Transportation Secretary AWOL during supply chain crisis

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's on maternity leave. :roflmao:

Had the job for 6 months, then promptly took 2 months off to hang with his husband and bebes. These people, I swear..... :lmao:

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I wonder how many young couples are in line trying to find a child they can adopt while babies are given to 2 Bung holers.

SamSpade

He's on maternity leave. :roflmao:

Had the job for 6 months, then promptly took 2 months off to hang with his husband and bebes. These people, I swear..... :lmao:

It's perfect. It encapsulates what these guys think. Jobs don't exist to accomplish tasks or advance a business. You don't hire people because you need them to do things. They get jobs to receive a paycheck and get benefits. It's normal if he'd gone on leave the DAY AFTER he took the job.

I'm continually reminded of the experience of George McGovern, who decided to run an inn not long after he left public office. He lost it not long after - not realizing that aside from how very difficult it is to run a business - but especially how onerous all the regulations he'd actually HELPED PUT IN PLACE generally screwed business. He later admitted if he'd realized how hard it was on businesses, he'd never have done some of the stuff he did.

I'm astonished sometimes, because it's not JUST that they've never done these things, but that they appear to have never ever known anyone personally who has. It's like they have always lived in a world where money is as easily acquired as breathing air.

HemiHauler

Yep, sounds about as opportunistic as all government workers with respect to bilking the US Treasury for the lavish benefits they are given.

SamSpade

I wonder how many young couples are in line trying to find a child they can adopt while babies are given to 2 Bung holers.

Having adopted three kids, I am in favor of gay couples adopting. While there is TREMENDOUS demand in this country from couples wanting newborns - to the point where almost all of them are done while the birthmother is still carrying the baby - there are throngs of children with disabilities - or who are older - or who are minority - who will NEVER have a family. I have a foster brother that I reconnected with, many years later. He was never placed. My family has given him a family to call his own, albeit forty years later.

Adoptive parents get scrutinized a LOT more than you'd think. At least - they are choosing to care for a child and are willing to go through years of paperwork and red tape to reach that goal. Better for any child to have a family, than to never know one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm astonished sometimes, because it's not JUST that they've never done these things, but that they appear to have never ever known anyone personally who has. It's like they have always lived in a world where money is as easily acquired as breathing air.

In typical politician fashion it doesn't occur to them to ask someone who HAS done those things, AND! when someone with experience does try to tell them they get shouted down.

What on earth does Pete Bootyjudge know about Transportation? It's like the Mafia and their no-show jobs.

Hijinx

Having adopted three kids, I am in favor of gay couples adopting. While there is TREMENDOUS demand in this country from couples wanting newborns - to the point where almost all of them are done while the birthmother is still carrying the baby - there are throngs of children with disabilities - or who are older - or who are minority - who will NEVER have a family. I have a foster brother that I reconnected with, many years later. He was never placed. My family has given him a family to call his own, albeit forty years later.

Adoptive parents get scrutinized a LOT more than you'd think. At least - they are choosing to care for a child and are willing to go through years of paperwork and red tape to reach that goal. Better for any child to have a family, than to never know one.

I don't believe the child that these 2 got had disabilities and I doubt that they got this child without using their influence.
Children should have a family, a family made up of a Mother and Father of the proper genders.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having adopted three kids, I am in favor of gay couples adopting.

I have two personal experiences with gay parenthood.

One of my besties is a gay man who is the bio father of a little boy born to a lesbian couple. He is active in the family role - it's really amazing to see - and their child has to be the luckiest chap alive being raised by this group of people. The family is way more emotionally stable than most traditional families you see.

Also, another friend of mine had two children with her husband, then left him to be a lesbian, raising the children with her partner and keeping a surprisingly good relationship with the father. Today the kids are high functioning adults, quite accomplished, educated, secure, would make any parent proud.

I think as long as a child is loved and wanted, nurtured and cared for, the specifics of the family makeup aren't important. I'm not sure why non-traditional families piss so many people off considering the extremely poor parenting we see every day from hetero couples. Obviously it threatens them in some way.

musiclady

I don't believe the child that these 2 got had disabilities and I doubt that they got this child without using their influence.
Children should have a family, a family made up of a Mother and Father of the proper genders.
Babies. They have twins.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pete Buttigieg's inexperience exposed as supply chain breaks down

So, to what level of accountability are the media holding the Transportation secretary?

A quick Google check of "Pete Buttigieg,” when using the "News" search option, reveals the following headlines in this exact order as of Monday afternoon.

"Pete Buttigieg Calls Parenting Twins 'Most Demanding Thing': 'Yet I Catch Myself Grinning Half the Time’ ” - People Magazine

"Pete Buttigieg calls parenting twins 'the most demanding thing I think I've ever done’ ” - USA Today, under the "Celebrities" section

"Buttigieg quiet on growing port congestion as shipping concerns build ahead of holidays" - Fox News

"Buttigieg on parenthood: 'Most demanding thing' I’ve ever done" - NBC News

"Pete Buttigieg Dishes on His Future As a Presidential Candidate" - Business Insider

As you can see, almost all outlets are focusing on Buttigieg's foray into fatherhood and not on the one major issue he's in charge of fixing, or at least getting under some semblance of control, as cargo ships continue to pile up off the coast of America’s port cities.

Buttigieg was finally asked about this issue in an interview with Bloomberg News last week, during which he warned that the "challenges" will continue, possibly for years, before pitching President Biden's stalled $3.5 infrastructure plan, which surely will make everything all better.

PJay

Babies. They have twins.

black dog

Free America

You would have been unhappy if the mother would have aborted or chosen to adapt to a gay couple,
Both sides of the fence is popular I see...

Still waiting on that answer?????

black dog

Free America
I think as long as a child is loved and wanted, nurtured and cared for, the specifics of the family makeup aren't important. I'm not sure why non-traditional families piss so many people off considering the extremely poor parenting we see every day from hetero couples. Obviously it threatens them in some way.

Seems so simple, but so hard for some to grasp.
And yes i'm certin there is a dark horse or three in the shadows.

SamSpade

I think as long as a child is loved and wanted, nurtured and cared for, the specifics of the family makeup aren't important.

Exactly. I'm still in contact with a man from Russia who was never adopted. His stories would seriously break your heart. Imagine being beaten for no other reason than you're an orphan. Imagine running away from "home" (referring to the foster home where he was beaten) and living on the streets of St. Petersburg - at the age of FIVE. And that's far from the worst.

I do think ideally - it would be best for a child to be raised by a Mom and Dad. Bear in mind that one thing that child gets over if he is never adopted is FAMILY. Cousins, grandparents - a whole world. Staying in foster or not being adopted - he gets none of that. He grows into adulthood and beyond without any of that. I've seen it. It is sad.

My concerns about Pete are still - that he took a CABINET LEVEL JOB with full knowledge he was going to be ditching it for a few MONTHS. Because there's no way he began the adoption process any less than a year ago.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seems so simple, but so hard for some to grasp.
And yes i'm certin there is a dark horse or three in the shadows.

That may be but I think most of them are simply closed minded older people who are stuck in 1960 and can't get out. They not only think gay people should be outlawed, they don't want black people sitting next to them at the movie theater, nor do they want women in the workplace unless they're nurses or kindergarten teachers. These folks tend to be racial and sexual dinosaurs across the board, thinking that Leave It To Beaver chit they saw on TV was real, that everyone was good ol' Ozzie and Harriet.