Today's dating advice thread...

K

kris31280

Tell him to run... run fast, run far, run without looking behind him.

She's playing the victim for sympathy votes and is only in to him when it's good for her.

JULZ

BFJ
Ok, here's the scenario. My guy friend met a woman online in the beginning of February. They emailed back and forth for about 3 weeks before they met. They've been on about 5 dates since then. I think he'd like to see her more often, but she's the one who wants to hold back. My friend, we'll call him Ricardo, says he came on a little strong at first. The girl, we'll call her Carmelita, got a little scared and started to back off. Ricardo apologized, and Carmelita said she's just nervous about jumping in too quickly because she's been hurt in past relationships. She, by the way, met a guy that lived in Hawaii online, and she dated him for 4 years (and they only actually saw each other in person once a year!).

Well, Carmelita seems like a flake to me, but I'm wondering what you all think. Ricardo said he didn't call her one day, and she sent him an email the next day asking if he forgot about her and asked if he got back with an ex or something. :confused: She's hot and cold....into him one day, and not into him the next. He said she mentioned wanting to put her profile back online because she's paying for it and wants to see who else is out there. To me, that means she's not all that interested. He's trying to be patient because he says he likes her and she's a nice girl. He's ready to find a relationship. I worry that he's being strung along. Why should he waste his time with this chick when he could be looking for Mrs. Right? He's a great guy and I think he deserves better.

Like I said, I just want opinions. I'll relay the message to him. :biggrin:

Send Ricardo my way, I'll set him straight! :wink:

poster

Ok, here's the scenario. My guy friend met a woman online in the beginning of February. They emailed back and forth for about 3 weeks before they met. They've been on about 5 dates since then. I think he'd like to see her more often, but she's the one who wants to hold back. My friend, we'll call him Ricardo, says he came on a little strong at first. The girl, we'll call her Carmelita, got a little scared and started to back off. Ricardo apologized, and Carmelita said she's just nervous about jumping in too quickly because she's been hurt in past relationships. She, by the way, met a guy that lived in Hawaii online, and she dated him for 4 years (and they only actually saw each other in person once a year!).
Well, Carmelita seems like a flake to me, but I'm wondering what you all think. Ricardo said he didn't call her one day, and she sent him an email the next day asking if he forgot about her and asked if he got back with an ex or something. :confused: She's hot and cold....into him one day, and not into him the next. He said she mentioned wanting to put her profile back online because she's paying for it and wants to see who else is out there. To me, that means she's not all that interested. He's trying to be patient because he says he likes her and she's a nice girl. He's ready to find a relationship. I worry that he's being strung along. Why should he waste his time with this chick when he could be looking for Mrs. Right? He's a great guy and I think he deserves better.

OK - Points for Ricardo for saying sorry, making amends and being man enough to do it.

The Hawaii thing is just alltogether too weird and HUGE red flag to me that she is as you ask a flake.

Jumping to conclusion of getting back to an ex after a day of no contact is another flag for flake. Also generaly people who would do such a thing expect the same actions in others, so perhaps he should be asking if she has any Hawaii trips planned.

His patience and readiness to commit is a waste on this girl, if she can't recognize these qualities in him then he absolutely is wasting his time. There are plenty of other people out there, hard to find I'm sure but it sounds like he deserves better.

Oh and I almost forgot, she's playing him, I'd bet the bank she's got 3-4 guys going online at any given time or she's married. - RUN

Last edited:

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

My opinion... sounds like she's being honest with your friend. In her defense, perhaps something similar happened to her in the past when your friend didn't call her one day. Triggered an old memory..so to speak. People are full of unwanted baggage, especially if they have had a life of some sort. Now...if she is wanting to put her profile back on-line, I don't know. I personally would take that as "I'm not interested" unless she is trying to get some reaction from him. Has he told her he likes her? Has he expressed himself to her? In his defense, if he has expressed himself and has asked her of her feelings and she is not interested in him, then yes move on. People should be able to tell whether or not someone is interested but then again, people can definately fool you.

BTW, her meeting some guy on-line who lives in Hawaii is irrelevant to the situation. Don't care about some guy she met on-line in Hawaii, just what is happening currently with your friend and her. She could be a very nice girl, just has some issues. Obviously your friend sees something in her.

Last edited:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
My opinion... sounds like she's being honest with your friend. In her defense, perhaps something similar happened to her in the past when your friend didn't call her one day. Triggered an old memory..so to speak. People are full of unwanted baggage, especially if they have had a life of some sort. Now...if she is wanting to put her profile back on-line, I don't know. I personally would take that as "I'm not interested" unless she is trying to get some reaction from him. Has he told her he likes her? Has he expressed himself to her? In his defense, if he has expressed himself and if he's feeling she is not interested in him, then definately move on. People should be able to tell whether or not someone is interested but then again, people can definately fool you.

Dear Denile,

Have you become a lesbian yet? Your hatred of men has progressed to the point where you are defending an obvious nut case because they're female. Maybe you should start looking for a girlfriend instead.

You're welcome,

-Chain

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Dear Denile,

Have you become a lesbian yet? Your hatred of men has progressed to the point where you are defending an obvious nut case because they're female. Maybe you should start looking for a girlfriend instead.

You're welcome,

-Chain

Sorry to disappoint Massacre, but I'm still straight. I don't hate men and I don't feel I need to defend myself to you or anyone else on the forum. Maybe you should seek psychiatric help. :lmao:

Vince

My opinion... sounds like she's being honest with your friend. In her defense, perhaps something similar happened to her in the past when your friend didn't call her one day. Triggered an old memory..so to speak. People are full of unwanted baggage, especially if they have had a life of some sort. Now...if she is wanting to put her profile back on-line, I don't know. I personally would take that as "I'm not interested" unless she is trying to get some reaction from him. Has he told her he likes her? Has he expressed himself to her? In his defense, if he has expressed himself and has asked her of her feelings and she is not interested in him, then yes move on. People should be able to tell whether or not someone is interested but then again, people can definately fool you.

BTW, her meeting some guy on-line who lives in Hawaii is irrelevant to the situation. Don't care about some guy she met on-line in Hawaii, just what is happening currently with your friend and her. She could be a very nice girl, just has some issues. Obviously your friend sees something in her.
And this is called "not being honest." If she were honest, she would have told him to his face that she was not interested. Say what you mean and mean what you say. If she's interested in finding someone else or already has found someone else, then she should have told the guy. She didn't. If she's that confused and doesn't know what the hell she wants, then she needs to stop looking and take a break.

harleyrider

Natural Born Smartass
And this is called "not being honest." If she were honest, she would have told him to his face that she was not interested. Say what you mean and mean what you say. If she's interested in finding someone else or already has found someone else, then she should have told the guy. She didn't. If she's that confused and doesn't know what the hell she wants, then she needs to stop looking and take a break.

or maybe just keep playing untill she finds it....

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I think he should quit that. There are so many women on the internet looking for men that I'm sure he'd have no trouble finding someone more interested in him. Seriously, the ratio is like 3:1.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
I think he should quit that. There are so many women on the internet looking for men that I'm sure he'd have no trouble finding someone more interested in him. Seriously, the ratio is like 3:1.

All men wish it was that easy. A dude posts a profile and might get two hits a year. A woman posts one and gets 300 hits in a day.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

Agreed to a point. She was honest about being hurt before. Agreed if she doesn't feel something for this guy, yes she should have said "It's been nice, but..." Also agree that if she is really that confused, then yes take a break. However, maybe she wants to take things slower. Maybe the friend is in a hurry and if he is, then yes, he should find someone else who is in a hurry as well. We don't know all of the circumstances. Were just throwing ideas out there. If she has too much baggage and issues for him to deal with, then absolutely, go find someone else. If he really likes this girl, then he has to deal with the baggage. It's his call.

Poohhunny1605

What is Ricardo and Carmelita's ages? This may be to some importance to the opinion I may give?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thank...

They sound perfect for each other :yay:

...you.

Everyone approaches this from the standpoint that he is somehow 'perfectly normal' and that she should be judged from that view.

Obviously, he's finding something interesting to him in this.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Have...

All men wish it was that easy. A dude posts a profile and might get two hits a year. A woman posts one and gets 300 hits in a day.

...you tried presenting yourself as transgendered? Just to get a third reaction for statistical purposes.

:lmao: