Tortured Iraqis

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jlabsher
Ain't gonna let this thread die. Andy Rooney, another famous member of the liberal press has an interesting take on it. Well Vrai? http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/20/60minutes/rooney/main618783.shtml

Our darkest days up until now have been things like presidential assassinations, the stock market crash in 1929, Pearl Harbor, and 9-11, of course.

The day the world learned that American soldiers had tortured Iraqi prisoners belongs high on the list of worst things that ever happened to our country. It's a black mark that will be in the history books in a hundred languages for as long as there are history books. I hate to think of it.

Please. :duh: One of the worst things that has ever happened to our country? Comparing 9-11 to Iraqi prisoner abuses??? UFB.

Andy Rooney is a big fat idiot.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by jazz lady
Please. :duh: One of the worst things that has ever happened to our country? Comparing 9-11 to Iraqi prisoner abuses??? UFB.

Yeah, that did sound pathetic. Was he trying to say that Americans are supposed to be the good guys? Poor way of doing it.

Recently I saw a tabloid with the headline "The Woman Who Shamed America," which surprised me. I've been expecting a few commentators to describe her and the other guards as heroes or something.