haven't watched television in years. Hell, I don't even remember the last time I watched a modern movie. I bought "The Thin Man" series of movies a few months ago.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm currently immersed in Steinbeck because I just love depressing stories that make me want to hang myself. :dead: But I just downloaded a sample of your book for the future. :yay:
I am into about three or four series, that's one, loa couple three books deep, then do some from another series. Might be too sci-fi for your taste, but the "Thrive" series is pretty good also.