Tis the season for boat humor ...

One of my favorite pastimes was to grab a lunch and head down to the public launch ramp and just watch.

The things that go on there are priceless.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
One of my favorite pastimes was to grab a lunch and head down to the public launch ramp and just watch.

I went with someone to go out on one of the head boats to fish and we saw a guy with a boat my friend knew. So out we go on the little tiny boat with a small cabin. After about an hour of this guy getting stuck in the shoal repeatedly (1st clue to get off that thing!), we finally get out in the water. Was a choppy day on the bay, so I ended up feeling nauseous and spent most of my time laying down on the bed in the cabin.

This guy NEVER told us he had been having battery issues. When it was time to come back in (and with NO FISH), he couldn't get the boat started so there we are WAY out in the bay, and he can't get the boat started. I was like OMG ! So I took off my white shirt so I could wave it to get help. No the nitwit didn't have a working radio either!

Eventually someone sees us and tows us in. Thank goodness! I even paid them for the help to cover their fuel/time. I had been out on one of the head boats in the past, and filled every cooler with fish, this time no fish CRAP!!!

So now I won't get on just ANY boat with just ANYONE.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Spring is a good time of year to watch the guys forget the drain plug

This guy NEVER told us he had been having battery issues. When it was time to come back in (and with NO FISH), he couldn't get the boat started so there we are WAY out in the bay, and he can't get the boat started. I was like OMG ! So I took off my white shirt so I could wave it to get help. No the nitwit didn't have a working radio either!.

At least they got you to take off your shirt :biggrin:

FYI - any electronics hooked to a dead battery won't work

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

FYI - any electronics hooked to a dead battery won't work

Radio would use less of a charge than to start the boat, BUT he admitted he needed to get the radio fixed :cds:

:lol:

My favorite is still the guy who thinks it's smart to back down the ramp quickly and hit the brakes so the boat slides off. He either winds up with the tow vehicle front-axle deep in water or scrapes the hell out of the boat because he forgot to remove a strap.

I've used 2 fire extinguishers of my own on 2 different engine fires, and played rescue to one guy who launched as above, and forgot to tie a line to the bow. We all just laughed as it drifted away, him looking totally dumbfounded.