Trial for Mechanicsville Crash Postponed Again

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Do inmates have access to the internet?

I asked my son, who used to work at the Detention Center in Calvert. He said "NOPE" - they can't in either county or state corrections facilities.

I honestly really am a REAL victim from this case.
Angie and family and friends, my heart goes out to you, as you so cruelly are left to point out, your life and theirs is forever damaged. You will never have the quality of life you had prior to that devastating vehicular assault. Most people like to say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I prefer, "What doesn't kill you gives you scar tissue." Scar tissue is natures way of providing permanent protection from traumatic injury. You did survive. You will continue to find your new normal. You can find peace. Life's journey will bring bouts of kindness, happiness and you always have love. Find healing in that... keep fighting the fight to get stronger. You are a survivor. :peace:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hey,

Ray here from Rays Plumbing again,

Oh I know bob! Long time friend of mine. Has fantastic loveseats. My favorite furniture in my house with a close second being my Lovesac.

Thanks,
Ray

I love my lovesacs too..

Or are you talking furniture.. I'm confused.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wanted to say, I, either, missed it, or it just came out in the current Baynet article, but I didn’t know one of VV’s docs said not to drive while taking certain meds. I have changed my mind on how I feel about this tragic event. Prayers to the victims, and I wish them the best in life, possible. Not everyone could be as strong as they have been through such an awful ordeal. And, to think it could have been prevented makes me truly sad.

black dog

Free America
Yes, I created an account JUST to post in this thread, as I’m sure you’ll point out, VirgoVictoria. Oh wait, you can’t - you’re in a jail cell, my bad. But, I just HAD to update my dear Southern Marylanders and to finally speak out about this issue, as I honestly really am a REAL victim from this case.

I truly hope that I do not receive any backlash from this post, but just to keep my sanity, this will be my one and only post in this forum, I will just be checking it. I really, truly am a victim, and I suffer every day of my life because of the doings of VirgoVictoria. I honestly do not think she will EVER truly realize the wrong that she did or feel any TRUE sympathy about what she has done. I give up on her actually receiving a just punishment in the end, and I really feel that NO punishment would ever measure to the degree of assault and pain that she has caused. I hope she gets a real punishment after she appeals, but again, nothing will compare to mine, my husband’s, my sister-in-law’s, and my friend’s completely undeserved LIFETIME punishment. Nothing. I’m just glad that she got to hear what I had to say in my victim impact statement. This is something that I truly worked hard on, with the hopes that VirgoVictoria would feel SOME kind of remorse for the life she really did end. I don’t think she felt any real remorse, just bitter anger for being called out, seeing as she was either just blankly staring at each person talking, or she would be rolling her eyes, angrily raising her hands, and smirking at people in the room the entire time during statements from victims. But, whatever. She heard what I had to say. That alone is huge considering my speech injury that she forced me to now live with.

I wrote a very lengthy, but honestly well written victim impact statement, if I do say so myself. I was very proud of this statement, as in my condition, it truly was a difficult task to write. I read the last little paragraph myself and I think I was understood well, despite one of the MINOR injuries I now must live the remainder of my life with, is a severe speech impediment. I just wanted VirgoVictoria to hear what I’ve gone through, so no matter what happens in appeal process, idgaf. I said my piece. And I said “peace” as she left. Please read below for my small closing to my victim impact statement that I miraculously read out loud, and was pretty well understood due to my perseverance, hard work & determination.

Hello, your honor. I thank you for finding Victoria Gellings guilty. I implore you to not allow her to do this again and to sentence her to the maximum allowed by law. My stomach is in knots thinking of the destruction she is so nonchalantly able to do without a thought or care in the world. That she will undoubtedly do this again to another innocent human being kills me. She has stolen my ability to live my life how I choose, daily making me wish my life was simply over, as she has devastated us mentally, physically, emotionally and financially with no remorse or compensation from her, not that any of this could be compensated. She’s left us destroyed in the wake of her terrible decisions and needs to be stopped. Please, your honor, don’t let another life suffer and continue to suffer as I have and will for the rest of my life. Thank you, your honor. Apologies for being hard to understand.

Okay, VERDICT: Gellings is spending the next 30 days in county incarceration; then Department of Corrections until we join again....because she is appealing.

Whatever. Again, no punishment compares to the life I now live. I’m just glad she heard me. I also just love that I finally got a “genuine” apology from her, over two years later. Seems reasonable considering I was in a coma for nearly three months, in medical care and recovery until July 2017, constant medical followups, and have recurring struggles just getting through the day due to physical pain, limitations, near blindness, mobility issues, and mental disabilities caused by major brain injuries. She will claim that she attempted to apologize back in July, but she just muttered “sorry” when walking by my wheelchair in court and GRABBED me. Unacceptable. Also, 1 year and 9 months after DESTROYING my life. (FAKE) apology not accepted.

God Speed to all that were injured with Victoria Gellings negligence and irresponsible behavior, I hope all of you don't miss one of her parole hearings and make yourself available and heard at everyone one of them.

Hijinx

My sympathy goes out to the victims of this horrible crash.
It seems the guilty party does have mental problems with her bi-polar mental state.
It also appears to me that she needs to be put away, as her condition makes her dangerous to be loose.
The mental hospitals that set so many people free when the crazy decision was made to free them all was a great mistake.
Those places served a need. Some people are not capable of rational thought.

This Victoria person is one of those. No one with rational thought can actually believe they are not responsible for the disabilities of their victims.
While so many people are so ready to condemn all firearms owners as criminals ,we have slaughter in the streets by drunken and medicated drivers.
We take their permits and they drive without permits, they get caught and serve a light sentence, or none at all.
Driving while intoxicated with drugs or alcohol is attempted murder.
And now we have medical marijuana made legal.:doh:

Can this woman who does not belong on the street alone receive an even stiffer sentence after her appeal.?
If so her attorneys are ill advising her, for this case seems so cut and dried that she is guilty, and her decision to drive caused so much pain , a verdict that could get her a stiffer sentence is further proof of her inability to use good sense.

RaysPlumbing

Can this woman who does not belong on the street alone receive an even stiffer sentence after her appeal.?
If so her attorneys are ill advising her, for this case seems so cut and dried that she is guilty, and her decision to drive caused so much pain , a verdict that could get her a stiffer sentence is further proof of her inability to use good sense.

Hey there,

Ray from Rays Plumbing here!

Yes, it is entirely possible to receive a stiffer punishment with the appeal, especially with a jury trial.
And her attorney quit at the end of the sentencing, so she is supposed to be applying for a public defender.

Thanks,
Ray

Hijinx

Hey there,

Ray from Rays Plumbing here!

Yes, it is entirely possible to receive a stiffer punishment with the appeal, especially with a jury trial.
And her attorney quit at the end of the sentencing, so she is supposed to be applying for a public defender.

Thanks,
Ray

Some people just don't know when to shut up.