Today's Dr Phil

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I threw a bowl of Ramen at the wall when Alex was 14 or 15 and giving me incessant crap about something. I did manage to not throw the bowl directly at her, but just barely.

The bowl hit the wall and she scurried to go do the task I'd assigned her that she was arguing about. So apparently throwing ramen for punishment works. Should have done that first. :jet:

:lol:

My dad was away -- Marine Corps -- and it used to freak out my mom for the first week or so. Again..I was about 4. I wanted a chicken pot pie..screamed until I got it..then didn't want to eat it. She slapped me on the back of my head so hard, my face ended up in the plate.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I just wonder why she has so many kids. She doesnt' seem like the kind of Mommy that loves kids. :shrug:

Most INTJ type personalities don't like small children or children they can't relate too. They usually like older children who are more communicative and willing to learn and experience and are teachable. Which may explain why she adopted. Sounds like this kid just isn't a fit for her and her coping skills.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I guess I should have quoted the first post also for people that have no reading retention.
No offense, but I think it's you that's slow, dude.
I know that; I read every post. Hence why I said, "I read her post in less than 1 minute." If I could read her recap in that time, should it have taken much longer for the actual segment?

:shrug: Again, I read every post. She clarified her point in (2) subsequent posts.

Unless you think her stated point was not really her point. In which case, she is a glaring hypocrite.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Watching the clip, I would not agree with the women in the audience that the kid "should be taken from the home". The woman does seem lost, and like Vrai said, she would not be seeking help if she thought she was justified. Mig's appraisal seems valid; the mother needs training so she can in turn train her children effectively. Sad story. The kid may already be set for a few years of therapy.