trailer help please

lovemyber135

i mean she called me an idiot i feel like that was kinda mean in my opinion but thats just me.....and even if i did hook it up to his truck i wouldnt of known the brakes were backwards...sry i got my panites in a bunch but someone on here called me an idiot and that just doesnt fly with me ha...thanx for the advice guys

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
i mean she called me an idiot i feel like that was kinda mean in my opinion but thats just me.....and even if i did hook it up to his truck i wouldnt of known the brakes were backwards...sry i got my panites in a bunch but someone on here called me an idiot and that just doesnt fly with me ha...thanx for the advice guys

Actually I'm pretty sure she said you sound like an idiot which with some of things you were saying weren't very smart-sounding.

If brakes are on backwards I'm pretty sure they wouldn't operate properly when in motion. Don't hold me to that but that is what my common sense is telling me but I'm also no mechanic

lovemyber135

o my goodness i cant win on here...i guess you cant say i didnt try to end this on here ha...last time ill ask for help on here...and fyi you cant tell the difference when its on the truck and your hauling it somewhere.

fredsaid2

o my goodness i cant win on here...i guess you cant say i didnt try to end this on here ha...last time ill ask for help on here...and fyi you cant tell the difference when its on the truck and your hauling it somewhere.

I hope you get it fixed w/o too much expense and are on the road safely in the near future.

jamesbond007

I don't think half of the things you guys "gave advice" on were anything close to what needed to be said. She asked for a place to get her trailer fixed. Not for anyone to attack her for making a mistake, that clearly, everyone has done, or will do in life. The trailer does not look horrible, and it pulls decent.. seeing I took it back to the farm from being inspected, so even having them hook it up to the trailer & "prove" to her it was in good shape/whatever, wouldn't have helped at all.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I don't think half of the things you guys "gave advice" on were anything close to what needed to be said. She asked for a place to get her trailer fixed. Not for anyone to attack her for making a mistake, that clearly, everyone has done, or will do in life. The trailer does not look horrible, and it pulls decent.. seeing I took it back to the farm from being inspected, so even having them hook it up to the trailer & "prove" to her it was in good shape/whatever, wouldn't have helped at all.

I think she was given a lot of good advice.:popcorn:And places to get it fixed. No matter where she takes it going to cost her more than what she paid for the trailer itself. Than if she gets the work done by a friend etc.
Labor isn't cheap....So persay if she spent 500 on this trailer then it will end up being an expensive fix with labor cost. Repacking bearings ,replacing brake shoes, drums etc..takes time to do properly.... :popcorn: So she needs to put on her big girl panties and quit whinning. :whistle:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Sorry, but i have to agree. The attacks were stupid :smack: some people come here looking for help.:cheers:

AGREED!

Agreed!

Brakes are an easy fix! I do mine myself. While you are at it, if it is an older trailer, I recommend replacing the bearings as well. The parts are relatively cheap.

You can buy the parts at NAPA or Tractor supply.
Talk to Joe at the Charlotte Hall NAPA. He is a horse person and will take good care of you. They might even give you a price to repair it, if you ask; they have a shop attached to the NAPA store.

I also recommend Sensing’s Garage, they are just down the road from Elam's. He works on a lot of Heavy duty trucks (diesels). I get my trucks worked on there and I have been very pleased. But I asked him if he would work on a horse trailer and said no problem. They do good honest work and are very reasonable.

I deal with La Grande (ordering hitch parts), and they are very nice, talk to Mike, but their labor tends to be kind of high, from my experience.

Last edited:

lovemyber135

AGREED!

Agreed!

Brakes are an easy fix! I do mine myself. While you are at it, if it is an older trailer, I recommend replacing the bearings as well. The parts are relatively cheap.

You can buy the parts at NAPA or Tractor supply.
Talk to Joe at the Charlotte Hall NAPA. He is a horse person and will take good care of you. They might even give you a price to repair it, if you ask; they have a shop attached to the NAPA store.

I also recommend Sensing’s Garage, they are just down the road from Elam's. He works on a lot of Heavy duty trucks (diesels). I get my trucks worked on there and I have been very pleased. But I asked him if he would work on a horse trailer and said no problem. They do good honest work and are very reasonable.

I deal with La Grande (ordering hitch parts), and they are very nice, talk to Mike, but their labor tends to be kind of high, from my experience.

we are talking about it on PM :)