Tracking Penny the White Shark on the East Coast

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Memorial Day Weekend coming up.
They are intelligent animals so they surely know when to show up for their natural prey, but I somehow doubt they target humans based on research that has been done. I still wouldn't be out swimming in the ocean

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

A 13-year-old girl said she was bitten multiple times by a bull shark last week while sitting in the ocean with a friend near her home in South Florida.

Ella Reed suffered injuries to her stomach, arm and leg, and had to receive stitches as a result of the attack at Fort Pierce Inlet State Park in St. Lucie County.

The attack took place in the shallow area where the waves break near the shore, Reed explained to WPTV.

NOTSMC

They are intelligent animals so they surely know when to show up for their natural prey, but I somehow doubt they target humans based on research that has been done. I still wouldn't be out swimming in the ocean
You've never seen Jaws?

HemiHauler

But those Boardwalk Fries, though.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That was just a movie ...... but that movie stopped me from going into the ocean many years ago. Can you imagine if there was a SHARK WARNING SIREN of the theme song from that movie?
Well.... There have been some very large Bull Sharks caught in the Potomac in the last decade or two.

NOTSMC

Well.... There have been some very large Bull Sharks caught in the Potomac in the last decade or two.
Do you remember that story, never mind, neither one of us were born when that happened. I think it's called 12 Days of Terror and it was about the bull shark that went up the New Jersey coast attacking people as it went. That was a creek not an ocean.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Do you remember that story, never mind, neither one of us were born when that happened. I think it's called 12 Days of Terror and it was about the bull shark that went up the New Jersey coast attacking people as it went. That was a creek not an ocean.
Yeah. Attacked some kid swimming in the creek and, I think, another person who went in to help them.

NOTSMC

Yeah. Attacked some kid swimming in the creek and, I think, another person who went in to help them.
yup that's the one. The pictures of the area where it happened look exactly like one of our back creeks. You don't expect to see sharks there.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

You will never see me voluntarily swimming in water that I can not see through. Actually I would not get into any body of water, not even a lake after the skin bacteria people have contracted.

Grumpy

Son has a video taken from a pier in Garden City, SC that shows good sized sharks(around 4 or 5) swimming around 10 yards from folks in the ocean. People were oblivious. Probably large sand sharks but even those would freak me out.

Kinnakeet

Yes who gets in the nasty dark water in OC anyway and who would go to that old Chit hole for vacation

Kinnakeet

Son has a video taken from a pier in Garden City, SC that shows good sized sharks(around 4 or 5) swimming around 10 yards from folks in the ocean. People were oblivious. Probably large sand sharks but even those would freak me out.
Everytime you go in the Ocean they are there just dont go in the water in the morning or in the evening