trailer help please

Loper

Animal Poor!
yea we had to pay $60 for them to say it didnt pass at all not even close. yea and the guy said you could haul a horse in it today!!! how dangerous!

I think I would take the trailer back to whoever sold it to you and look for something else. :buddies:

lovemyber135

I take my trailer to LaGrande RV in Leonardtown.

He hasn't steered me wrong yet with what needs to be done.

I want to get my floorboards inspected since Sundowner's have a rep for rusting out. I probably will take it to a Sundowner dealer. That is a CWS day trip down to VA. My checkbook will squeak if they need to be replaced BUT..it is better than having something happen to my horse.

where are they located exactly? will it cost me an arm and a leg?

lovemyber135

:yeahthat: Welcome to horses, they're expensive. You really want a safe trailer so, it's worth the cost to fix it. That said Saufley Sandblasting will not hose you. The Saufley's are good, honest people. But, he's also very busy right now. If he can't take your trailer now ask him to recommend someone.

no i know they are! ive been spending money on them for 14 years!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
i asked my mom if we could do that and she said no it doesnt work like that. :-(

Honestly, if they told you the trailer was in fine working condition and was able to haul then I would give them a call and tell them you are not happy with the purchase. If they don't take it back then atleast they know that you weren't happy with the way they weren't honest and that could jeopadize(sp?) their reputation.

Loper

Animal Poor!
i asked my mom if we could do that and she said no it doesnt work like that. :-(

Are you like 14 or something? Is your mom like a lawyer? Not to be mean, but you are sounding like an idiot. You bought the trailer under false pretense from what the owner told you. Unless you bought it as is, then you have no fault but your own for not getting the trailer checked out before purchase. :howdy:

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Are you like 14 or something? Is your mom like a lawyer? Not to be mean, but you are sounding like an idiot. You bought the trailer under false pretense from what the owner told you. Unless you bought it as is, then you have no fault but your own for not getting the trailer checked out before purchase. :howdy:

Agreed! :buddies:

fredsaid2

If she's not, she's probably close to 14. Sounds like they bought a trailer cheap knowing it would need work, taking a chance it wouldn't cost that much to get it right. Never works out that well, does it? I'd still call Saufley's to get an idea, a phone call is cheap.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I think she is pretty young...

We got a trailer real cheap that needed work when I was that young. I wouldn't have hauled a dog in it never mind a horse before it got worked on.

LaGrande RV is in Leonardtown on Route 5.

BlissfulJumper

I think she is pretty young...

We got a trailer real cheap that needed work when I was that young. I wouldn't have hauled a dog in it never mind a horse before it got worked on.

LaGrande RV is in Leonardtown on Route 5.

Hey... are they still doing maintance and stuff on trailers? One of the owners just recently passed away.

lovemyber135

you need to calm the h*** down. my mom bought the trailer for me i didnt buy it myself...it was a mistake so dont jump down my throat you dont know me.

lovemyber135

you guys are so mean on here...i just asked for some help and then everyone jumps down my frikin throat jesus christ...and im not that young so yall need to calm down on that subject...thanks for the advice for the people who did help me and didnt jump down my throat.

BlissfulJumper

you guys are so mean on here...i just asked for some help and then everyone jumps down my frikin throat jesus christ...and im not that young so yall need to calm down on that subject...thanks for the advice for the people who did help me and didnt jump down my throat.

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean but just point out the fact that somewhere in your situation some made a smiple, careless mistake one that would be made by a younger person when they are jumping the gun on purchases etc.

Trust me I am 18 and have made many simple, childish mistake but I learned. Not everyone has a family member who knows stuff about vehicles and trailers and some don't have family members who know how to go about purchasing stuff it's part of life. Take it all with a grain of salt and learn from everything.

SugarNSpikes

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean but just point out the fact that somewhere in your situation some made a smiple, careless mistake one that would be made by a younger person when they are jumping the gun on purchases etc.

Trust me I am 18 and have made many simple, childish mistake but I learned. Not everyone has a family member who knows stuff about vehicles and trailers and some don't have family members who know how to go about purchasing stuff it's part of life. Take it all with a grain of salt and learn from everything.

I completely agree.
I've been in the situation where I wanted something so badly, that when I find a good price, I was willing to buy ANYTHING, even if it wasn't a good decision.

It's something that comes with age and next time you'll know what to do. I'd take the advice that they give you, call the people around here and see what the experts say needs to be done.

We are on the internet and have given the best advice possible. We don't have pictures or have even seen said trailer, so obviously, we can't really fix it.

Duckz

Whoa there. People are just trying to help for the most part. Ignore the stuff that isn't useful. Calling us a bunch of meanies won't get you anywhere :buddies:

Good luck with your trailer. Some places will give you a free estimate. Be prepared though, any older trailer will need $$ to keep it safe.

devinej

:yeahthat:

live an learn, i think you've learned a few important lessons just from the experience.

for the most part our responses were helpful. just because one got to you doesn't mean you call everyone meanies! makes you sound even more childish!

and buying old beat up trailers....usually you buy that if your dad or your friend has a place and the ability to fix it up, otherwise its gonna cost you. or you take your very knowledgable horse friend with you to look at it to make sure its actually what the sellers are saying it is if you can't recognize a crappy trailer yourself. but you don't know that until it happens to you...kind of like buying the wrong horse. shoulda brought your trainer with you...lol. life happens.

good luck, hope you can get a good deal on getting it fixed or a good way to get rid of it and find a more decent one!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm

I think that you mean...Jesus Christ:coffee:

DocHudson

Seat Belts Save Boobs
Sorry

Sorry, but i have to agree. The attacks were stupid :smack: some people come here looking for help.:cheers:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I don't think it sounded like she was being mean...:popcorn:

1. you buy a trailer with out taking a mechanic or some one that knows about them.

2. You never asked the owner to hook it up and prove to you that everything worked.

3. People here are trying to help you,you got what you paid for because you were he a big hurry to have a trailer. If the brakes and bearings are the only thing you need to replace then you have redone half of the most major parts.
300-500$ to restore a older trailer isn't bad. Your biggest expense are the proper rated tires for them...You just can't put any old tire on them if you want to keep rolling.

Most here are experience trailer owners Me for 30yrs. The best thing you can do is get someone who can change brakes on a car or truck to do it for you.It's not hard to do you can measure the old drum and brake shoes to see what size you need. If not sure take the old one off and take it to the parts store and they should be able to match the parts. You can download instructions from DIY sites
Oh act your age I also thought you were young. :coffee: