Today's annoyance - HOORAY!

drivingdaisy

I make my half dozen or so phone calls. Nobody answers, I leave a message.

And don't you know that when I finally speak to a human, everyone else I've left a message for decides to call me back at that same moment. So I finish my call, go to call the other people back, and......leave a freaking message!!!

:jameo:

This is why I love email so much as a form of communication. I'm ready to throw my phone through the window and it's not even 10am.

Ugh I have had this happen with all the medical/insurance bills I have been trying to get companies to fix. God forbid these large businesses and corporations actually have a live person answer. Leave a message and we'll call you back. Well guess what dummies I have limited time to talk to you and that's why I am calling you now. Inevitably you'll call back right as I'm trying to feed the baby or put him down for a nap. And we'll have this fun game of phone tag go on for weeks. When I get a live person they just tell me they sent my information to claims and someone will get back to me by Friday. No one ever gets back to me by Friday.

drivingdaisy

The irritation continues....

I call about a bill I paid several months ago that I'm now getting nastygrams about. Corporate has my information, confirmation is good, account is paid in full. The local office has not received my payment, and would like me to pay it immediately. I tell them what corporate said, give them the confirmation number....they do not care. I call corporate again, tell them that local is giving me a hard time. They tell me to call local and give them a new confirmation number...

JC, so now their billing problems are my problem??? No. No, I am not calling local for you, you all can coordinate your billing problems with each other, not through me because I'm getting ready to choke a bitch and beat your ass in public.

Supposedly they are communicating now and getting this problem straightened out. We shall see....

Then I try to do something as simple as setting up my son with a store credit at his favorite Temple liquor store for his birthday. The guy I spoke to last week said they do indeed do gift cards, I can either have it sent or set him up with store credit. Today I call and..... :duh:.....:confused:...no idea what I'm talking about, I can stop in and do it in person but they do not do anything over the phone.

Fine. #### it. I'll send a check and a card like usual. :burning:lol

My car is flashing a Maint Req at me when I start it - it goes away once the car's been running for a few seconds. I cannot get it into the shop until later this week. Tonight I start my Soc class and it is my fervent hope that my little red wagon will hang in there at least for this evening.

Then there are other minor irritations that are just conspiring to give me a TERRIBLE Monday. Rainy Monday at that.

But! Tomorrow is Tuesday, Monday will be over, and better days are coming.

Also dealing with something like this from hubby's trip to the hospital after his catching on fire incident last year. The stupid hospital submitted the claim to his insurance instead of workman's comp. And I would like to point out we only wrote the damn workman's comp claim number on approximately 3000 forms and they still f-ed it up. And my husband even called and explained their mistake to them and was assured they would fix it several time. Now his insurance company sent a letter saying it is our job to call the hospital to get it fixed or my husband (or maybe his work) will have some tax penalties. WHY WHY WHY is that our job when we've already tried to fix it. I feel like I am way too young to already hate insurance companies so much.

As for your car you should get the cell phone diagnostic attachment thingy. My husband has one and we use it all the time. He finds the error number, we look it up, then I contact my family mechanic members and they tell me if it is an emergancy or not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I love the 'we cannot talk to you [my wife] because this involves your husband's Insurance account

mind you it was about a mis-billing for my Wife's Gyno visit .... :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As for your car you should get the cell phone diagnostic attachment thingy. My husband has one and we use it all the time. He finds the error number, we look it up, then I contact my family mechanic members and they tell me if it is an emergancy or not.

Tell me more! What is this thing and where do I buy it?

Your husband caught on fire?? How did that happen?

pelers

Oh, even better is when the hospital effs your billing up, tells you they've got it fixed and then submits it to collections!

The collections people call and leave a message, I'm all :yikes: and instantly start :jameo: But they don't leave a return phone number, so I look them up online and find it. But they don't answer the phone, and there is no voicemail, just the screeching of a fax machine. :tantrum

:cds:

KDENISE977

:crazy::crazy:Same thing happened to me...I EFFING HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES ! And, I have dual insurance, which means TWICE the hassles, and Hopkins is a PITA to deal with too. One visit consists of 3 bills, one to the physician, one to the university, and one to the hospital? I'm all :crazy: Carefirst says they paid THIS bill and United Healthcare says they paid THAT bill and JH says this is owed and I could go on and on and on...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Back in 2011, my then 7 year old son had to stay a week in the hospital for a ruptured appendix. Got a letter from our insurance saying that they were not going to cover the last two days of his stay because they deemed it "not medically neccessary".

The fuse was ignited and the fight was on. I called them up and asked when they received their medical diploma and how they determined that those two days were not neccessary. I also asked what I was supposed to do when doctors were saying my son had to stay. Just rip out all his IVs and walk off, saying my insurance company won't pay if he has to stay more than 5 days??? They said we could write a letter of appeal and they would review it. I contacted the doctor who did the surgery on my son and told them what was going on. He said that he'd talk to the insurance company and if they still denied it, the hospital would just eat the cost of those two days. In the end, the insurance company covered those two days.

ZARA

More annoying... people that don't bother to listen to your message. They just call back and say, I see that you called... :banghead:

hehe I am SO guilty of this. I hate the phone.
I figure if someone left a message they need to talk with me and when we talk they will go over everything they called about in the first place, so why waste time listening to the message when I can go straight to the source and save god only knows how much time?

:whistle:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
hehe I am SO guilty of this. I hate the phone.
I figure if someone left a message they need to talk with me and when we talk they will go over everything they called about in the first place, so why waste time listening to the message when I can go straight to the source and save god only knows how much time?

:whistle:

Well then, I would probably piss you off by telling you to listen to my voice mail and then call me back.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well then, I would probably piss you off by telling you to listen to my voice mail and then call me back.

Right.:yay:

Why have VM and/or tell people to leave a message if you do not listen to them? YOUR time is so much more important than my time?

People do this ALL the time at work. Our HR department will call applicants & leave msgs. and then the applicants call in - get ME and will breathlessly say they ran to the phone , missed the call, and can I put them thru to the person that called?! Uh - no...there are over 25 people in this building with a phone!!! :cds:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Another annoyance... someone sends me an email and before I can open and read it, they are calling me to see if I got their email. Good Lord, I am not sitting at my computer waiting for your email so I can pounce on it in the first nano-second. :cds:

KDENISE977

I got to work today, had a voicemail, coworker says "Okay, I'm emailing you"

Ummmm... :confused:
wth did you bother with leaving me a v/m stating you would email me?

gemma_rae

Back in 2011, my then 7 year old son had to stay a week in the hospital for a ruptured appendix. Got a letter from our insurance saying that they were not going to cover the last two days of his stay because they deemed it "not medically neccessary".

The fuse was ignited and the fight was on. I called them up and asked when they received their medical diploma and how they determined that those two days were not neccessary. I also asked what I was supposed to do when doctors were saying my son had to stay. Just rip out all his IVs and walk off, saying my insurance company won't pay if he has to stay more than 5 days??? They said we could write a letter of appeal and they would review it. I contacted the doctor who did the surgery on my son and told them what was going on. He said that he'd talk to the insurance company and if they still denied it, the hospital would just eat the cost of those two days. In the end, the insurance company covered those two days.

I had a situation with a diagnostic lab. I had done all my due diligence on my part with copies and dates of everything. They forgot to submit the claim and said I was responsible.

I was threatened with a law suit by a collection agency and I simply told them calmly, I'll see you in court or you can come to my house and try to collect. I got a couple more calls and told them to refer to their notes on the matter. They sent letters too which I saved for my counter suit that never came to be.

That was 10 years ago and I still don't know what ever happened.:shrug:

SamSpade

More annoying... people that don't bother to listen to your message. They just call back and say, I see that you called... :banghead:

See, I don't have a problem with that, but partly because I do it. At least I call back - what does annoy me is people who SEE that you called, but didn't do anything about it.

But that's because I get folks who leave LONG messages on subjects that really are best discussed rather than get a long blow by blow. Plus I can't remember more than a few things at a time anyway.

Worse - I get several of them. Maybe your message was the last one - you know, after the reeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyy long one from the school system.

I'd rather just call back.