Tractor ideas?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:lmao: I doubt it but if you try be sure to pump the front tires up really good. :yay:

Well, they'd have to be small circumference bales.. the BIG bales, i doubt I could get the bucket high enough to stab the bale AND get it off the ground..

Figure 800 pound ballast box, liquid filled rear tires.. and my fat ass.. Yep.. think I could get 1000 - 1100 pounds off of the ground.. Sure it would be a fun filled ride though..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Well, they'd have to be small circumference bales.. the BIG bales, i doubt I could get the bucket high enough to stab the bale AND get it off the ground..

Figure 800 pound ballast box, liquid filled rear tires.. and my fat ass.. Yep.. think I could get 1000 - 1100 pounds off of the ground.. Sure it would be a fun filled ride though..

Can I come over and watch the circus:popcorn: Tell BG to get those iris' planted....I seen that the bucket hasn't moved from where we left it. And yes I was spying on you....:killingme:popcorn:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
Why get a loader if you can't lift a round bale with it? I would go with a used 90 HP tractor with a loader. Anything else is a toy or a motorized pooper scooper.

I have a Massey 451 with a 1100 loader. The tractor is rated 52Hp (45hp at the PTO) and the loader is rated for 2200 lbs.

I have no problem with Round Bales,or 1000lb squares, or knocking over trees except the clutch doesnt like it.

I bought it new from Guy Brothers and for what i paid for it (Tractor and Loader), i couldnt touch the John Deere 45hp (smaller) without the loader.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
How much does a round bale weigh??

The only thing I got is a warning NOT to lift round bales with the bucket (doesn't matter the size of the tractor).. they tend to roll, and if you don't know what you are doing, you could end up eating one.

They do have a round bale fork you can replace just the bucket with.

Around here they run anywhere from 500-1100 lbs. I have a hay spear that mounts in the bucket, that makes loading and unloading rounds no problem at all.

If I want to use the bucket for other things, the spear is easily removed.

Pete

Repete
I have a Massey 451 with a 1100 loader. The tractor is rated 52Hp (45hp at the PTO) and the loader is rated for 2200 lbs.

I have no problem with Round Bales,or 1000lb squares, or knocking over trees except the clutch doesnt like it.

I bought it new from Guy Brothers and for what i paid for it (Tractor and Loader), i couldnt touch the John Deere 45hp (smaller) without the loader.

Cool, never use a Masey, a few people had smaller Masey's but IH and JD ruled supreme where I grew up.

We didn't use a loader for round bales, we had forks they went on the back 3 point.

mingiz

Horse Poor
The JD we have is an older 60 series. The good ole hand clutch.:whistle: But it's been a good tractor...Love to hear it idle...It's a big green tricycle with power steering :killingme

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
we just bought a John Deere 4520 from Carrolls Equipment. The hubby chose this one cause I can use it and do my round bales chores while he is at work. It is simple to operate and even I can change the bucket to the spear in less than a minute.

We had then fill the rear tires with fluid instead of buying the ballast weights. It is 4WD and 53HP and the lift capacity is 2500lbs.

Financing was unbeatable. :yahoo:
You must have got the quick disconnect? :yay: can't live without that thing! We even have an implement that has 3 different sized balls on it for moving trailers, and another special made one for moving the g/n trailers around with the tractor. Hubs can park them trailers anywhere the land will hold them. :biggrin:

I HATE a rear loading spear though, hurts my neck to turn around for it. :dead: We use pallet forks for the large squares, and the spear for rounds.

Last edited:

Wait4It..boom

Great information! I appreciate all the opinions.
Does anyone know more about the Flat Iron Farm equipment auction the weekend of the 25th? Someone mentioned it at work. Anyone gone before? Got a good deal?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Great information! I appreciate all the opinions.
Does anyone know more about the Flat Iron Farm equipment auction the weekend of the 25th? Someone mentioned it at work. Anyone gone before? Got a good deal?
Sometimes you can get GREAT deals on heavy equipment, sometimes stuff goes for high $$. Get there early. There's always a ton of stuff there and worth the trip.