TO released...

OldHillcrestGuy

T.O. is a cancer, he has caused trouble at everyone of his stops.
Im afraid Danny Boy will go after him,(it was mentioned on the radio today that the Redskins were interested) they have 8 million to spend since they released Jason Taylor.

Beta84

They're out to get us
...I'm scared.

:worry:
Why? The Skins apparently had to release Jason Taylor just to make cap room for Deangelo Hall. You guys are out of room unless you release someone else. Then again, maybe you will! :evil:

:roflmao:
I thought the same thing when I was reading it on FoxSports.com and they listed the Redskins, Raiders, Giants, Reality TV and Other...

Maybe he can lift the Lions to a 1-15 record this year?
:lol: I doubt it, considering the Lions couldn't win with Roy Williams and the Cowboys opted to go with Williams over TO as their #1 receiver. TO sucks!

HazelIrishEyes

BOOYA Grandma!
Why? The Skins apparently had to release Jason Taylor just to make cap room for Deangelo Hall. You guys are out of room unless you release someone else. Then again, maybe you will! :evil:

:lol: I doubt it, considering the Lions couldn't win with Roy Williams and the Cowboys opted to go with Williams over TO as their #1 receiver. TO sucks!

:howdy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
...I'm scared.

:worry:
:cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel
When I heard them talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning, I thought "What a wonderful way to start the day!!!!"

Why? The Skins apparently had to release Jason Taylor just to make cap room for Deangelo Hall. You guys are out of room unless you release someone else.

I thought I heard that they offered Jason Taylor the same contract, but wanted him to commit to 75% of the workout sessions or something at Redskins Park and he refused that, which was the reason he was cut. :confused:

At any rate, TO IS GONE FROM THE BIG D!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And Ray Lewis is staying with the Ravens, where he belongs. :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

:cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel
I thought I heard that they offered Jason Taylor the same contract, but wanted him to commit to 75% of the workout sessions or something at Redskins Park and he refused that, which was the reason he was cut. :confused:

You did hear that, thats what happened and I think they had already signed Hall and Haynesworth before they cut Taylor. If thats how it did happen then they should have 8 million to play with Taylor gone. Skins could us another good reciever, but please no not TO.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
You did hear that, thats what happened and I think they had already signed Hall and Haynesworth before they cut Taylor. If thats how it did happen then they should have 8 million to play with Taylor gone. Skins could use another good reciever, but please no not TO.

Haynesworth and Hall were signed last week - Thursday I believe at 12:01 a.m., after Haynesworth became a free agent at midnight. Taylor was released Monday or Tuesday of this week.

I said the same thing when TO became a Cowboy, so believe me when I say I feel your pain. :huggy:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Aha! I finally found a place where you said hi. :howdy:

:cartwheel :cartwheel
When I heard them talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning, I thought "What a wonderful way to start the day!!!!"

At any rate, TO IS GONE FROM THE BIG D!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And Ray Lewis is staying with the Ravens, where he belongs. :yay:
Yep. They did offer him that. However, it sounds like they used that as an excuse to cut him since they knew he wasn't going to do it (helloooo, Clinton Portis doesn't attend the offseason workouts in Washington either!)...but if he had, they would have cleared cap room another way.

You did hear that, thats what happened and I think they had already signed Hall and Haynesworth before they cut Taylor. If thats how it did happen then they should have 8 million to play with Taylor gone. Skins could us another good reciever, but please no not TO.
Nope...apparently they didn't sign Hall until Monday or sometime RIGHT after they cut Taylor, even though the deal was reported earlier in the week.

Haynesworth and Hall were signed last week - Thursday I believe at 12:01 a.m., after Haynesworth became a free agent at midnight. Taylor was released Monday or Tuesday of this week.

I said the same thing when TO became a Cowboy, so believe me when I say I feel your pain. :huggy:
Hall wasn't signed until after Taylor was released. I'll go find a link to the ESPN thing saying how strange it was. Sounds like cap room was an issue, though it was just speculation.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Yep. They did offer him that. However, it sounds like they used that as an excuse to cut him since they knew he wasn't going to do it (helloooo, Clinton Portis doesn't attend the offseason workouts in Washington either!)...but if he had, they would have cleared cap room another way.

Nope...apparently they didn't sign Hall until Monday or sometime RIGHT after they cut Taylor, even though the deal was reported earlier in the week.

Hall wasn't signed until after Taylor was released. I'll go find a link to the ESPN thing saying how strange it was. Sounds like cap room was an issue, though it was just speculation.

I think I do remember them saying the same day that Taylor was cut that Hall was "officially introduced" or something like that. I remember thinking "Well that's old news..." :lol:

Manny finally agreed to terms with the Dodgers too. :bigwhoop

LordStanley

I know nothing
:killingme

Im suprised it took this long to release him. Cant wait to see where he will end up.

I LOVE ME SOME ME!!!!! :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
ugh i give up on finding articles. I saw one article saying Taylor's release was needed because signing all of those guys created salary cap issues for the Skins, but I couldn't find the ESPN thing I was lookin for. Even if the Skins still have room, I heard they still need to resign Daniels...plus have room for draft picks.

Here's the link showing they didn't sign Hall til Tuesday though...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/transactions?team=was

March 3, 2009 Re-signed cornerback DeAngelo Hall and offensive lineman Derrick Dockery.
March 2, 2009 Released defensive end Jason Taylor.
February 28, 2009 Agreed to terms with guard Derrick Dockery.
February 27, 2009 Signed defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth; released cornerback Shawn Springs.